Tactical bolt knob [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tactical bolt knob

Grovenator
06-10-2011, 20:34
I want to put one of these (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=814158) on my Remington 700 P that is on it's way.

Will it work? I mean can a competent gunsmith put it on for me? Or do I need something else for this rifle?:supergrin:

eisman
06-16-2011, 21:09
A competent gunsmith can build a gun from scratch using tools and raw material. A good gunsmith could build you this part and install it (or weld some stock to your bolt and reshape it). An above average parts replacer could add this to your bolt.

You might want to use someone who has access to a lathe and knows how to use it, as there's a better chance it will be on straight.

Tip # 1 - if the guy can't break down the bolt in less than a minute, walk away.

VN350X10
06-18-2011, 22:04
Better to spend the 34 bucks on an upgrade of your scope rings, depending on what you're planning on doing with the rifle.
I've used a Rem 700P & the stock bolt is perfectly adequate, from Rem.
Got to ask, "WHY ?"

uncle albert

faawrenchbndr
06-19-2011, 11:30
.....Got to ask, "WHY ?"

uncle albert

It's "tacticool" :supergrin:

harleyfx69
06-19-2011, 12:45
A competent gunsmith can build a gun from scratch using tools and raw material. A good gunsmith could build you this part and install it (or weld some stock to your bolt and reshape it). An above average parts replacer could add this to your bolt.

You might want to use someone who has access to a lathe and knows how to use it, as there's a better chance it will be on straight.

Tip # 1 - if the guy can't break down the bolt in less than a minute, walk away.

what he said..