Gen 4 Trigger Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gen 4 Trigger Question

1smoothredneck
06-11-2011, 15:41
Hello Mas,
As always, a pleasure to seek advice from you. Been a big fan a LONG time. I have a Gen 4 19, and am well pleased. Reliable so far with everything, and I'll carry it when I get some Trijicons or similar on it. Question is the trigger. I, like you, have long been a fan of the New York trigger, and have had them on every Glock I have owned since the late 80's. The trigger on the Gen 4, though a stock 5.5, just seems more "New Yorkish" for lack of a better term. Seems a bit heavier than most stock Glocks I have handled, with less take-up, and MUCH less of the Sponginess(Sproing?) feel, and a firmer resistance all the way through the pull. All this is a good thing in my opinion.
Are you aware of any changes to the triggers?? It is NOT a NY1. Standard, with the coil spring. If the New ones are different, are they more durable?? If they tried to make 'em more NY1ish, maybe they have new metallurgy or something?? Maybe grasping at straws, but I'm kinda diggin' the trigger, and
will keep it if they resolved the breakage issue...
Also, is anyone doing a stippling sanding job on the inside of the grip for against the skin carry??
Thanks in advance...

Mas Ayoob
06-11-2011, 20:41
The RTF finish can get a little abrasive when carried against bare skin, and I don't see any problem with "softening it" on that side.

The Gen4 pistols are definitely coming through with heavier trigger pulls, IME. One insider tells me it's due to changes that had to be made in frame dimensions to reduce the grip circumference/trigger reach dimension, which subtly alters the alignment of the working parts.

JR Shepard in the Glock Pistols section of GATE can probably give you more insights than I on the arcane secrets of Gen4 Glocks. If you want to smooth off the grip on yours, he's once again the guy to ask: if he and his Lone Wolf team can't do it for you, he can steer you to someone who can.

best,
Mas

1smoothredneck
06-11-2011, 21:44
Many thanks, Mas. For all you do for the good guys. Best to you and yours.