Screwing Of A Lifetime [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Screwing Of A Lifetime

I owe
06-11-2011, 17:29
I bought a rossi 38 from hunterslodge ad out of shotgun news. It wont lock up or do anything. I have already over invested in the gun but I need it fixed. Is there anyone here good with this smith and wesson type guns. I need cheap help,,,,,,,the wife has me on a short leash. If I could just identify FOR SURE which part is bad I could order it and pay one of you guys to put it in. But I can't identify exactly what is wrong with it. The cylinder release has to be pulled slightly toward the rear of the gun before you can back the hammer?????

Needless to say Hunters Lodge WILL NOT trade out the gun. They are aweful in SOOOOOOOOOOO many ways.

06-13-2011, 10:26
I am assuming it broke after you bought it -- what led up to its demise ?

Look at the "star, sprocket" on the cylinder and see if it is chewed up. Normally on a revolver the hand that moves the cylinder by pushing on the star while the trigger is being pulled will eventually have to be replaced. You can test the action with the cylinder opened by 1-open the cylinder as if to reload, 2- pull back on the cylinder release latch instead of pushing forward and hold, 3- pull the trigger and see how it feels.

If it feels fine - you have a problem with the cylinder's rotation - could be the hand, star or the little thingy that pops into the locking slot on the cylinder. Could even be the frame is bent.

I owe
06-13-2011, 15:25
Thanks 1006,

It was broken when I received it and they will not make good on it. Otherwise I would not be so angry. I am leaning toward the frame bent which is unfortunate. The good one of the two is a darn good shooter...

06-13-2011, 16:31
try the action with the cylinder open--it would be hard to bend a frame, unless someone tried to change the barrel--

06-13-2011, 16:33
How do I get service?
To simplify repair and service, Rossi products imported by Braztech Int'l. are serviced and repaired by Braztech. Questions regarding the products of either company can be directed to Braztech in Miami, Florida at 305-474-0401, or in writing to:

BrazTech International L.C.
Consumer Care Department
16175 N.W. 49th Avenue,
Miami, FL 33014

06-13-2011, 16:34
http://www.rossiusa.com/repair-policy.cfm

Jason D
06-13-2011, 17:18
If you paid with a credit card, I would dispute the charges.

rhino673
06-13-2011, 18:15
I need to get my mind out of the gutter . I was expecting a whole different kind of story.

Njanear
06-13-2011, 18:36
Recalling the Hunter Lodge of years past, this gun is probably one of the OLD Rossi revolvers that they used to push out really cheap (I haven't opened a Shotgun News in years, so I can only assume they are advertising again if you just bought it)- from back before the Taurus/Rossi partnership. If so, I am pretty certain that any repair work will not be covered by BrazTech - but it doesn't hurt to try. Give them a call and let us know what they say.

I owe
06-16-2011, 06:30
I think disputing the charge may be my only recourse. ****** Thanks for all the wonderful feedback and service information.

I paid a little under 400 for both revolvers and shipping. The broken revolver was 150 for the gun 27.00 for shipping and 20.00 for ffl fee and 30.00 for a restock if I chose to return it. Then 30 to ship a different replacement (possibly broken POS) and ffl 20.00 all over again. $120.00 to get another questionable firearm..... I will just quit while I am ahead. These folks are a real piece of work. DO NOT IN ANY WAY DEAL WITH HUNTERS LODGE.........

eisman
06-16-2011, 20:57
The funny thing is... it's a pretty easy fix.

The pin that locks the cylinder is not engaging fully with the release. I'd charge an hours work to fix it (minimum charge), but that would be $70; which is why I quit working on cheap POS guns. Guys would leave them rather than pay to fix 'em.

But, if the worse you ever get taken for is $150 in your life, you got a deal.

I owe
06-17-2011, 10:13
The funny thing is... it's a pretty easy fix.

The pin that locks the cylinder is not engaging fully with the release. I'd charge an hours work to fix it (minimum charge), but that would be $70; which is why I quit working on cheap POS guns. Guys would leave them rather than pay to fix 'em.

But, if the worse you ever get taken for is $150 in your life, you got a deal.

Very true about the 150 part.... The good thing is the other gun is a darn good shooter with tight lockup and decent trigger... I will at some point fix it and you are likely the one to do it...... thank you

Wuchak
08-03-2011, 21:35
Another poor soul learns the lesson about cheap guns from Rossi and Taurus. I'm in the club too but my lesson cost me about $400 and months of frustration and disgust. You're getting out cheap. On the bright side, if you don't fix it you have a supply of parts for the other one when something on that breaks.

JayPap
08-04-2011, 07:09
Better Business Bureau if they are selling them as working, or not broken.

False advertising, I would stay away from cheap guns also but if they are selling them they should work.

Just my .02 cents enough complaints and they may change they way they do business.

Glockdude1
08-04-2011, 07:10
I need to get my mind out of the gutter . I was expecting a whole different kind of story.

You are not alone...... :whistling:

Brucev
08-05-2011, 06:40
Dispute the charges. You did not order a defective pistol. You ordered a working firearm. Dispute the charges. Let Hunters Lodge eat their problem. You have no obligation to pay for a defective product.

GlockAzona
08-07-2011, 05:14
Another poor soul learns the lesson about cheap guns from Rossi and Taurus. I'm in the club too but my lesson cost me about $400 and months of frustration and disgust. You're getting out cheap. On the bright side, if you don't fix it you have a supply of parts for the other one when something on that breaks.

Taurus has the most technologically advanced manufacturing facility on the planet.

They have metallurgical experts, hi-tech machining equipment that's light years ahead of other manufacturers. They claim to produce ALL their parts in-house, rather than rely on subcontractors to produce parts.

Sounds like they're the shiznitz of all gun manufacturer.

Their major failure is that, apparently, Quality Control software doesn't translate well into Portuguese ...

BOOSTED12A
08-16-2011, 10:59
the BBB dosent do a thing. if the company is crooked, they dont care. sucks about the pistol. sounds like an easy fix tho. if it dosent require any fitting get the part and replace it yourself