New GLOCK 30 SF Jamming Constantly. Help. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New GLOCK 30 SF Jamming Constantly. Help.

striperbisher
06-12-2011, 18:28
I purchased a New Glock 30 SF and took it home, field stripped it and cleaned it as normal with Rem Oil. Took it to the range and shot Winchestor 230 Grain White box ball ammo and Remington UMC 230 Grain ball ammo. Every second or third shot it jams while trying to feed the ammo. The fired round is ejected fine. I took it back home and recleaned it and check for burrs or anything sticking and it seems to be fine. Once again back on the range it fails to feed on the second or third round fired. The store owner or manager were not present thus no gunsmith to look at it. The lady running the range said bring it back when they are here because she had never seen a Glock jam. I admit, this is my 8th Glock and only one I have ever had jam. Any help is appreciated.

Eric SF
06-12-2011, 18:39
I had similar problems on my new 30SF (FTF/FTRTB) and sent it back to Glock. They said it met spec; however, they did put in a new trigger housing mechanism. A few hundred rounds later, the problem seems fixed, but I need more rounds through it to be sure. This sounds like the out of spec frame rails/FTRTB issues continue to plague some guns.

striperbisher
06-12-2011, 18:42
I will have my Gunsmith check it and probably send it back to Glock. I have been reading a lot about the Glock 30 SF having a trigger bar transfer problem causing it to jam on feeding ammo. Thanks for the reply.

RexKramer
06-12-2011, 18:50
This may be completely unrelated, but I had one round in a new 30SF 'jam', shooting Speer 200 GDs. Turns out my thumb had hit the slide stop lever, and the slide locked open.

Haven't had any other trouble, but I am very curious about slide issues in the 30SF, as you can imagine since I have one. Please keep us all posted how this turns out..

Wish I could run about 500 rounds of the Speer 200 GDs just to make sure I don't have an issue, but they're kinda pricey.

cole
06-12-2011, 19:02
Search for "Glock 30sf" or "G30sf" and one of these:
FTRB
FTRTB
Failure To Return To Battery

You likely won't be pleased. Hope this works out for you cheaply.

locosteelersfan
06-12-2011, 19:08
Hoping its simple for you....leave your mags fully loaded until your next trip. Sounds like the springs could be a bit too stiff.

Most of the RTB issues are worked out. Describe the stoppage better, is the round stovepiping or is the slide 1/4" out of battery.

SSTRUCKNGUY
06-12-2011, 19:13
Any chance you put it back together incorrectly?

mrsurfboard
06-12-2011, 19:37
You must be mistaken, Glocks are perfect.

Just1More
06-12-2011, 19:40
Gen 4?

striperbisher
06-12-2011, 21:11
It is put back together correctly and the slide is stopping 1/4" or more out of battery. The posts on FTRTB, Failure To Return To Battery by Cole, are exactly what it is doing. I appreciate the assistance. I will post again after getting it worked on by Glock.

striperbisher
06-12-2011, 21:42
Here is a photo of my Glock in the FTRTB position. Thanks.

iflyem1
06-12-2011, 21:46
Gen 4?

I don't think Gen 4, G30's are out yet.

mrsurfboard
06-12-2011, 22:02
Gen 4?

If it were a gen 4, then it wouldn't be a SF as there is no need for that with the gen 4 grip.

kingclassic
06-12-2011, 22:19
What trigger bar does it have? Trigger bar # 4256-1- is the most recent and said to cure the problem although mine is # 4256-1 and has cycled fine.

Squeeze
06-13-2011, 07:15
I took delivery of my new Glock 30SF, May 16th. It was a fresh batch
from Glock, via Ed's Safety.

In the first 50 rounds I have one FTRTB, and one FTF. I suspected ammo
issues, but since then have gone through 100 rounds of that ammo with
no issues. I have also gone through about 400 rounds of other ammo
with no issues. On the FTRTB, it was about 1/8" from lock up, and it
was with in the first 25 rounds, so it may have just been just a tight
new pistol. I believe the FTF was mag related now, so take the advice
and load the mags up, and keep them loaded for a few weeks. Actually
mine is running, and shooting, so well, it is on the CC option list.

FWIW, mine does have the new trigger bar, and I did upgrade the connector
with a Glock 4.5 connector.

Good Luck getting yours running. If yours fits you like mine fits me, and
shoots like mine shoots, it will be worth the effort to get it running well.

Squeeze

voyager4520
06-13-2011, 08:09
Does your G30SF have the 4256-1 trigger bar or the 4256-1-(extra dash at the end) trigger bar? In the following link you'll see one of Butch's pictures showing the location of the trigger bar number: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15647023&postcount=4

Glock standardized all G30,G30SF,G29, and G29SF models on the 4256-1- trigger bar to fix the FTRB problem. Even with the 4256-1- trigger bar some people still experience FTRB.

Basically what Glock did when they made the SF models, in order to keep as much parts commonality as possible, they raised the position of the trigger housing in the frame instead of making the trigger housing slimmer to accommodate the shorter backstrap.

When it came to the Gen4 models, Glock had learned from their mistake with the SF models and instead made the trigger housing slimmer front to back. They were able to do so by changing the angle at which the connector sits in the trigger housing by 5 degrees.

I'm interested to see once the .45ACP Gen4 models hit the market, if Glock will standardize on Gen4 .45ACP trigger housings for the SF models.

CynicX
06-13-2011, 08:17
I had the same problem with my g32. I don't know if your problem has the same cause obviously but here is what I found.

The mags have metal interiors that you can see looking down on them. Slightly in front of that is plastic again where the round pops up. The plastic was interfering with the rise of the round. I trimmed that plastic back with a razor ever so slightly and know it feeds perfertly. Went from 5 or so jams per may to 0.

I was able to even test the results by slowly hand cycling the gun. It would jam constantly prior to the modification. Now I can cycle it at any speed without problem.

Don't know if this will help you but its at least worth a shot. If it cycles fine without the mod I would think tight recoil spring.

FURocious
06-13-2011, 12:12
G30SF 2008 model with 4256-1 trigger bar...100% reliable.

striperbisher
06-13-2011, 21:27
I called Glock and they wanted to make sure it had # 4256-1- on the trigger bar because they have a known issue with the one that does not have the extra dash on the end. It does. They suggested I take it to my local dealer and change out the recoil spring. I did. Upon removal of the recoil spring and comparison to one of a normal Glock 30 (not sf), it was noted that the spring was slightly opened on the end. This is a known defect that Glock is handling or they say your local gunsmith can swap the spring with a new one and send them the old one for a replacement. Once the spring was replaced I shot 100 rounds with no more failures. BTW, there is no GEN 4 Glock30sf out yet. Glock and my local dealer gunsmith working together appear to have solved this issue. I am not an ad for Glock but I would like to say they gave me outstanding customer service and they were willing to send me a shipping label (cut my cost by 40.00$) to fix it and they do recognize there are some small issues with the Glock 30sf. Thank you for you help Glock talk members.:cool:

kingclassic
06-13-2011, 21:43
Glad you got in running.

Beanie-Bean
06-13-2011, 21:52
Excellent news! Glad you got yours working properly now. Going to go check the trigger bar on mine now for the extra dash.

G-30Jet
06-13-2011, 22:01
Glad it's fixed. You are now in posession of the best compact 45 on the planet. Enjoy!

tercel89
06-13-2011, 22:44
Are these problems only on the G30SF models ? How are the Standard G30 models ?

1badmason
06-13-2011, 22:48
I have about 260rds through mine of all different types of ammo and no problems. test fire date of feb 6, 2011.

voyager4520
06-14-2011, 04:25
I must say I'm surprised. I've never heard of an issue with the G30 recoil assembly before. Thanks for the info, and glad you got it solved!

Pred8tory
06-14-2011, 04:32
Just for the record, I've had my 30sf for well over a year and never had a malfunction. I was just at the range with it last week and was using 21sf magazines and no problem.

GRT45
06-14-2011, 16:08
- Deleted -

Bruce M
06-14-2011, 16:58
Glad to hear they got it running for you

Glockster45ACP
06-14-2011, 20:56
Good stuff, thanks for sharing the details, glad to hear all is well.

Tiro Fijo
06-14-2011, 22:16
It's the ammo IMO. Factory "range" ammo quality has declined greatly since the Obama scare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc_q6AJwc5k

striperbisher
06-15-2011, 13:50
I am not sure how to re-open a thread other than repost to it. I took my "fixed" Glock 30sf to the range this morning and fired 4 rounds and once again got FTRTB. It is currently enroute to Glock. VERY dissapointing. The recoil spring swap out was a temporary fix. We will see what Glock does with it. Back to lugging around the huge Ruger .357. I am by far a Glock hater but I am not happy with the Glock 30sf. I am heavily considering purchasing a Kimber compact, a Glock 27 or a SP-101 357. But on to bigger and better things.

striperbisher
06-15-2011, 13:54
Tiro Fijo, I used 4 different types of Ball ammo and three different types of hollow points. It is not the ammo. Federal, Winchester, Remington and Indepence Ball 230 grain and Federal Hydroshoks, Corbon and Winchester hollowpoints. It is the gun.

Thank you for others that read the entire post before commenting.

locosteelersfan
06-15-2011, 19:22
sorry to hear that. You do realize that people are all sooo quick to complain about a problematic gun (not saying its wrong) ala gen4s so its very disproportionate as to the number of people with problems than those that post.

What I'm getting at is while the 30sf has had problems in its past (and the few that have them are very vocal), its no where near the norm. You rarely read a negative these days even given the likelihood that someone who has issues will be quick to talk about it.

You got a bad one, as one could just as easily with any gun. There are people with problematic gen3 17s for example, which is the example of realibility.

I hope Glock takes care of you. Ask for a replacement. Tell them you want "perfection"...thats a tagline they have to live by and not just sell by.

Tmoney33
06-15-2011, 20:02
I just competed in a GSSF event with a 30SF that had a test fire date of 5/5/11 and it ran awesome. I've put 300+ rounds down it with no problems.

Glock40man
06-15-2011, 22:01
Glad it runs smooth now. Enjoy.

striperbisher
06-16-2011, 02:36
I spoke with Glock about getting a replacement gun and they said send the gun in and the current turnaround time is 8 weeks. I told them thanks and hung up and traded it in on a Kimber Ultra carry cdp II and ran 300 rounds through it with 4 ammo types and never had a hiccup. Glock is saying they have a problem with the Glock 30sf line but they are not sure what it is. They rushed this gun to market and it is a poor line of guns period. Not just one gun. I would definitely make your dealer let you shoot the gun before purchasing it but I doubt that will happen. Good luck Glock people. I am no longer a Glock carrier or owner.

FLuXmr2spyder
06-16-2011, 03:10
im glad mine has the -1 on the bar, although i did get a couple ftrtb on my 1st 100rds, gun has been insanely flawless since, with ANY type of load

21Carrier
06-16-2011, 04:08
I spoke with Glock about getting a replacement gun and they said send the gun in and the current turnaround time is 8 weeks. I told them thanks and hung up and traded it in on a Kimber Ultra carry cdp II and ran 300 rounds through it with 4 ammo types and never had a hiccup. Glock is saying they have a problem with the Glock 30sf line but they are not sure what it is. They rushed this gun to market and it is a poor line of guns period. Not just one gun. I would definitely make your dealer let you shoot the gun before purchasing it but I doubt that will happen. Good luck Glock people. I am no longer a Glock carrier or owner.

I can't believe you are just gonna give up on Glock like that. You said yourself that you have had SEVEN previous flawless Glocks. So you got a bad one. With any large-scale manufacturing company, flaws happen. Eight weeks is BS, but I don't think it's a reason to totally turn your shoulder on Glock. Why not just try another G30SF (I realize it's too late now)? As long as I've been around Glock Talk (not THAT long, but several months), I've heard more praise for the G30SF than ANY Glock. I had never heard ANYTHING bad about it until this thread. It just seems rash to run away from Glock like that.

Wickersham
06-16-2011, 05:16
As long as I've been around Glock Talk (not THAT long, but several months), I've heard more praise for the G30SF than ANY Glock. I had never heard ANYTHING bad about it until this thread. It just seems rash to run away from Glock like that.

I think you mean the regular G30 getting all the praise - the 30SF has been plagued with problems from the beginning and there are extensive reports concerning its failures.

doneroman
06-16-2011, 05:21
Not enough pertinent info..

I purchased a New Glock 30 SF and took it home, field stripped it and cleaned it as normal with Rem Oil. Took it to the range and shot Winchestor 230 Grain White box ball ammo and Remington UMC 230 Grain ball ammo. Every second or third shot it jams while trying to feed the ammo. The fired round is ejected fine. I took it back home and recleaned it and check for burrs or anything sticking and it seems to be fine. Once again back on the range it fails to feed on the second or third round fired. The store owner or manager were not present thus no gunsmith to look at it. The lady running the range said bring it back when they are here because she had never seen a Glock jam. I admit, this is my 8th Glock and only one I have ever had jam. Any help is appreciated.

Edmo01
06-16-2011, 06:00
What trigger bar does it have? Trigger bar # 4256-1- is the most recent and said to cure the problem although mine is # 4256-1 and has cycled fine.

+1. My G30 with the 4256-1 is good...

Edmo

hmchardy
06-16-2011, 11:34
Put some brasso on a cotton mop and put in drill and polish your feed ramp and all non rounded edges of your chamber. That should do it. Usually that's not necessary with Glock barrels, but I discovered my G30sf to have unrounded and sharp edges to the chamber. Particularly on the upper left side. After I lightly polished, became a typical boring 100 percent dependable Glock, even with my cast reloads. I don't think the return spring, nor the trigger bar, nor the difference in slide rail height and width between front and back had much to do with it. Just less than stellar machining. All in all, I wonder if they didn't have the Russians set up the tooling on a Friday, last day of the month.

When asked, I recommend the G30 over the sf because of the problems and Glock continuing to not solve them, obviously, since people are still posting the same issues with brand new guns.

byf43
06-16-2011, 12:13
I've started to echo what others are saying about lubing their Glocks, especially the G30SF.

Normally, I put the recommended 'drop' on the lube points, however, especially with a NEW pistol, running the gun 'wet' will tend to allow the pistol to 'break-in' and get the parts loosened up and/or 'mated'.

FWIW, my G30SF has got several hundred rounds through it, with ZERO hiccups or malfunctions.

This pistol has the -1 trigger bar, and has an ever-so-slight 'groove' on the angled vertical extension of the trigger bar.
Still, the 'groove' hasn't gotten any worse, and the pistol has had no stoppages other than a magazine or two that's been run empty!!

I would've been interested in seeing what the G30SF would do (if you had kept it), and ran it 'wet' for a short while.

voyager4520
06-16-2011, 12:27
I've started to echo what others are saying about lubing their Glocks, especially the G30SF.

Normally, I put the recommended 'drop' on the lube points, however, especially with a NEW pistol, running the gun 'wet' will tend to allow the pistol to 'break-in' and get the parts loosened up and/or 'mated'.
I would've been interested in seeing what the G30SF would do (if you had kept it), and ran it 'wet' for a short while.

I purchased a New Glock 30 SF and took it home, field stripped it and cleaned it as normal with Rem Oil.

I must say I've never heard of a single good result coming from the words "Glock" and "RemOil" being used in the same sentence.

Nutt51
06-16-2011, 12:41
I know it can be frustrating when you have a continuing problem with something that is suppose to be quality item.
I have several Glocks, 3 nines, and a 21sf. Great pistols all, they have
ran flawless with many kinds of ammo. That being said.
Glock still has a problem with the 30sf. Folks are still having trouble with them
and I want one so bad I can taste it, but I will not buy one until the
problem is found and rectified, or the gen 4 models come out and they are
proven to be better. I know things go wrong and every major company has problems from time to time, but this one is not fixed yet.
I may go ahead and get a 36 to hold me over.
Glocks are fine weapons and I will keep mine, but I am taking a wait and see
attitude on the 30sf. Sorry for your frustration.

prcharlie
06-16-2011, 12:47
I have a G30SF Test fired 1/7/10. I've had about 4 ftrtb's and have the grove in my 4256-1- trigger bar. All early on, with under powered Wally Federal after the gun was dirty. NEVER with my Ranger and Ranger +P or any other PD ammo (not that I tested that many) Golden Saber, Hornady, Win PDX.

FLuXmr2spyder
06-16-2011, 15:03
I know it can be frustrating when you have a continuing problem with something that is suppose to be quality item.
I have several Glocks, 3 nines, and a 21sf. Great pistols all, they have
ran flawless with many kinds of ammo. That being said.
Glock still has a problem with the 30sf. Folks are still having trouble with them
and I want one so bad I can taste it, but I will not buy one until the
problem is found and rectified, or the gen 4 models come out and they are
proven to be better. I know things go wrong and every major company has problems from time to time, but this one is not fixed yet.
I may go ahead and get a 36 to hold me over.
Glocks are fine weapons and I will keep mine, but I am taking a wait and see
attitude on the 30sf. Sorry for your frustration.

so all the issues with the 36 are resolved and now the 30SF has some quirks...weird as when i was in the market for a small glock 45 my choice was between the 36 and 30 and at the time the 36 had a lot of issues, now the tables have turned :wow:

Glockster45ACP
06-16-2011, 20:58
Put some brasso on a cotton mop and put in drill and polish your feed ramp and all non rounded edges of your chamber. That should do it. Usually that's not necessary with Glock barrels, but I discovered my G30sf to have unrounded and sharp edges to the chamber. Particularly on the upper left side. After I lightly polished, became a typical boring 100 percent dependable Glock, even with my cast reloads. I don't think the return spring, nor the trigger bar, nor the difference in slide rail height and width between front and back had much to do with it. Just less than stellar machining. All in all, I wonder if they didn't have the Russians set up the tooling on a Friday, last day of the month.

When asked, I recommend the G30 over the sf because of the problems and Glock continuing to not solve them, obviously, since people are still posting the same issues with brand new guns.

Agreed, my left and right lower chamber had sharp edges that caught the brass shoulder and prevented return to battery. After a little smoothing now 100%. Poop occurs!

flatblack5_0
06-16-2011, 21:39
whats a glock 30sf? what does the sf stand for?

21Carrier
06-16-2011, 22:01
SF stands for "short frame" as in short front to rear. Specifically, it means that the trigger reach is shorter. That is the distance from the backstrap to the face of the trigger. Other people may tell you it means slim frame, but they are incorrect. Glock says SHORT FRAME.

BTW, is your 5.0 a '79-93, or '11?

flatblack5_0
06-16-2011, 22:28
BTW, is your 5.0 a '79-93, or '11?

dreaming of a '11.

1988 GT... hot cam, gears, carb'd, edlebrock performer rpm intake, headers, nitrous, gutted. its gone now. but ill have another one soon.

TurtleBoy617
06-20-2011, 05:13
Here is a photo of my Glock in the FTRTB position. Thanks.

So this is what a jammed glock looks like... I have never seen this!

Whtwolf14
06-20-2011, 05:29
I am selling them all. Why so rude?

There are some on here that don't like people complaining about issues with their Glocks. They think just because their's is perfect, everyone else is just crying about a non-issue. Not saying that was what that guys problem was. The fact is, once you start losing faith in the sytem, get rid of it. My 3rd Gen G19 has been 100%, and I have total faith in that weapon. I will never get rid of that baby.

Saying that, I did have 1 issue that was ammo related with my G30, and yes it does stick in my mind. It will be that way until I get enough rounds through it to wipe that incident away. If I start losing faith in it, it will go away.

Glock is a money making company. They aren't in it for the good of the people, come on. They are trying to keep up with the neighbors, in an economy that sucks. Corners are going to be shaved to help the bottom line numbers. I'm sure the die-hards will come in and flame me, but that's ok.

FLuXmr2spyder
06-20-2011, 12:28
i consider myself lucky after having 4 glocks all have been flawless, but i know they are bound to make some mistakes, after all these are mass produced off the shelf items...something can and will go wrong, i still think the GLOCK has one of the best items for the price...in both reliability, quality and accuracy...my .02

i hope the OP has resolved his issues

striperbisher
07-04-2011, 21:04
Sold the Glock 30SF because i never got it running and got a Ruger Sp101 .357 magnum. Lost 5 shots of carry capacity but if I can't hit what is coming at 5-7 yards with 5 shots I probably shouldn't be carrying. Ended up keeping one of my other 7 Glocks, G-21. Sold my g-17, 22, 26, 27, 34 and 35. Not a Glock hater, as I have kept my G21, just decided to go a different route for Concealed carry. FYI, none of my other Glocks jammed, ftf, fte or ftrtb. The Glock 30SF needs some kinks worked out. I have shot a Glock 30 not SF and it ran smooth as butter.

doneroman
07-05-2011, 05:49
:rofl:

so all the issues with the 36 are resolved and now the 30SF has some quirks...weird as when i was in the market for a small glock 45 my choice was between the 36 and 30 and at the time the 36 had a lot of issues, now the tables have turned :wow:

SwampBoys
07-05-2011, 09:10
For whatever it's worth - not much - I bought my SF30 in March (2/1/11 test fire date) and was unaware of these problems. Just looked and it has the 4256-1- trigger bar. I've shot 350 of the cheapest rounds I can find through it, and just cleaned it for the first time. Happy to report that it's been 100% so far, ignorance is bliss :supergrin:

Sgt01
07-06-2011, 10:19
The only problem I have is with G21 mags. At least one FTF with each mag. No problems with G30 10 rounders.

Taurus851
07-28-2011, 08:50
does anyone know if there is a date when glock started manufacturing the 30sf with the -1- trigger bar?

voyager4520
07-28-2011, 09:49
^I don't know but if you're considering buying one and want to see if it has the -1- trigger bar, have the clerk field strip it for you and look at the field stripped frame, the number will be on the cruciform as you see in the pictures in this post: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15647023&postcount=4

cablecutter
07-28-2011, 10:02
weird that the 29sf doesn't have the same problems... well at least none that I have heard of any way. I know it is different caliber but they are both sf

Larry V
07-28-2011, 15:55
I won 2 30sf's and have never had any problems . They were purchased in 2009

DEADEYEGUY
07-28-2011, 16:07
Send it back to Glock. Their is nothing more frustrating and very expensive than trying different ammo, lube, or whatever to get a gun up and running. Especially with the price of .45 being what it is. If you let a gunsmith mess with it he might void the warranty. No offense to your gunsmith. Since it didn't work from the box they should make it right clear and simple. If you keep trying to get it to work and wasting ammo you'll get to where you will never trust the gun anyways. Let Glock fix it.

late
07-28-2011, 16:54
Fellas, I know how unpopular this may be, but here is THE TRUTH:

I fought Glock's legal department for MONTHS regarding my G30SF and never once got a straight answer about anything. Before I sent the gun in for "warranty service" I analyzed it carefully and determined that the frame rails are out of spec. The rear rails are set too low in the plastic frame. As a result, the slide rides too low, particularly at its rear.

The underside of your slide is located too low relative to the top cartridge in your magazine. The slide scrapes along the top of the cartridge, jambs and fails to return to battery. Glock refused to acknowledge this, and turned me over to their head attorney when I called them on it.

Frequently the slide of my G30SF could not be retracted manually. It would just lock in place, completely. Notice that Glock Inc still offers no Gen4 G30. There's a design flaw.

Tell Glock you want to trade your problematic G30/G30SF for some other model. They'll work with you in order to avoid notariety. Glock swapped me Gen4 G19s for my 45s, and I agreed not to go public with all the gorey details. If you don't believe me, hey, rock on.

Taurus851
07-28-2011, 19:24
well i looked and i have the -1- trigger bar on my 30 sf so i'm hoping not to have any problems

Quiet-Guy
07-28-2011, 19:30
I started a thread like this one not long ago. My G30SF has LOTS of problems. The trigger bar, ejector and magazines all rubbed on the slide. The magazines were very hard to insert. It has the common ftrtb issues as well. It also had the previously mentioned issue with the rear rails being lower than the front. It would certianly stand to reason that the low rails would account for some of the problems.

In the short time that i have been on GT i have seen several threads like this one. That's why i sent the gun back to them along with a lengthy letter asking for a replacement of a different model. I wish that they would finally identify what is causing the problems and fix them, just as any responsible manufacturer should.

GlockN
07-28-2011, 19:31
I have a 30sf with 400 rounds down range, no problems here. Glocks like to run dry, wipe off all that damn Rem Oil.

Taurus851
07-28-2011, 20:26
I started a thread like this one not long ago. My G30SF has LOTS of problems. The trigger bar, ejector and magazines all rubbed on the slide. The magazines were very hard to insert. It has the common ftrtb issues as well. It also had the previously mentioned issue with the rear rails being lower than the front. It would certianly stand to reason that the low rails would account for some of the problems.

In the short time that i have been on GT i have seen several threads like this one. That's why i sent the gun back to them along with a lengthy letter asking for a replacement of a different model. I wish that they would finally identify what is causing the problems and fix them, just as any responsible manufacturer should.

do you remember the model trigger bar you had? was it the newer -1- model?

Quiet-Guy
07-28-2011, 20:45
do you remember the model trigger bar you had? was it the newer -1- model?

Yes, it is the new -1- trigger bar.

hatidua
07-28-2011, 20:58
I won 2 30sf's and have never had any problems . They were purchased in 2009

I PAID for 2 30SF's and neither one could make it non-stop through a single mag of ammo. Sold both, will not revisit that model. At the time, when calling Glock, they feigned ignorance and claimed never to have heard of a 30SF having an FTRB problem :upeyes:

Taurus851
07-29-2011, 07:19
Yes, it is the new -1- trigger bar.

lol well i hope i don't have the same problem. i thought that trigger bar fixed the problematic guns

Taurus851
07-29-2011, 07:20
I PAID for 2 30SF's and neither one could make it non-stop through a single mag of ammo. Sold both, will not revisit that model. At the time, when calling Glock, they feigned ignorance and claimed never to have heard of a 30SF having an FTRB problem :upeyes:

you had the new trigger bar also?

i'm going to the range today so we'll see how my luck goes

late
07-29-2011, 08:40
It's NOT the trigger bar.

See post #64 above.

I dueled with Glock Legal, in depth and at length. They never admitted a single design defect and their warranty supervisor lied to me blatantly. They refused to identify the problem, so I could not consider replacement with a specimen of the same model. Why would I assume that the replacement would be any better. And more likely...I believe I would have received a sloppy loose re-worked POS. I've read on this board of guys who have a brand new 30SF with an unusually loose slide. In my opinion, that would be the result of Glock Inc increasing the height of the slide rail slots (the cuts in the inside of the slide that accept the steel frame rails cast into the plastic frame).

If those slide rail slots are machined to be a bit taller, that gives the slide some "wiggle room" so the slide can "bump up over" the top round in your mag as it cycles past. Completely out of spec and Glock Perfection becomes a joke/lie.

I'll bet you have trouble manually cycling your slide over a full mag, but have no problem cycling the slide with no mag inserted... I just explained why, and brother, I learned all this the hard way.

Last word from me:
Don't waste your time/energy. Demand replacement with a proven model other than G30 or G30SF. I suggest you stick with 9mm replacements.

Good luck

Henry's Dad
07-29-2011, 09:18
For what it's worth, I've owned a G30SF since 2008.

Thousands of rounds, never a failure of any kind.

Taurus851
07-29-2011, 09:38
late, i have no problem racking the slide with or without a full magazine in the gun. i'll give a range report later

Quiet-Guy
07-29-2011, 14:28
I fought Glock's legal department for MONTHS regarding my G30SF and never once got a straight answer about anything. Before I sent the gun in for "warranty service" I analyzed it carefully and determined that the frame rails are out of spec. The rear rails are set too low in the plastic frame. As a result, the slide rides too low, particularly at its rear.

Could you post the measurements of how much lower the rear rails were? It would be interesting to know what measurements that glock considers to be in spec. My front rails were about .020" higher. I measured the gap between the plastic frame and the bottom of the rails. Front gap was .090" the rear gap was .070".

Whether you have a good or bad 30SF, I would be interested to see the measurements from both guns. This might identify a trend in rail heights in good and bad guns and give something to check for when buying one.

Taurus851
07-29-2011, 15:03
alright well i'm happy to report that i just got back from the range and put 100 flawless rounds down range of cheap wally world federal champion.

that makes 200 flawless rounds in total without one hiccup. i'm cautiously optimistic that i got one of the good ones at this point..

Torontogunguy
09-11-2011, 09:00
There are some on here that don't like people complaining about issues with their Glocks. They think just because their's is perfect, everyone else is just crying about a non-issue. Not saying that was what that guys problem was. The fact is, once you start losing faith in the sytem, get rid of it. My 3rd Gen G19 has been 100%, and I have total faith in that weapon. I will never get rid of that baby.

Saying that, I did have 1 issue that was ammo related with my G30, and yes it does stick in my mind. It will be that way until I get enough rounds through it to wipe that incident away. If I start losing faith in it, it will go away.

Glock is a money making company. They aren't in it for the good of the people, come on. They are trying to keep up with the neighbors, in an economy that sucks. Corners are going to be shaved to help the bottom line numbers. I'm sure the die-hards will come in and flame me, but that's ok.

I'm not going to flame you but you are right in that Glock is a business and means to make money. However, unreliable=loss of market share and it takes BIG bucks and time to buy that market share back.

If the issues with the G30SF are not resolved and FAST, Glock stands to lose market share. Problem is that the upper echelon can reach a point where they figure they have all the time in the world to resolve an obvious public issue and complaint and this is where it starts to hurt them in the wallet. This is where heads start to roll and action takes place faster that fast. Have we reached that point yet? Obviously NOT.

I have not had my new used G30SF with the -1- part out to the range but will do so shortly and run a couple of hundred rounds of hardball through it. ONE SINGLE FAILURE is sufficient for me to put it on the market and look elsewhere for the handgun that I am going to depend on in life/death situations and that will reflect on the rest of the Glock line I am afraid (if only in the back of my mind). I have enough worries without having to worry about my Glock going bang when I pull the trigger.

I am also playing with a Kimber Pro Carry II, Sig Compact and HK USP Compact and P239. When I reach 2-300 rounds without any glitches I am going to be thinking Glock 30SF versus XXXXXXXXXXXXX and putting my life on the line. What do you think a well thought-out decision would dictate?

Now throw a G30 and G26 that have never had a problem into the equation into the mix and tell me what the definition of confused might be.

Problem seems to me to be that Glock simply has no experience with a gun that doesn't go bang.

Larry V
09-11-2011, 13:25

Misspelling, I meant to say I own, That being said , i think by changeing out the recoil spring to stainless steel, I had no problems at all

friej
09-14-2011, 21:34
I can't believe you are just gonna give up on Glock like that. You said yourself that you have had SEVEN previous flawless Glocks. So you got a bad one. With any large-scale manufacturing company, flaws happen. Eight weeks is BS, but I don't think it's a reason to totally turn your shoulder on Glock. Why not just try another G30SF (I realize it's too late now)? As long as I've been around Glock Talk (not THAT long, but several months), I've heard more praise for the G30SF than ANY Glock. I had never heard ANYTHING bad about it until this thread. It just seems rash to run away from Glock like that.

Let him go. Who needs him. I'm sure Glock doesn't. He'll have a problem with something else and be a hater of that and on and on and on.

friej
09-14-2011, 21:39
[QUOTE=

ONE SINGLE FAILURE is sufficient for me to put it on the market and look elsewhere for the handgun that I am going to depend on in life/death situations and that will reflect on the rest of the Glock line I am afraid (if only in the back of my mind). I have enough worries without having to worry about my Glock going bang when I pull the trigger.

OMG! Are you for real???

mj9mm
09-14-2011, 21:59
Got more than 500 rounds through my 30sf with one or two ftrtb's in the first mag or two before i completed a trade for it (winchester white box?). the remainder of that outing and since then i've had zero problems. previous owner said he had many problems with the gun, though i was the first person to clean the gun, after my first range trip. for mine it seems to have been a combination of break-in and normal cleaning. perfect since then.

Torontogunguy
09-15-2011, 08:37
Don't know if I have posted this before, but I have a Glock 30 and it works great. Never have had any issue of any sort with it whatsoever.

Just received a Glock 30SF from a LEO who has used it and has never had an issue with it according to him but I will get it to a range at some point and run a few hundred rounds through it to see what I can see. It has the -1- piece in it.

I am astounded that Glock is not all over you getting the issue fixed to be honest as their MAIN claim to fame is reliability and as soon as that reliability reputation dries up their market share will drop... market share not only worth big bucks from the sales, but market share that will take millions of dollars to rebuild as confidence is the most difficult part to rebuild.

I can state for a fact that if this Glock 30SF I have just purchased has issues, it will ergo suggest that ALL of my Glocks, present and in future, may have issues and I will look at Glocks in a different light completely.

Again, I find it difficult to believe that Glock would not be falling over their own feet getting your issue resolved, up to and including a total recall of all G30SF's as a show of interest and good faith to those that place their lives on the line using Glocks.

It seems to me that without the reliability factor, Glock falls from grace and becomes just a plastic gun with few parts and no claim to fame?

I also have a number of other carries including a couple of Sig compacts (1911 compact with rail and Sig C3) and while heavier than the Glock and fussier (more controls to fiddle) they are tight, reliable and dead accurate and I love them to bits but keep coming back to my Glocks due to reliability. Glock accuracy is sufficient and they are easy to work on, etc., but that flies out the window with the first lemon produced.

540mope
09-21-2011, 16:21
I just bought a 30SF today. Upon inspection i saw that it has the -1- trigger bar. Whether or not it has the bar was not the deciding factor. I wanted one to replace the 21SF that i foolishly sold to a coworker.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope it doesn't have any hiccups. If it's anything like my other Glocks, it will operate flawlessly. I'll know by next week.

BTW it is new, and it was test fired in June

DaBurna
09-21-2011, 19:37
I have a G30SF with the "-1-" trigger bar... No FTE, FTR, RTB issues.. Nothing..... Born date Jan '10.... I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.. and it was lightly used when i bought it!

Twoglocks
09-21-2011, 20:34
I had the same problem with my g32. I don't know if your problem has the same cause obviously but here is what I found.

The mags have metal interiors that you can see looking down on them. Slightly in front of that is plastic again where the round pops up. The plastic was interfering with the rise of the round. I trimmed that plastic back with a razor ever so slightly and know it feeds perfertly. Went from 5 or so jams per may to 0.

I was able to even test the results by slowly hand cycling the gun. It would jam constantly prior to the modification. Now I can cycle it at any speed without problem.

Don't know if this will help you but its at least worth a shot. If it cycles fine without the mod I would think tight recoil spring.

Had same problem on my G36 magazine. I trimmed the plastic and filled it up with JB Weld

Atomichoe094
10-09-2011, 14:13
Bumping this thread up to the top... Just bought a glock 30sf and will be getting it wednesday. Ill be coming back to this thread with a range report. I bought this 30sf brand new straight from a dealer. Ill be using the cheap Winchester white box 230grain ammo on wednesday as well. Ill also report if i have the -1- trigger and we will go from there :) Ill also be praying it shoots good haha

540mope
10-09-2011, 18:41
Bumping this thread up to the top... Just bought a glock 30sf and will be getting it wednesday. Ill be coming back to this thread with a range report. I bought this 30sf brand new straight from a dealer. Ill be using the cheap Winchester white box 230grain ammo on wednesday as well. Ill also report if i have the -1- trigger and we will go from there :) Ill also be praying it shoots good haha

I used the exact same ammo on Saturday in the brand new 30 SF for the first time out. no problems to report.

SmokinJoe
10-09-2011, 19:14
Now ya'll have me worried. I will be buying me a new 30/30sf next month.
Hopefully it won't be riddled with issues.

Smokinjoe

Cap'n
10-10-2011, 08:39
I've got a new 30SF -- test fire date of June 2011. It has the -1- trigger bar; front and rear rails are different heights from the polymer frame (rear rails lower).

So far have (only) 156 trouble-free rounds throught it. Surprisingly accurate -- best 5-round group at 10 yards benchrested = 3/4" with only two slightly enlarged holes! Overall my shooting was more often slightly less than 1.5" (rested) with some break-in Independence 230-grain FMJ ammo.

Am looking forward to more range time with this pistol.

Torontogunguy
10-10-2011, 09:48
I've got a new 30SF -- test fire date of June 2011. It has the -1- trigger bar; front and rear rails are different heights from the polymer frame (rear rails lower).

So far have (only) 156 trouble-free rounds throught it. Surprisingly accurate -- best 5-round group at 10 yards benchrested = 3/4" with only two slightly enlarged holes! Overall my shooting was more often slightly less than 1.5" (rested) with some break-in Independence 230-grain FMJ ammo.

Am looking forward to more range time with this pistol.

This is the kind of information that we need on here in order to settle the Glock 30SF as a "bet your life" firearm. My Glock 30 has never had an issue to date with many hundreds of rounds through it using different Glock magazines (a variety of them). My Glock 30SF has arrived and I am trying to decide if it actually fits my hand any better - thus far I am not seeing any difference and my distal joint seems to wind up at the same spot relative to the trigger all the time. I had hoped that the Short Frame version would give me a better grip so that I could drop a magazine without having to change the grip to do so.... ah well, still... hopefully... the most reliable carry on the market.

Like I said in my prior post, that is Glock's claim to fame. Period. Once they scramble that up - they have dragged down a reputation for reliability and service that has taken years and millions of dollars to build up.

Have not fired my G30SF at the range yet; it has the -1- piece in it and I am hoping that it will be trouble free. Purchased from LEO. Hope he didn't sell it because of issues but says not.

PLEASE keep the info coming on the SF's.

Atomichoe094
10-10-2011, 20:39
wednesday wont come soon enough to shoot some targets :)!

Atomichoe094
10-13-2011, 16:07
Got my gun today, have to the -1- trigger, only went through 30 rounds but fired like a beast. Mags are super tight and have them loaded right now with all 10 to set in the spring a little bit. my bag with the 2 rounds in it from Glock say it was collected around 9-27-11

Torontogunguy
10-14-2011, 07:08
I am still working on getting out to the range with my G30SF and can hardly wait but other priorities. Please keep the reports coming; am hoping that they have spotted and resolved the issue with the SF guns. Their reputation and future depend on it.

If I cannot take a Glock out of the box and fire 500 rounds with it without a problem there is no way in hell I am going to put my life on the line with it any more. It becomes just like every other plastic gun on the market as far as I am concerned.

Got a Sig C3 and a Sig 1911 railed and both ran flawlessly from the box .... Glock... if you are listening.... your main claim to fame, which is reliability in the toughest 'life on the line' situations is being marred by this SF debacle.

It would be great not only to find that the issue has been resolved ourselves, but to hear a definitive word from the folks at Glock saying yep, there was an issue... we found it and we have fixed it. Sorry.... and if you happened to get a SF in the serial range of X to Y, please take it to any Glock dealer for on-the-spot replacement and a couple of magazines or a Glock sweatshirt for your trouble.

I can tell you that in the cellular phone industry years ago there was a manufacturer that had a problem with their phones. We opened the shipping door one day to find two skidloads (yes SKIDloads) of phones with a note saying that they approximated the number of phones we were going to have trouble with and sent TWICE that number to cover the returns and to cover our problems, time and expense. Needless to say it was instant redemption for their honesty and for grabbing 'the bull by the horns' and fixing the issue.

x0225095
02-06-2012, 21:35
I am also having the 30sf ftrtb problem. I can not finish a magazine without the round and slide getting jammed up as stated above. Accuracy seems great but, alas, it's only three shots at a time.

I have received a replacement spring compliments of Glock but have not tested it yet. Will pursue a change in model replacement if problem is not resolved.

Thanks for the OP and the posts that followed.

egl1962
02-06-2012, 22:05
i had the same problem with my g30sf too. simple fix, get rid of it. check my post on it. i kind of fixed mine but could never get comfortable with it as a carry gun so i dumped it. there are to many trouble free glocks to choose from, to fool around with that one. stick with a 9 or a 40. preferbly a gen3.

turbostar66
02-07-2012, 11:21
I have a G30SF with the -1- trigger bar and a "born on" date of October 2009.

Several hundred rounds through it with ZERO problems. I've used standard WWB, standard Federal, WWB hollow points and Winchester Supreme Elite hollow points.

Never had a single issue and it is my daily carry pistol.

x0225095
02-29-2012, 20:25
I am also having the 30sf ftrtb problem. I can not finish a magazine without the round and slide getting jammed up as stated above. Accuracy seems great but, alas, it's only three shots at a time.

I have received a replacement spring compliments of Glock but have not tested it yet. Will pursue a change in model replacement if problem is not resolved.

Thanks for the OP and the posts that followed.

Got new recoil spring from GLOCK. Problem has abated but still there. I got 5 FTRTB today in 100 rounds.

vkscott
02-29-2012, 21:01
I must say I've never heard of a single good result coming from the words "Glock" and "RemOil" being used in the same sentence.

What solvent and oil do you use? I just purchased a G30SF and have had no issues with FTF or FTRTB. Just curious as I bought this pistol based on Glock's reputation and how it felt in my mitt.

vkscott
02-29-2012, 21:30
I have a G30SF with the -1- trigger bar and a "born on" date of October 2009..

silly newbie question, "where do I find the Born on date." :embarassed:

Update: I too have the -1- trigger so hopefully I won't have similar issues. I do have another question. I just loaded 4 mags to full capacity (10 rounds each) and although it was a bear to get the 10th round loaded, I did it (the Glock provided loader didn't do it for me, I had to use my Maglula).

I read somewhere in this thread about lower rear rails could be a possible cause for a FTF especially when manually cycling a round? I don't have a micrometer to measure but the rear rails appear to be lower. I was however, able to cycle a round by pulling the slide back and letting it RTB on its own and by slowly letting the slide RTB. There were no issues and it was smooth. BUT, I did notice that on the first round only, the brass had a thin "scrape" mark along the entire length of the case, while the second round did not. Is this the result of a new tight mag spring that will work itself out over time? Also it took a little more effort to fully seat the fully loaded mag. I'm sure this is discussed somewhere on GT, but just figured I'd ask it here.

vkscott
03-02-2012, 09:13
Range Trip # 2 - 3/1/2012

Took a couple coworkers to the range yesterday after work. One was breaking in his Ruger LC9, the other was shooting my wife's Kimber Ultra CDP and our Sig P226. I am happy to report that my G30SF spit out another 180 rounds for me with no issues. My skinny friend wanted to shoot it late in the day. The first 19 of 20 rounds he fired, no issue. His last round failed to RTB, but he wasn't handling the recoil that well. I cleared the weapon and looked at the round, nothing out of the ordinary. I then preceded to feed it another 20 rounds with no issues. So I am chalking this single "issue" up to a weak wrist.

Very happy camper!!:supergrin:

x0225095
03-29-2012, 16:52
Got new recoil spring from GLOCK. Problem has abated but still there. I got 5 FTRTB today in 100 rounds.

Well, after one more call to the service agents in Smyrna and Glock sent me a mailing label. I shipped the pistol and wrote them a nice letter explaining the problem and the process I went through to verify and outline the FTRTB issue. In my case, I requested a replacement pistol of a different model.

Ta-Daaaa!

Today, a shiny new Glock 19 Gen 3 arrived at my doorstep!

Thank you Glock. In my experience, their service was Glock Perfection even if the G30sf wasn't.

Torontogunguy
03-29-2012, 18:00
Took my G30SF to the range the other day and ran 200 rounds of all types through it; I NEED to know that it is not going to cause me grief. Not a single issue in 200 rounds.

Took it back to the range again and ran about 100+ rounds through it. Same deal.

It has the -1- bar on it.

I would be comfy carrying it... but am looking for a G36 now.

Warp
03-29-2012, 18:16
Range Trip # 2 - 3/1/2012

Took a couple coworkers to the range yesterday after work. One was breaking in his Ruger LC9, the other was shooting my wife's Kimber Ultra CDP and our Sig P226. I am happy to report that my G30SF spit out another 180 rounds for me with no issues. My skinny friend wanted to shoot it late in the day. The first 19 of 20 rounds he fired, no issue. His last round failed to RTB, but he wasn't handling the recoil that well. I cleared the weapon and looked at the round, nothing out of the ordinary. I then preceded to feed it another 20 rounds with no issues. So I am chalking this single "issue" up to a weak wrist.

Very happy camper!!:supergrin:

I consider that a failure.

A defensive firearm needs to work...period. If you ever have to use it with your life on the line you may not have a great grip, or be in a position to 'handle the recoil' properly, and that might happen.

I know the feel. I got talked into a 30SF by the apologists. It sucked, and it jammed all the time, even after I sent it back to Glock. I exchanged it for a 21SF and have been happy.

JGonyea13
03-29-2012, 19:30
I bought my 30sf new in March of 2010 it has the 4256-1- trigger bar. Put well over 1000 rounds through it not one problem.

ThinkMud
03-29-2012, 19:37
I have the "-1" trigger bar NNNXXX model number 30sf and it's been flawless too. Sucks you had to go through all this.

at least you got a new gun, but why a 19? did you have a choice?

x0225095
03-29-2012, 21:45
I have the "-1" trigger bar NNNXXX model number 30sf and it's been flawless too. Sucks you had to go through all this.

at least you got a new gun, but why a 19? did you have a choice?

I asked for the g19 (1st) or a g17 (2nd)...Despite my love for the g21sf, I felt snakebit with .45 acp subcompact glocks.

Yes, I had the -1- trigger bar, etc...sadly, while mine was very accurate, I just did not share your reliability experience. Customer service never told me what was wrong with the g30sf I sent in...they just made me whole in the manner I desired.

scosgt
04-06-2012, 21:56
I just bought a new April 2009 G30sf from a dealer. They tried to sell me a "newer" one, but this one has the nice finish on the slide with the shine - same as my G36.
Took it to the range. First two mags, loaded with Wally World Winchester white box JHP, the NINTH round in each mag FTF - NOT the fail to go into battery thing, I already addressed that with the Dremel tool, but like in the picture above, the slide was open about 1" and I could see the round was not captured fully on the extractor.
I then did 100 rounds of Remington Value Pack 230gr JHP (Wally World), flawless. Then two boxes of Federal FMJ, some Fiocci FMJ, all flawless. I had one further 9th round FTF, I think it was either WWB or Federal HST (or questionable origin - the gun did not like this round at all but I got it from someone and it could have been cycled a bunch of times or whatever).
All the while I switched between the G30 slide and the G36 upper. With the G36 upper mounted the gun was absolutely flawless.
SO I think the failures with either mag related or maybe the ammo. I have read that the WallyWorld WBB is a very light load.
My gun has the -1 trigger bar and newer recoil spring. NFG serial.
One of the two factory mags seems to be a problem - it only takes 10 rounds once in a while, and when fully loaded it "bulges" like the old time NML mags - it is tough to insert into the grip.
As far as cycling the slide with a 10 rounder in place, I polished that ridge in the slide that rides over the carts and picks up the next round. Made it much easier to cycle with a 10 round mag slapped in. Do not take any metal off, just polish.

I went to the local WallyWorld and scored 3 value packs of 100 rounds Rem 230gr JHP for $42 each. Back to the range next week to verify that the gun works perfectly with this ammo. That would make me happy!

Anyway, what's up with the 9th round failure? I have read of a couple of other people having the same issue.

mstaffo
05-20-2012, 19:05
I have a G30 also (for 3 years now), not an SF (and a G23, 19, 17, 21). No problems whatsoever. I always upgrade my guide rod/recoil springs with the tungsten part available at Glock Store. In the case of the G30, I ugraded to the Tungsten Competition Recoil Spring w/ Dual Spring. They always function perfectly, and perform a bit better IMHO.

lyodbraun
05-20-2012, 19:11
My G30SF works Great with all sorts of Ammo... Love it ... one of the best Glocks I own...

Warp
05-21-2012, 14:18
The 21SF I had Glock give me in replacement for my bum 30SF continues to work flawlessly. :)

TFLWYO
05-21-2012, 18:54
I got a Glock 30SF made last year then logged onto this forum and read about all the problems. Before I fired it I also bought a KKM barrel with the intention of shooting a lot of lead. I had major issues on the front end with SWCs and JHP handloads in both barrels. (These would fire with no trouble in other .45s.) Basically, I tried too many variables too soon. The springs were very tight, including the recoil spring assembly and the magazine springs. Nine round magazines still won't fit nine, but ten round magazines now accept ten with relative ease.

Notwithstanding my early experience with handloads, it has never malfunctioned with hundreds of 230 gr. Blazer and factory 230 gr. Gold Dots. I can hold the gun with two fingers and a bent elbow and fire it, and it cycles perfectly with those loads in the factory barrel (never tried the KKM that way).

As the magazine springs and recoil springs got worked a bit, including running a few Buffalo Bore +P 255 hard cast through both barrels (with no issues), everything became smooth and reliable with the previously problematic handloads. Yesterday, I put on the KKM barrel (the more finicky barrel of the two) and fired light and heavy loaded SWCs and JHPs that previously wouldn't function reliably, and everything was great except for the lightly loaded JHPs. Some of the cases on those were barely ejecting, some were ejecting out of the left side, and one fed only about half way and stopped on the ramp. That was the only stoppage, and I can't hold that issue against the gun. So, while I can't say it has never failed, it has never failed on the important stuff and I now know the floor below which I can't go on the power level of handloads.

Blackshirts
05-21-2012, 21:01
The test fire date on the G30SF I got about 2 weeks ago is 03/15/12, about a month and a half prior. The sales guy said he never heard anything about new trigger bars when I told him I wanted to make sure it had the -1-. I have only been able to get out once and put 50 rounds of Winchester 230 grain FMJ through it. They were flawless though. And with the Glock mag loader the mags fit the 10th round easily.

bk1951
05-29-2012, 14:32
what does FTRTB/FTF stand for,im new to all this. TY.......

luisbet1032
05-29-2012, 17:23
fail to return to battery and fail to feed issue.

bcj128
05-29-2012, 17:35
If it hasn't been said, check the cruciform on your trigger bar. Number on it should be 4256-1-

http://img.tapatalk.com/a693581d-5d29-90f0.jpg

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Warp
05-29-2012, 19:47
The test fire date on the G30SF I got about 2 weeks ago is 03/15/12, about a month and a half prior. The sales guy said he never heard anything about new trigger bars when I told him I wanted to make sure it had the -1-. I have only been able to get out once and put 50 rounds of Winchester 230 grain FMJ through it. They were flawless though. And with the Glock mag loader the mags fit the 10th round easily.

FTRTB = failure to return to battery.

FTF = either failure to fire or failure to feed

FTE = either failure to extract or failure to extract

captaintrips
10-07-2012, 15:46
Hey guys. I have a 29sf with a test fire date of July 2012. I have had the same issue that the 30sf has had. Fifty rounds today with 4 FTRTB that caused 4 FTF.....

When I first got the 29sf I noticed that it had FTRTB when manually racking the slide. I called Glock and the guy said if it happens while firing he would send me a new RSA.

Does anyone think that will help? Should I insist they do more when I call them in the morning?

My trigger bar # is "-1" not "-1-", should the 29sf have the extra "-" ??

thanks

PrecisionRifleman
10-07-2012, 20:12
I had FTRB problems with a G30SF, and after 1000k rounds the slide developed a hair line crack in front of the locking block. I bought a G23 Gen 4 as a replacement for ccw, and Glock replaced my 30SF with a 20SF. I wish that the 30SF wouldn't had problems because other than that it was sweet pistol. Now I just need to sort out the gen 4 G23's BTF issue.

BTW my G30SF had the "-1-" trigger bar with I bought it new.

Torontogunguy
10-07-2012, 22:26
First and foremost I own and carry Glocks for one reason and one reason only. When I pull the trigger they go bang every time. It is as simple as that.

If my Glock 30SF or my incoming Glock 36 are going to have a problem I want to know about it! I believe from the bottom of my heart that Glock needs to step up to the plate and make a corporate statement about this issue or non-issue and they need to do it now.

I have a number of other handguns that are wonderful for concealed carry including HK, Sig and Kimber. For the most part they all go bang when I pull the trigger and they each have added features over and above the Glock which include a higher level of ND and AD safety due to thumb safety, grip safety, etc. They are more accurate and so on. Lots of reasons to sit and compare them to my carry Glocks excepting that Glocks ALWAYS goes bang and never jam. Simple as that.

If the case is that my Glock 30 SF and/or GLock 36 or any other Glocks are having issues and Glock is simply burying their heads in the sand and ignoring the issue or non-issue, Glock has lost me and 99% of the rest of the LEO communities, etc., and justifiably so.

So, c'mon Glock. Enough BS! Step up to the plate and issue a definitive statement based on quality empirical data. A corporate statement that you are standing behind your firearms.

Before someone finds out the hard way and gets killed in a confrontation. And BTW, that being the case, and having read all of these threads, IMHO those at the top should be held liable to the max in both criminal and civil proceedings. Glock should be erased from the market for such callous, uncaring and unthinking action (or non-action).

Enough of this suspense. I carry Glock for the peace of mind that it affords me and while I have never had my Glock 30 fail me, I have yet to fire enough ammo through my new Glock 30SF (with the -1- gizmo) nor on my inbound G36. As such, I put myself in harm's way with the sniggling feeling in the back of my mind that "I wonder if this tool is going to fail me at the most inopportune time" and cost me my life and my family their breadwinner.

Stand up and be counted Glock! It is time.

ETNSHOOTER
10-08-2012, 00:58
Well, I just got a brand new G30sf yesterday. TGG*** Date in the box said 6-12-12.
I read this tread AFTER I laid this gun away. It has worried me to death. LOL. So, I get the 30sf home today and take it apart. Slide rails are way lower in the rear than the front. About .025 lower. The trigger bar is the -1 NOT the -1- and it didn't really want to RTB just racking the slide with no mag inserted. I thought "I've just gave $600 for a POS!!!!" BUT, I cleaned it ,lubed it like the manual recommends and took it out and put 100 rounds through it. Ran Like a champ, just like my 26. It even seemed to "smooth up" so to speak just after 100 rounds and manually racking the slide RTB with ease. I know what that is anyway. It's where the slide closes up to the crook in the trigger bar and rubs on it because there is a spot there where it is hitting just like others have posted . Even tho the gun ran 100% in its first 100 rounds I feel that this gun (unlike my 26) needs a break in period. I know I'll get a bunch of eyes rolling on here for saying this but I've always felt like the 9mm size Glocks were slightly better than the big Glocks anyway. Lets face it ,the Glock pistol design" IS" a 9mm and the 45 and 10mm is a scaled up design of that .
Even the mags are ,too me , are an issue. I had a friend that had a G21 and you could never load the mags to capacity. If you loaded the chamber and put a 13 round full mag in it it would be pressing on the slide so hard it would jam EVERY TIME!!!! Making it a 1 round gun. Plus , it was so hard to get 13 loaded it wasn't worth fooling with it, so you just load down 1 round and all that problem goes way. Heck, even Hicok45 has stated many times that he loads for the 45 glocks "1 round down" .

Anyway , I'm happy so far with my 30sf. Tickled like a boy with a new toy actually. Might be too early to tell but I love it so far. There can be problems with all products. I've bought some defective guns before, Ruger p90 when they first came out. jamomatic let me tell ya!! I know how it is to drop hard earned money on somthing that doesn't work. Just hope everyone gets there issues worked out with these guns or gets a good deal trading them off. Anyway, good luck everybody.

voyager4520
10-08-2012, 04:12
My trigger bar # is "-1" not "-1-", should the 29sf have the extra "-" ??
Last I heard "-1-" is the most up-to-date for the G29,G30, SF, and Gen4 versions of both. I've heard that there's a "-2" now but I haven't seen one and Glock doesn't release a parts list that includes "armorer only" parts to the public anymore.