Galco Kingtuk hybrid holster! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Galco Kingtuk hybrid holster!

pitor
06-10-2011, 13:20
I just bought a Galco Kingtuk hybrid holster (leather back, kydex shell). Awesome. At $55.00 and no wait it rivals CB and Kholster. The leather has two layers with a sweat shield in between (I think).

It feels as comfortable ad it gets. Breaking it in was fast and easy. Left the glock in it overnight and done.

It sports a combat cut and has a slide shield to take care of your slide and skin.

Will be using it for the first time Sunday at IDPA @ VCGHC.

Just wanted to give a shout out to Galco for such quality holster at such good price.

Peace

Sent from iPhone.

K1tt3n5
06-10-2011, 13:34
That looks like an awesome idea, if they made it leather lined I would pick one up for my 1911. All of my glocks currently have a galco iwb to match.

swinokur
06-10-2011, 14:16
Leather lined Kydex

Tucker Gunleather "The Answer"

pizza_pablo
06-10-2011, 14:28
No lefty option :crying:

pitor
06-10-2011, 15:09
That looks like an awesome idea, if they made it leather lined I would pick one up for my 1911. All of my glocks currently have a galco iwb to match.

Hmmm it is leather lined in the back of the holster, so half your slide is against leather. or you mean the kydex having a leather liner?

Sent from iPhone.

swinokur
06-10-2011, 15:21
The Kydex is leather lined. 15 dollar option

K1tt3n5
06-10-2011, 15:45
Leather lined Kydex

Tucker Gunleather "The Answer"

I've had my eye on it for a while, but I'm really trying to avoid spending 100+ on a holster for a gun I carry once a month.

K1tt3n5
06-10-2011, 15:46
Hmmm it is leather lined in the back of the holster, so half your slide is against leather. or you mean the kydex having a leather liner?

Sent from iPhone.

I have an ultra covert II that is the tan and digi camo one and I'm trying to avoid tearing up the finish since it's more of a safe queen/ plinking gun.

dkf
06-10-2011, 15:49
I've had my Kingtuk for a few months for my Glocks and its a good holster. Only paid like $47 shipped for mine which I thought was a good price. I think the holster would be better if it was rough on the back like the CBST. That should help keep it from moving around less.

swinokur
06-10-2011, 15:51
Well if you scratch your gun the one time you use it without one is it worth it? I'm not one of those guys who worries about scratches on a firearm. It's a tool to me. Others feel differently. I understand your reticence to spend the money however. But if you are concerned about wear, it might be worth the extra dough

I have one for my Kimber and a future Delta Elite I'm getting

Comp_sH00teR24
06-10-2011, 15:52
I just got one too for my G23. Great holster. I feel quality wise it is not quite as nice as an MTAC but nicer than a CB. But the price is unbeatable.

pitor
06-10-2011, 16:27
Here are some pics with my (problematic) gen4 G19.

Jason D
06-10-2011, 17:15
On the Galco KingTuck.

A. The holster is crap.
B. Galco won't stand behind a defective product.

Story short.

Bought one for a M&P. This was an M&P catch all holster, that works with compacts and full sized gun. The factory front sight would get caught on the outside of the holster on the draw, and again just forward of the holster's ejection port area. The addition of a decent sight channel would have solved every problem I experienced.

It took some work with heat to get the damned thing to even function for me.

Galco's response was pretty much to tell me that I was full of crap, and that their holster always pass rigorous testing before leaving the factory.

I am not the only one to have run into this problem.
There were several that reported the same type of problem on the 1911 forum.

If you want one of these hybrid holsters, stick with the original.
Stay away from the Galco version.

This coming from a person that generally likes Galco products.
I think I am pegged at 21 Galco's now.

pitor
06-10-2011, 17:27
On the Galco KingTuck.

A. The holster is crap.
B. Galco won't stand behind a defective product.

Story short.

Bought one for a M&P. This was an M&P catch all holster, that works with compacts and full sized gun. The factory front sight would get caught on the outside of the holster on the draw, and again just forward of the holster's ejection port area. The addition of a decent sight channel would have solved every problem I experienced.

It took some work with heat to get the damned thing to even function for me.

Galco's response was pretty much to tell me that I was full of crap, and that their holster always pass rigorous testing before leaving the factory.

I am not the only one to have run into this problem.
There were several that reported the same type of problem on the 1911 forum.

If you want one of these hybrid holsters, stick with the original.
Stay away from the Galco version.

This coming from a person that generally likes Galco products.
I think I am pegged at 21 Galco's now.

Thank you for your input and experience with the Kingtuk. Maybe like any mass produced product, they missed the ball on certain gun models.

I can say with confidence the Glock models are really good quality and work well.

Are you referring to the poor quality based on the sights not properly clearing the kydex shell? When you say "The holster is crap", you mean it didn't work for YOUR gun, or did the materials fall apart in little time?

I ask because the leather quality is really good IMO and the shell forming is also good. Materials wise looks and feels well made and solid.

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you. And Galco's response was lame, agree.

K1tt3n5
06-10-2011, 17:34
Well if you scratch your gun the one time you use it without one is it worth it? I'm not one of those guys who worries about scratches on a firearm. It's a tool to me. Others feel differently. I understand your reticence to spend the money however. But if you are concerned about wear, it might be worth the extra dough

I have one for my Kimber and a future Delta Elite I'm getting

You are 100% correct. I am not usually one that will care about the appearance of a gun, because as you said they are in fact tools and my glocks certainly show that, but that kimber has a very nice look to it. I'm sure I will purchase that holster because in my mind it couldn't get any better than that. Until then my 27 will be the ugly reliable work horse. O the horror of having to carry my favorite gun :)

K1tt3n5
06-10-2011, 17:37
I will probably order one of these for my 27 and an answer for my kimber.

Jason D
06-10-2011, 18:20
Thank you for your input and experience with the Kingtuk. Maybe like any mass produced product, they missed the ball on certain gun models.

I can say with confidence the Glock models are really good quality and work well.

Are you referring to the poor quality based on the sights not properly clearing the kydex shell? When you say "The holster is crap", you mean it didn't work for YOUR gun, or did the materials fell apart in little time?

I ask because the leather quality is really good IMO and the shell forming is also good. Materials wise looks and feels well made and solid.

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you. And Galco's response was lame, agree.

Yes, I can expand on this.
It just makes me mad when I think about it, and I have told the same story three times. I try to condense it each time.

The holster materials are top notch like all of their other products.
The leather is great, the kydex is top quality and not the injection molded stuff you see now in cheaper holster.

The problem being the holster for the M&P not working with the factory S&W sights. The gun has standard sights and would catch on and in the holster on the draw stroke. I believe had the holster had a better sight track, this would have never happened. It's something that should have been included in the original design. This holster was designed to work with all the 9-40 M&P's. That means the compact versions all the way to the full sized duty weapons.
Mine happens to be full sized. So the barrel and front sight stuck out the bottom of the holster.

What it took to make the holster usable was the use of a blow torch and a spoon to add a little flare where needed. I can now use and draw the gun without any problem.

I sent my concerns to Galco. I wasn't asking for anything. I didn't want a replacement holster, or some little freebie to make me happy. I wanted them to listen to and respond to my feelings that the holster as is was dangerous.

Now other versions of the same holster might be different.
This one though, would have been a danger to anyone using it as is.
The the gun to hang up when you need it, could find a person hurt or worse.

I received back a pissy little comment about how there is no way I could have possibly run into the problem that I did, and they they all went through rigorous testing prior to being shipped.

The very week I bought this holster, I shelled out close to 500 dollars for several more Galcos. To say I was angry was an understatement.

pitor
06-10-2011, 18:58
Yes, I can expand on this.
It just makes me mad when I think about it, and I have told the same story three times. I try to condense it each time.

The holster materials are top notch like all of their other products.
The leather is great, the kydex is top quality and not the injection molded stuff you see now in cheaper holster.

The problem being the holster for the M&P not working with the factory S&W sights. The gun has standard sights and would catch on and in the holster on the draw stroke. I believe had the holster had a better sight track, this would have never happened. It's something that should have been included in the original design. This holster was designed to work with all the 9-40 M&P's. That means the compact versions all the way to the full sized duty weapons.
Mine happens to be full sized. So the barrel and front sight stuck out the bottom of the holster.

What it took to make the holster usable was the use of a blow torch and a spoon to add a little flare where needed. I can now use and draw the gun without any problem.

I sent my concerns to Galco. I wasn't asking for anything. I didn't want a replacement holster, or some little freebie to make me happy. I wanted them to listen to and respond to my feelings that the holster as is was dangerous.

Now other versions of the same holster might be different.
This one though, would have been a danger to anyone using it as is.
The the gun to hang up when you need it, could find a person hurt or worse.

I received back a pissy little comment about how there is no way I could have possibly run into the problem that I did, and they they all went through rigorous testing prior to being shipped.

The very week I bought this holster, I shelled out close to 500 dollars for several more Galcos. To say I was angry was an understatement.

Thank you for the detailed reply. Completely justified in your reactions sir. Again , lame CS and attitude from Galco.

Glad you made it work for you.

Sent from iPhone.

Jason D
06-11-2011, 15:54
No problem.

up1911fan
06-11-2011, 16:28
I'll stick with the MTAC.

1smoothredneck
06-11-2011, 17:43
I've been trying my new King tuk out with my 27 and 19. No issues yet, and
pretty comfy. I do like the way it protects the weapon from sweat and the wearer from the weapon. I wish there was an option of brown clips, though.
I am thinking of getting the "C" clips, but the full metal clips in optional colors would be nice for other pants/belts.

pitor
06-11-2011, 21:15
I've been trying my new King tuk out with my 27 and 19. No issues yet, and
pretty comfy. I do like the way it protects the weapon from sweat and the wearer from the weapon. I wish there was an option of brown clips, though.
I am thinking of getting the "C" clips, but the full metal clips in optional colors would be nice for other pants/belts.

Glad you like it. I'm pretty pleased with mine so far. It seems the Glock models work well

Sent from iPhone.

Sharky7
06-12-2011, 00:59
The leather for the King Tuck is definitely thicker and more rigid than the Crossbreed. I prefer the Crossbreed, the more the leather will conform to your body the better concealment and comfort in my opinion.

King Tuck does look like a good product...good quality...Just prefer Crossbreed.

Deye76
06-12-2011, 09:47
I'll stick with the MTAC.

+1,

what I don't care for on some holsters is the hardware on the backside. The MTAC is just smooth, soft leather against your skin. No need for a undershirt in hot weather.

pitor
06-12-2011, 17:16
+1,

what I don't care for on some holsters is the hardware on the backside. The MTAC is just smooth, soft leather against your skin. No need for a undershirt in hot weather.

No need for undershirts with the Kingtuk either. The hardware is more than flush with the holster's leather. And the wait for a CB, what 7 weeks now ? No thanks.

Sent from iPhone.

Deye76
06-12-2011, 17:33
Yea 7 weeks is a bit much. 4 or 5 days for a MTAC at your door.

pitor
11-18-2011, 10:20
Just wanted to update on this holster. Galco KingTuck still going strong, no issues at all. I wear this holster every day with my G19 and it's super comfortable, protects well and draws smooth as baby butt! LOL

Actually it is my only IWB for the G19 and haven't considered buying any other holster. I'm happy with my choice on the KingTuck for my G19.

detroit9mm
11-18-2011, 10:37
I have CB Supertucks for all of my guns but decided to try to KingTuk for my Kimber and I really like it. It was $20 cheaper that the CB and it fits the Kimber like a glove. I would buy again and actually just talked my siter-in-law into one for her Kahr because she loved the CB I got her for her revolver.

G26AZ
11-18-2011, 10:38
I have one for my G19, and also sometimes stick the G26 in it. No hang ups or snags when drawing either one from the KingTuk. During the summer I use the Glock sport/combat holster due to sweat concerns, and the 19 front sight (Trijicon) does snag a little on the way up and out of that holster. The G26 - as it does not hang below the holster - has no problems with the GLock holster.

HerrGlock
11-18-2011, 11:33
I've got one for my Sig 245. I hate the thing and I believe that reholstering anything should not include having the hammer start back because something inside the holster catches the trigger because of how it's made.

If anyone wants to buy one for a Sig 220/226/245 tell me and I'll sell it to you for 1/2 retail. Only worn twice.

pitor
11-18-2011, 15:08
From all the comments it seems Galco got this holster right only for the Glock. Again I have no problems with my G19 and this holster. It fits as if it was custom made for it . Really really good holster and smooth draw with the Glock. My G34 fits just as good as the G19

Sent from iPhone. Hence all the typos!

rpgman
11-18-2011, 15:11
I use a KingTuk for my G27.
It's my everyday carry holster.

smitty704
11-18-2011, 22:48
No need for undershirts with the Kingtuk either. The hardware is more than flush with the holster's leather. And the wait for a CB, what 7 weeks now ? No thanks.

Sent from iPhone.

My supertuck is flawless, and I got mine in 13 days. If you ask them the wait, they will say 2 weeks. I purchased it for my G19 and it is a very comfortable holster. Hand made with care, it is a small operation. The wait is worth it, you dont get a "mass produced" hybrid. You get what you pay for, IMO. :tongueout:

To each his own.

smitty

pitor
11-19-2011, 12:18
My supertuck is flawless, and I got mine in 13 days. If you ask them the wait, they will say 2 weeks. I purchased it for my G19 and it is a very comfortable holster. Hand made with care, it is a small operation. The wait is worth it, you dont get a "mass produced" hybrid. You get what you pay for, IMO. :tongueout:

To each his own.

smitty

Yup to each his own smitty. :tongueout: right back at you. And I'm convinced I got quality from what I paid for. But since you don't own one, you probably wouldn't know...

smitty704
11-19-2011, 14:35
Yup to each his own smitty. :tongueout: right back at you. And I'm convinced I got quality from what I paid for. But since you don't own one, you probably wouldn't know...

I'm just messin with you brother. :) My father was looking at one the other day at a LGS. He likes the price, and is a galco fan for sure.