Sig P250 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sig P250

Hubadub
06-13-2011, 15:06
Hello all,I`m giving a long hard look at the P250 compact in .45acp and I would love some input from those with experience.How does this gun hold up,perform and is it reliable?How does it compare with say,a Glock 36? There is a gun show I will be attending this weekend and I might buy one if I can get some feedback.Thanks to you all.

ImpeachObama
06-14-2011, 18:34
I have three Sigs plus a rifle, but can't help you with that one. The platform is different than their others. Earlier on I was tempted, but went with a G19 at the time. I would feel the grip and dry fire it and let that be your determining factor. I'll probably own one of that series one day. If your looking for a compact type in 45, that is a bunch of kick.

wrenrj1
06-14-2011, 18:39
I've got a Sig P-250 in 9mm. It's the model in ACU digital. I don't like the trigger as it's a single action pull every time. If you're used to Glocks IMHO you won't like it.

ImpeachObama
06-14-2011, 20:18
I did a 3.5lb trigger on my Glock and love it. Remove the slop also.

backbore
06-15-2011, 10:31
My input is going to be kinda useless but since the response to your question is kinda light I figured, wtf. I handled a 250/9mm compact and liked it...a lot. Nice size grip and I like the dao trigger. It's long but smooth and "light" like the trigger on a good S&W revolver. I put light in quotes because that feeling is relative to what you're used to. I've handled the G36 and wasn't crazy about how it felt in my hand. So much so that even though I was at a range when I handled it I didn't even bother renting it. I own a single stack .45 and a couple single stack 9mm's so I'm used to that narrow feel. The G36 just didn't feel comfortable to me. I remember thinking that once my hand starts to sweat this thing will move around on me (one of the reasons I don't own a Glock is because when my hand gets even a little sweaty they (glocks) feel greasy in my hand). The 250 polymer grip surface feels substantial and the width of the grip nice. Haven't been able to shoot one yet, just dry fire.
Let us know what you decide.