Kydex holster [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kydex holster

JGguns
06-13-2011, 17:08
I am gonna be shooting a course with my loaded springer and I need to pick up a holster. I am not a fan of leather that's why I am wanting kydex. It needs to have atleast one level of retention. I am leaning towards safariland with ALS. Anyone else using kydex?

Honor Bound
06-13-2011, 17:16
Inside waist band or out? Either way, I strongly recommend a Comp-tac.

Great products. Great service.

http://www.comp-tac.com/index.php

Hokie1911
06-13-2011, 17:18
CBST is really comfy. Also check out Raven.

GJ1981
06-13-2011, 17:32
I like Comp-tac paddles for range use and the MTAC for CCW.

Raven is nice and flat, but they ride VERY high, too much for me.

outcast1911
06-13-2011, 17:34
I like my sidearmor modular. Doesn't conceal very well.

Hokie1911
06-13-2011, 17:46
I like Comp-tac paddles for range use and the MTAC for CCW.

Raven is nice and flat, but they ride VERY high, too much for me.

Never heard anything but good stuff about Ravens. Aren't they adjustable for ride height and cant?

GJ1981
06-13-2011, 17:56
Never heard anything but good stuff about Ravens. Aren't they adjustable for ride height and cant?

Don't get me wrong, they are nice holsters, though I don't think they are worth the wait. I have one for my M&P, it is very flat and surprisingly comfortable when used for IWB. The problem is it rides WAY too high, it's about halfway to my armpit. I have it set for the lowest setting too. I have very long arms and shoulder mobility issues that don't help matters either.

polizei1
06-13-2011, 18:17
I love my CBSTD. Very comfortable and great retention. Plus, you can adjust the height/cant as well.

knedrgr
06-13-2011, 20:57
I also have a Raven for my M&P9. And it does ride slightly higher than I would like. However, it's one of the flattest OWB holster that I'd worn. And does conceal nicely. Quality is awesome.

jstephens202
06-14-2011, 01:40
For IWB, I have had fantastic service from a Blade-Tech "Nano" holster. Not break the bank expensive and comfortable(as ccw can be). In fact, it's the only IWB holster I use for off-duty and I use it just about everyday.
Belt holster wise, I have found the Blackhawk Serpa does the best for me. I use one on duty on my exposed duty belt and plain clothes duty too.
Try those, I think you'll like them.....:thumbsup:

JGguns
06-14-2011, 05:41
Thanks for the Input fella's. Much appreciated

Honor Bound
06-14-2011, 05:55
Ah, just re-read the OP. Now I'm tracking. The BLACKHAWK Serpa is a excellent OWB holster. Your gun will be very secure. Like any retention system, it will slow down your draw just a bit. It also doesn't conceal very well.

I saw the Safariland on display at the shop. The release and draw felt a little weird, but I know they make solid duty products. It would probably work out OK after some training with it.

HB

tango44
06-14-2011, 10:39
I know I'm going to get flamed but I use a Fobus paddle C21.

Dave T
06-14-2011, 11:56
I like my sidearmor modular. Doesn't conceal very well.

I just got one of these for the two Dan Wessons I've acquired recently. Their front cocking serrations make getting them out of any of the leather holsters I have nearly impossible. This Kydex model retains them securely and releases them with a slight tug during presentation.

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/desertarcher/Holsters/IMG_0671.jpg

I've owned Sidearmors before but they had moulded in belt loops. This newer model allows almost infinite adjustment by loosening 3 screws, yet when locked in position is solid on the belt and during the draw.

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/desertarcher/Holsters/IMG_0674.jpg
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/desertarcher/Holsters/IMG_0672.jpg

I'm pleased and impressed with this new Kydex holster.

Dave

knedrgr
06-14-2011, 12:11
Nice looking holster. I like that sidearmor.

JGguns
06-14-2011, 14:10
I got a great deal on a safariland 6280 from another member. I'll uPdate once I get it.

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
06-14-2011, 14:34
For IWB, I have had fantastic service from a Blade-Tech "Nano" holster. Not break the bank expensive and comfortable(as ccw can be). In fact, it's the only IWB holster I use for off-duty and I use it just about everyday.

I had a NANO for a USP compact 45. Itw as a ncie holster. But now I have a few Comptac holsters, and I like them better. The Comptac Pro Undercover has been replaced with the Comptac Infidel. Great holster :supergrin:

I carry my Beretta 92 and Beretta M9A1 in one.

up1911fan
06-14-2011, 14:53
Ah, just re-read the OP. Now I'm tracking. The BLACKHAWK Serpa is a excellent OWB holster. Your gun will be very secure. Like any retention system, it will slow down your draw just a bit. It also doesn't conceal very well.

I saw the Safariland on display at the shop. The release and draw felt a little weird, but I know they make solid duty products. It would probably work out OK after some training with it.

HB

I would advise against the SERPA, not only doe's it not conceal well, several of the top shooting schools/trainers won't even allow it in there classes anymore, too many problems. Blade -Tech and Comp Tac make good paddles, Fury Carry Solutions makes a great alternative to the RCS.

Cobra64
06-14-2011, 19:01
Comp-Tac OWB is the most popular holster used in IDPA and among most students.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Weapons/Sig%20Sauer%20Guns/Marks%20Sigs/P229/P229RIG1.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Weapons/Sig%20Sauer%20Guns/Marks%20Sigs/P229/P229RIG2.jpg

Cobra64
06-14-2011, 19:06
I would advise against the SERPA, not only doe's it not conceal well, several of the top shooting schools/trainers won't even allow it in there classes anymore, too many problems. Blade -Tech and Comp Tac make good paddles, Fury Carry Solutions makes a great alternative to the RCS.

:agree:

I know for a fact that one well known school will not allow students to use the SERPA.

As for paddles, what's the point?

rsxr22
06-14-2011, 20:48
Raven, Comp-Tac, Blade-tech, etc all make good holsters. My favorite is the Garrett Industries Silent Thunder for sure!

Honor Bound
06-15-2011, 07:48

I'm tracking that the SERPA isn't the best choice. I got rid of mine a long time ago. But the OP is looking for something in Kydex with at least one level of retention. He already mentioned the Safariland ALS. Other than the Serpa, what else is there?

HB

ProactiveShooters
06-15-2011, 08:02
Rocketman holsterworks - carried my G23 in an IWB from them for years. Best holster I ever used.

okie
06-15-2011, 08:03
Inside waist band or out? Either way, I strongly recommend a Comp-tac.

Great products. Great service.

http://www.comp-tac.com/index.php

This:thumbsup: