Cool AR video...... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cool AR video......

Airborne Infantryman
06-14-2011, 05:37
Shows lots of tactics in motion, and seems these guys got some good training. Looks similar to some of the stuff we do at work when practicing Battle Drill 6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcT1mw0i4fE&feature=channel_video_title

JASV.17
06-14-2011, 06:34
I like that video, I watch it often. I think I saw somewhere that a number of them are mil.

M&P15T
06-14-2011, 07:19
But that looks like great fun. I am very interested in attending a class like that, and doing some shooting and moving, learning and practicing, as if I was 20 years younger and in the Military.

Shooting with other people that enjoy the same type of stuff would be awesome too.

Mall Ninja am I, and proud.:rofl:

Airborne Infantryman
06-14-2011, 07:28
But that looks like great fun. I am very interested in attending a class like that, and doing some shooting and moving, learning and practicing, as if I was 20 years younger and in the Military.

Shooting with other people that enjoy the same type of stuff would be awesome too.

Mall Ninja am I, and proud.:rofl:

There's nothing "Mall Ninja" about that. Its guys learning to shoot, move, and communicate.

Only difference between me doing and them doing it, is my rifle at work has a select-fire trigger group, and I wear ACUs and body armor while doing it.

More people need to do shooting like this; its as I said in another thread-

If SHTF, being able to shoot a 1 inch group at 100 meters, under controlled conditions doesn't mean a damn thing if you can't effectively shoot, move and communicate under stress. I don't practice shooting Minute-of-Angle, I practice Minute-of-Man. As always, YMMV.....:wavey:

jing1117
06-14-2011, 09:17
There's nothing "Mall Ninja" about that. Its guys learning to shoot, move, and communicate.

Only difference between me doing and them doing it, is my rifle at work has a select-fire trigger group, and I wear ACUs and body armor while doing it.

If SHTF, being able to shoot a 1 inch group at 100 meters, under controlled conditions doesn't mean a damn thing if you can't effectively shoot, move and communicate under stress. I don't practice shooting Minute-of-Angle, I practice Minute-of-Man. As always, YMMV.....:wavey:

What you have said is so true - I for one would like to practice drills like this more often - from most of the defense situations that I have seen and talks with LEO during Security training most gun battles are going to start and end within a couple of seconds. They always say he who draws first and fires effectively is the one that will go home (right mindset and training is needed). This is the reason why I only spend 1 mag of ammo to check accuracy and the rest for drills. Same thing with a rifle, even when I group .96 MOA at a hundred the shooters at the club would say I need to get it smaller, yes that may be nice but in real life - how often would you engage someone at 100 yards that you need a tighter group than .96"? So I just try to practice what I will mostly encounter in a self defense situation.

M&P15T
06-14-2011, 14:26

Sarcasm, it needs a smiley all it's own. Keep in mind that, while I agree with your observations, there are plenty of people here at GT that look at such activities as placing one firmly in the Mall Ninja catagory.

Own an AR and have a light, optic, VFG on it? Mall Ninja.
Own a high-capacity auto pistol instead of a revolver? Mall Ninja.

mixflip
06-15-2011, 02:17
I don't practice shooting Minute-of-Angle, I practice Minute-of-Man. As always, YMMV.....:wavey:
Great saying. I agree 100%. whats sad is that too many of our fellow firearms enthusiasts are haters. They see a group of young men actually running their rifle properly in a (I assume) carbine course or just a fun day practicing what they have learned...and they get hated on by other firearms enthusiasts.

Dont we have enough knucklehead anti-gun liberals to worry about let alone our own gun people?

Yeah there are idiots with stupid gun videos on youtube but this one is not one of them.

iLift45's
06-15-2011, 07:11
Very high quality video! Looks like they have been through a Magpul class.