CA Lawmakers now Exempt from Concealed Carry Laws? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CA Lawmakers now Exempt from Concealed Carry Laws?

ChiefWPD
06-13-2011, 12:36
Not sure how valid this story is. States, among other things, that the CA Senate voted themselves exempt from concealed weapons laws.

"The California state Senate voted 28-8 Wednesday to exempt itself from the pointless gun-control laws that apply to the rest of the populace. Legislators apparently think they alone are worthy to pack heat on the streets for personal protection, and the masses ought to wait until the police arrive."

Full article is here:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jun/6/one-law-for-us-another-for-you/

cowboywannabe
06-13-2011, 12:55
the wash times is about the only piece of truth left in d.c.

mrsurfboard
06-13-2011, 13:11
Wouldn't surprise me. The liberal elite has always been of the opinion that they are somehow better then everyone else and don't have to abide by the same rules they impose upon their subjects.

Maine1
06-13-2011, 17:37
"those laws are for you people"

rhone89
06-13-2011, 17:38
sickening. For the life of me I cannot see how the residents of California tolerate this garbage year in and year out and arent rioting in the streets over this.

FL Airedale
06-13-2011, 18:41
When the city of Morton Grove, Illinois passed their infamous handgun ban back in 1981, the city council exempted themselves and the mayor. Later, it was discovered that the mayor's wife bought a handgun AFTER that ban was passed. Of course, she wasn't prosecuted because she had friends in high places.

This crap has been going on longer than any of this forum's members have been alive.

IndyGunFreak
06-13-2011, 20:49
sickening. For the life of me I cannot see how the residents of California tolerate this garbage year in and year out and arent rioting in the streets over this.

Because honestly, Gun Owners/Conservatives, are in a serious minority there. The whackos that are "Liberal Gun Owners"... vote for these clowns regardless of how bad their positions on guns are (which is almost as dangerous as voting for someone simply because they are pro-gun...)

IGF

Scott3670
06-13-2011, 23:25
I am so glad that I moved far away from that dumb***** state. I now reside in a state where OC is no big deal, CCW permits don't even have a serial number, and there is almost no home-invasion robberies, muggings, street crimes, or general issues. All because citizens are allowed their right to keep and bear arms. Kiss my ***** California.

lesmith
06-14-2011, 01:20
Kiss my ***** California.

***** 5 letters? I'm scratching my head, most words I use have 4 letters.:embarassed:

LoadToadBoss
06-14-2011, 05:49
The act does create a class of citizens with more rights than others. Perhaps someone should make a 14th Amendment challenge.

cowboywannabe
06-14-2011, 07:48
gun control has never been about guns, its always been about control.

ICARRY2
06-29-2011, 19:00
Did the CA lawmakers make it so that the sheriff has to give them a permit or can they just carry concealed because they are lawmakers without a permit?

michael e
06-29-2011, 19:03
That doesnt suprise me, its ok for us but not you mentality. This is one reason I will never go to cali .

michpatriot
06-29-2011, 19:11
***** 5 letters? I'm scratching my head, most words I use have 4 letters.:embarassed: Scratch a little lower, five letters ...two in a sack

IndyGunFreak
06-29-2011, 21:10
Scratch a little lower, five letters ...two in a sack

:rofl:

I just read that, and immediately figured thats what you meat.. ;)

RRTX11
06-29-2011, 21:28
Texas lawmakers recently passed a bill that allows ALL elected officials in Texas to carry concealed to include many areas that liscensed conceal carry residents are not allowed to carry to include sporting events, churches, hospitals, among other places. This includes ALL elected officials, past and present.......I wrote my state senator and his reasoning was THAT THEY HAVE A DANGEROUS JOB! So don't think it is the liberal elite states alone that the politicians think they are more important than the populace.

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-legislature/82nd-legislative-session/senate-oks-concealed-carry-for-lawmakers/

Deaf Smith
06-29-2011, 21:29
Laws are for the little people. California, with their budget near 200 billion, is broke but go and see just what their salaries are. You would be shocked.

And this is doubly true in Congress.

You guys do know Congress routinely exempts themselves and their staffs from most of the laws? Everything from retirement to Obamacare to tax laws.

And don't forget Timothy 'turbotax' Geithner runs the treasury while Barney 'bedfellow' Frank oversees banking laws.

Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics:

*29 have been accused of spousal abuse
*7 have been arrested for fraud
*19 have been accused of writing bad checks
*117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
*3 have done time for assault
*71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
*14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
*8 have been arrested for shoplifting
*21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
*84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year Can you guess which organization this is?

And I'm not even getting to the Weiner jokes.

And keep in mind just about all of them are MILLIONAIRES and like Pelosi their net worth has gone up far more during this recession/depression than the national average (Pelosi's $$ went up 63 percent in net worth.)

Well like Greece sooner or later the money will run out and that makes me wonder how much they have stashed in Swiss banks,

Deaf

DOrth
06-30-2011, 00:00
Doesn't surprise me at all, just like the USC imposing Obamacare on us while leaving themselves (and their immediate families) exempt.

NC Bullseye
06-30-2011, 00:16
:rofl:

I just read that, and immediately figured thats what you meat.. ;)

Freud would be twisting in bliss over that slip. :supergrin:

as400guy1
06-30-2011, 00:42
That's OK. Chicago Aldermen can carry, in a state where no one else can.

A few years ago, we had one (an old crazy lady) waving one all around while city council was in session. Just wish it would have gone off.

VinnieD
06-30-2011, 15:57
But haven't you heard? "All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others." Surely Napoleon knows what's best for us.