Anybody use the XS standard dot system [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use the XS standard dot system

Hokiegrass
06-13-2011, 22:02
Im looking to outfit a few of my pistols with defensive/night sights. I have two pistols with the standard Glock three dot NS, but m trying to become more proficient with both eyes open shooting, and the three dot sights mess with me on that. Looking at big dot/standard dot, or Warren plain back/tritium front for my g33 and possibly a g19. I like the idea of the big dot, but that thing is huge. It looks like the standard dot should function the same. Thanks

MrVvrroomm
06-14-2011, 05:49
I have had Glocks with the XS Big Dots, and yes, they are huge. I have a set of XS standard dots on a 19, they are still truly a defensive sight system. Pretty much point/shoot.

I am a huge fan of the Warren Tectical/Sevigny sight system. I use the Warrens with fiber optic on all my competition Glocks. I've not tried any of their night sights.

Hokiegrass
06-14-2011, 05:57
I have had Glocks with the XS Big Dots, and yes, they are huge. I have a set of XS standard dots on a 19, they are still truly a defensive sight system. Pretty much point/shoot.

I am a huge fan of the Warren Tectical/Sevigny sight system. I use the Warrens with fiber optic on all my competition Glocks. I've not tried any of their night sights.

Thanks for the info. FYI, I have tentative plans to pick up the rtf2 19 from my FFL on wed afternoon. Thanks.

Seawolf
06-14-2011, 06:35
I used the big dot setup on my G30 and I found them to be an issue at ranges over 10 yards. I would defiantly not use them for competition where ranges can reach up to 25 yards. For a pocket pistol or revolver I think they are great, but I switched my sights all out to 10-8 rear with a trij front. The nice wide "U" shape rear notch with a thin front post really works well for me.
Heinie sights are nice too

Texcowboy
06-14-2011, 06:40
I have the XS Standard Dot on my G21 which I acquired so equipped in a trade. Takes a little getting used to but I like them and have no problem at the range. They are quick to put on target in low light also.

up1911fan
06-14-2011, 11:12
Big Dots on my G26 and really like them for a smaller gun.

SamRudolph
06-14-2011, 12:01
I think the standard dot is way better. The big dot is extremely fast and has good enough dummy accuracy, but the standard dot has the capability for much better accuracy without losing any perceptible speed. I have the big dot on my M&P9c, and the standard dot on my .38 LCR.

I think the best would be standard dot front sight and a wide, U-notch, black 10-8 rear sight.

The only spot where the big dot would be better would be if your vision is very poor.

SCSU74
06-14-2011, 12:07
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1347325

Hokiegrass
06-14-2011, 13:32
Thanks for the help.

I just impulse bought a bunch of of Ameriglo I-dot pro sights because I found a good price. Gotten mostly good reviews from most of my research. Will see how they work out.

maestro pistolero
06-14-2011, 14:57
There was a big old thread on this just a couple of weeks ago. Search is your friend.
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1347325&highlight=sights

palladen1331
06-22-2011, 19:29
I use big dot sights on six guns,3 glocks and 3 1911 autos. just point and shoot but do it quick cause in salfe defence you dont have time to aim i just shoot for a 8 inch circle thats good for a head shot