G17 s/n: CDxxx US [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G17 s/n: CDxxx US

eracer
06-14-2011, 12:33
I have a G17 Gen 1 import with s/n: CDxxx US.

I bought it used around 1987, but never sent it in to Glock for the upgrade. Should I?

I know that Gen 1's are getting harder to find, and while I know that the pistol won't ever be really valuable as a collectible, it may be a little more valuable as time goes on.

Will doing the upgrade harm the future value of the gun? Or is it something that really should be done, regardless?

Fadedsun
06-14-2011, 16:57
No, just keep the extra parts. Or heck, just trade it in for a newer g17 to someone who collects them.

Leathernecker
06-22-2011, 14:46
I have a G17 Gen 1 import with s/n: CDxxx US.

I bought it used around 1987, but never sent it in to Glock for the upgrade. Should I?

I know that Gen 1's are getting harder to find, and while I know that the pistol won't ever be really valuable as a collectible, it may be a little more valuable as time goes on.

Will doing the upgrade harm the future value of the gun? Or is it something that really should be done, regardless?

I'm an armorer in Altamonte Springs, but I travel to Tampa at least once a month. It will probably take me less than half an hour to replace the parts that need to be updated. And you'll have your originals back in case you ever want to put it back to the way it was sold.

PM me if you're interested. Glock sends upgrade kits to armorers at no cost. They want you shooting the safest gun they can make.

Yours is slightly older than mine. My prefix is CH.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h109/soilantgreen/G17%20CH/DSCN4162.jpg

patcrad
07-20-2011, 15:25
I'm an armorer in Altamonte Springs, but I travel to Tampa at least once a month. It will probably take me less than half an hour to replace the parts that need to be updated. And you'll have your originals back in case you ever want to put it back to the way it was sold.

PM me if you're interested. Glock sends upgrade kits to armorers at no cost. They want you shooting the safest gun they can make.

Yours is slightly older than mine. My prefix is CH.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h109/soilantgreen/G17%20CH/DSCN4162.jpg

L-necker, I'm guessing that the box in the photo is not original to the gun?

shadow_dog
08-20-2011, 16:10
eracer..you should accept Leatherneckers offer. Good deal, plus really nice of him for the offer. Gotta love Glock Talk.

If you can't get together my advice is to check out the GSSF schedule and go to the closest outdoor match. The armorer there can fix you up for free also. Plus take at least 4 mags, 100 rds of ammo, join GSSF, shoot the match and have a blast!