These mags interesting........ [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : These mags interesting........

Airborne Infantryman
06-12-2011, 19:52
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=314079

They have a steel molded in feed-lip.....they look interesting....might pick up one or two to test out.

From all I've heard, Lancer makes solid mags.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_sqK3qmbVM&feature=channel_video_title

Fenris Wolf
06-12-2011, 20:15
I have a couple of the Lancer mags. They have been excellent so far.

Rebel_James
06-12-2011, 20:27
They may be fine, but Pmags are my choice:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Pmag+torture+test&aq=f

Airborne Infantryman
06-12-2011, 20:28
They may be fine, but Pmags are my choice:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Pmag+torture+test&aq=f

I agree with you 100%, but competition is always good. I might buy one or two of these new Lancer mags just to change it up a bit.

I've found nothing yet, that can replace the P-Mag.

WayaX
06-12-2011, 20:41
I have quite a few of the older Lancer L5s. They've never given me a problem, but you do need to keep them away from deet. I actually prefer them over pmags (not that pmags are bad by any stretch). The new ones are supposed to be deet resistant. I will eventually get around to getting some.

TSAX
06-12-2011, 20:56
This is some serious durability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdesKUSUchA&NR=1

:50cal:

TknoGeek
06-12-2011, 21:06
...might pick up one or two to test out.I did just that recently picking up sevral L5AWM mags. I have a bunch of PMags, too, but I think my next several mags will be Lancers. I like the ability to see exactly how many rounds ate loaded. Sure, the MagLevel PMags give an indication, but it's more approximation than accurate count.

One really can't go wrong with either of these.

Airborne Infantryman
06-12-2011, 21:23
I did just that recently picking up sevral L5AWM mags. I have a bunch of PMags, too, but I think my next several mags will be Lancers. I like the ability to see exactly how many rounds ate loaded. Sure, the MagLevel PMags give an indication, but it's more approximation than accurate count.

One really can't go wrong with either of these.

Please give us a small review on build quality and fit and finish when you get them. :wavey:

lawman800
06-12-2011, 22:21
I have both the original Lancer and the new Lancer with the metal feed lips as well as a whole bunch of Pmags and GI mags. I saw the new Troy battlemags at ****** and they are a bit more streamlined in size and look interesting. At $12, I am going to pick up a few just to test them out.

TknoGeek
06-13-2011, 04:41
Please give us a small review on build quality and fit and finish when you get them. :wavey:I got them last week and took them to the range this past weekend where they easily fit the mag well of my Rock River Arms LAR-15. They are rather stiff when seating a full mag on a closed bolt, but that's not usually an issue for me.

I didn't give them a torture test, but I did give a couple a stiff torque test (twisting them a bit) to see if I heard any squeaks or saw any movement. I saw none and heard nothing. Pretty solid build. I like the wraparound steel lips better than the old L5A design. It seems much less likely that a drop will knock the lips loose from the mag.

They seem to fit into my MOLLE mag holders a bit more easily than my PMags (even with the PMag dust cover removed). That could be perception since they have to have similar exterior dimensions, but nonetheless, I could get two Lancers in my holders more easily than I could get two PMags. YMMV. I like the textured grip area, too.

As for function, they fed the 90 rounds I tried without issue and dropped free when I pressed the release. I don't ask much more from a mag.

I like the ability to see the round count accurately and they seem to be as durable as my PMags. Time will tell, of course. Meanwhile, I'm not looking to sell my stock of PMags, but I'll be getting more Lancers.

--
Edit: BTW, I found a 10-pack of AWMs for $165 shipped at GandRTactical.com. That's competitive with MagLevels.

boomhower
06-13-2011, 09:31
No way I am paying more than a PMAG costs for anything. I did order a Troy to try out since it's about the same price. PMAG's are proven, I am not spending more to experiment.

lawman800
06-13-2011, 19:40
I think I can afford the extra $2.95 to play with a Troy mag just for S&G.

KalashniKEV
06-20-2011, 11:23
I still like USGI the best, but the Lancers go in and out of the mag well a little smoother than P-Mags for me. I've always wanted to try an E-Mag...

lawman800
06-20-2011, 19:22
3 for 36 at ******. I'm picking up a 3 pack this weekend.

ftw13
06-21-2011, 02:43
i like that there are more polymer mags entering the market,i can't wait to try some troys and tangodowns. i want to get some of the new lancers i have the old l5s and they are top notch.

surf
06-21-2011, 02:57
I haven't given up on polymer mags, still have a ton of PMAGS and I am open to testing new stuff, but about a year ago I went back to Colt USGI mags w / Magpul followers and ranger plates. Definitely not anything cheaper (except I get the USGI mags free) but I like the way they drop from the magwell in all my weapons and the way they pull or reinsert into pouches is much smoother.