Bushmaster Plant is going back online [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster Plant is going back online

cyrsequipment
06-14-2011, 09:18
This is more of an interest because it is my state.

http://www.kjonline.com/news/New-rifle-company-takes-over-Bushmaster-plant.html

From the Article:
"Dyke added that he had a noncompete agreement with Bushmaster's owner that expired in April."

I wonder what they'll be making?

ColdBlooded
06-14-2011, 09:30
So we will be able to buy bushmasters(albeit with a different name) without the claws of Cerberus. That is good news.

boomhower
06-14-2011, 09:39
We'll have to wait and see what the quality of what they are turning out is.

TexasPOff
06-14-2011, 19:47
Sounds like they are in a good position right now. If this new WW can build a quality AR (I dare use the term) along the Mil Spec lines to compete with the others and can produce it in quantity, they should do well. TXPO

Ferdinandd
06-14-2011, 21:29
This is interesting, and good to see. Right now it seems like the market is right for another mid-high grade rifle maker, based on the fact that BCM, Spike's, and others are heavily backlogged in orders.

Roostmonkey
06-15-2011, 15:29
I think it could be great, but how many customers are really looking for a full-out true mil-spec rifle? I would surmise that most of the buyers are uniformed. After all, to most people, an AR looks like any other AR.

Making guns for gun people is sort of a niche market.

FatBoy
06-15-2011, 22:14
Two thumbs up from another Mainiac. My 1st AR was a Bushy back in the 90's. It has always gone bang.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9012/nobanbushy004a.jpg

I hope they can get their act together.

FB

NateM
06-16-2011, 15:15
Fellow Maine-ah here. And boy am I glad to see this news. Lets bring back a MADE IN THE U.S.A. gun. Love to see it!

ScrappyDoo
06-16-2011, 16:56
FatBoy that is one beautiful Bushmaster ! bangin!

I bought my Bushmaster and the next day they announced closing the plant/killing Bushmaster. I didn't despair because what can you do, you know? But I would be interested in trying out their new one, especially if it's a great price like some Bushmasters can be excellent prices... I like em, don't care what nobody says! :)