Rem owners.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rem owners..

Z71
06-13-2011, 12:44
Remington 1911 R1 owners..check your rear sight set screws..probably better check the front sight screw too.

I've read of the rear sights working loose on the Rem's..and have been keeping an eye on mine...All has been fine until yesterday...I wiped the gun down yesterday evening after firing a 150 rounds..and the rear sight screw had loosened up.

No big deal...I just put the sight back where it needed to be..and tightened the screw...but I've had experience with rear sights flying clean off other handguns with set-screw retained sights...not a good thing.

PlasticGuy
06-13-2011, 14:22
This is a good thing to check regularly on any gun. It happens. My sights are still rock solid on my R1, but thanks for a good reminder.

bac1023
06-13-2011, 19:51
Mine are tight.

Quack
06-13-2011, 20:48
Rock solid sights on mine and I've had it since the first ones showed up at the shop.

Z71
06-13-2011, 21:45
The rear sight on mine has been 'rock solid'..and I had figured out which size Allen wrench fits the sight screws and checked for tight..appeared tight just a couple weeks back.

Was loose enough I could slide the blade around by hand easily. I guess really not a bad feature..if it will stay put without having to loc-tite the blade in place.