My JHP + Springfield RO experience [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My JHP + Springfield RO experience

Big_Grumpy
06-12-2011, 18:53
I just got back from the range after feeding my RO an exclusive diet of 230gr JHP's from Georgia Arms. I had 3 nosedive into the ramp trying to chamber the first round, out of about 100. It might have been mag related. I didn't single out the mag. :embarassed: But once the first round was chambered, it never had an issue cycling.

I love this gun, though. I'm way more accurate with this thing than I am with my beloved M&P, however my M&P fed these JHP's just fine all day. :supergrin:

Anyway, just thought I'd pass on some firsthand info. I'll try and pick up a couple of new mags and keep pluggin' with it. It was a beautiful day around here for range trip, and my girlie friend and I had a lot of fun. :cool:

Hokie1911
06-12-2011, 18:56
Using the factory mags?

Big_Grumpy
06-12-2011, 18:57
Yessir.

Ruggles
06-12-2011, 19:02
Congrats on the 1911 :) If it does not sort itself out you can contact Springfield, try a new mag as you stated or just stick with FMJs :)

Went to a gun show today, sold two revolvers and left with no new gun :(

Did not see any Ruger 1911s, Desert Eagle 1911s or any Range Officers at all. Had I seen any of these I would have purchased them most likely.

Kimbers were somewhat plentiful along with a number of Colts. Springfield were present with a couple of GIs & Mil Specs and 1 Loaded. Two Les Baers and a bunch of RIAs and ATIs.

A absolute crap load of XD and XDMs and a boatload of Glocks :)

Almost got a RIA in .38 Super for $399 but decided to wait. All I got was a magazine for a Sig 238 and 50 rounds of .380 JHPs :(

MN-glock27
06-12-2011, 19:07
Interesting, Friday I put a box(50) of 200gr Gold Dots through my RO without a hiccup, was only using the factory mags too.

Big_Grumpy
06-12-2011, 19:17
Yeah, I've never had an issue with the 50 or so FMJ's I ran through it. I'm trying these JHP's hoping to find a "1 size fits all", cost effective, SD/HD, range round for my .45's that I can buy in bulk.

Trying to K.I.S.S.

The marketplace does seem to be pretty tight on the popular production 1911's right now. Ruger is probably struggling to keep up with demand, Springers are scarce, I've never seen a DE here locally, either.

Yeah, plastic is quite abundant, though! :supergrin:

RI's seem like a great value. They're around here, but I haven't handled one yet.

glock2740
06-12-2011, 19:23
Cool deal.

aeroengr
06-12-2011, 22:59
Congrats on the 1911 :) If it does not sort itself out you can contact Springfield, try a new mag as you stated or just stick with FMJs :)

Went to a gun show today, sold two revolvers and left with no new gun :(

Did not see any Ruger 1911s, Desert Eagle 1911s or any Range Officers at all. Had I seen any of these I would have purchased them most likely.

Kimbers were somewhat plentiful along with a number of Colts. Springfield were present with a couple of GIs & Mil Specs and 1 Loaded. Two Les Baers and a bunch of RIAs and ATIs.

A absolute crap load of XD and XDMs and a boatload of Glocks :)

Almost got a RIA in .38 Super for $399 but decided to wait. All I got was a magazine for a Sig 238 and 50 rounds of .380 JHPs :(

I see you are in Texas, if I may ask, which gun show did you attend? Didn't happen to be DACA at market hall did it?

Ruggles
06-13-2011, 05:50
I see you are in Texas, if I may ask, which gun show did you attend? Didn't happen to be DACA at market hall did it?

It was the Pasadena, Texas convention center :wavey:

okie
06-13-2011, 11:46
I do hope it was a mag issue my friend:nailbiting:

aeroengr
06-13-2011, 16:04
It was the Pasadena, Texas convention center :wavey:

Ahh, Houston area. I was fixing to say I was at the one in Dallas this last weekend, and while their supply was limited, they had Desert Eagles and Range Officers there the first day of the show. That's where I picked up my Range Officer :)