Lesson Learned [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lesson Learned

cadillacguns
06-14-2011, 03:38
Took the annual pilgramage from Fishers IN to Kalkaska MI (435 miles) last week on vacation, I knew my LTCH was good and reciprical, so wasn't worried as I crossed the border and folowed Michigan law. Well a few rifles and guns in the trunk, I was wanting to carry my Glock-27, as I drove for the required rest area and food and gas stop along the way.

I decided to try my old De Santis fanny pack (don't laugh) fanny packs say "GUN" when worn, and are out of style nowadays, but what the hey, while on your side in the car nothing sticks in tour ribs, is out of place and action in the SOB position or ankle position I usualy used.

Long story short, I thought it was neat and working well till I got to the border and decided to top off my tank at a truck stop with cheaper priced gas.

I exited my vehicle, at the pump and noticed the velcroed flap on the outside seam of the de Santis had sprung open, and while the G-27 .40 was holstered and 75% secure it was sticking out holstered muzzle end for all the world to see. Again the weapon wasn't comming out and the Glocks muzzle not visible since it was secured inside the nylon holster secured inside the fanny pack. But.........if I had not noticed it, I would have announced to the whole truck stop I was carrying. (as if they didn't put two and two together after taking one look at tourist with fanny pack on)?!?

Anyway, neat idea, or so I thought, back to ankle carry with the De Santis Apache for next year.

IndyGunFreak
06-14-2011, 07:16
I don't care for the Desantis pack....

Tommys Gun Pack is a very nice pack. I'm looking to get me a Sidekick one of these days... (but what I have works, so I don't feel like it just yet)

IGF

Louisville Glocker
06-15-2011, 20:26
Never owned a fanny pack. Probably never will. Gun or no gun...

IWB for me, all the way. I may warm up to OWB someday - time will tell.

G17gen3
08-19-2011, 22:11
Been thinking of getting one of those Tommy's gun pack for bike riding. Specifically the Sidekick or Low-Pro.

NEOH212
08-20-2011, 03:46
I don't care for the Desantis pack....

Tommys Gun Pack is a very nice pack. I'm looking to get me a Sidekick one of these days... (but what I have works, so I don't feel like it just yet)

IGF

Although I'm a big fan of Desantis holsters and although I'm wearing one right now, I have to agree on the Deasntis pack. I don't like it either along with any fanny pack carry. I just don't see the point of carrying in a fanny pack when I can carry my gun in a good belt holster that I can conceal well and draw from much faster.