Unbelievably, the feds/libs continue with "Mexican crime guns come from US" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievably, the feds/libs continue with "Mexican crime guns come from US"

Bren
06-14-2011, 14:39
In the wake of us/congress discovering that the ATF was intentionally smuggling US sold guns to Mexico, to be used by criminals, I expected that the old "We need gun control to stop Mexican crime" push was very dead. Apparently not so, since CNN is able to completely ignore it while reporting the same old "Mexican crime guns come from the U.S. BS story."

Report: Many weapons used by Mexican drug gangs originate in U.S. (http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/06/14/mexico.guns/index.html?hpt=hp_t2)

As if ignoring the ATF scandal wasn't crazy enough, they once again pull out the old:
More than 70% of 29,284 firearms submitted to the U.S. Department of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives for tracing by the Mexican government during 2009 and 2010 originated in the United States, according to the report.

Ya, think???? Really? So if the Mexican government decides it needs to contact the USA to check US gun records for a gun recovered from a crime, there's a more than likely chance it's because there is evidence the gun came from America? really? Like maybe it says "Made in USA" on it? Notice that the statistic doesn't even tell us of the gun was exported by the manufacturers or sold to an individual in a gun shop, much less stolen from a car in Houston or Dallas. Even guns given to the Mexican military by the state department "originated in the United States" you *&%^ idiots!

Holy &^%$!!!! CNN cannot possibly get more ridiculous.

G33
06-14-2011, 14:45
Propaganda repeated enough times...
:wavey:

rhone89
06-14-2011, 14:47
Stock up, and stock deep. These jagoffs will not stop until guns are banned, that is their whole goal. They want an unarmed population badder than a hog wants slop.

NewGlockShooter
06-14-2011, 14:48
Stock up, and stock deep. These jagoffs will not stop until guns are banned, that is their whole goal. They want an unarmed population badder than a hog wants slop.

They are more than welcome to come try to take mine...

NH Trucker
06-14-2011, 14:49
It's a story by AljazCNN, covering a story about Democrat senators, and the "facts" they are using to support a call for gun control. CNN has always had a Left slant to their jowhorenolism.

Are you really THAT surprised how this story was reported?

:dunno:

johnd
06-14-2011, 14:49
Well, they did.
They actually told the truth for once.
They just didnt mention that they ( we, the USA Government as our alleged "representative") sold them the weapons...a minor detail.

Bren
06-14-2011, 16:08
It's a story by AljazCNN, covering a story about Democrat senators, and the "facts" they are using to support a call for gun control. CNN has always had a Left slant to their jowhorenolism.

Are you really THAT surprised how this story was reported?

:dunno:

I wouldn't be surprised, normally. But given that the revelation that the government has intentionally been funnelling these guns to Mexican criminals is so recent, and some have even suggested that program was mainly motivated by a desire to create support for gun control, I can't believe that even the scumbags at CNN can possibly run thise story, as written, now.

I am even more astounded that any reporter is willing to print the old "70% of guns the Mexicans asked the US to trace, 'originated' in the US" line - the only shock there is that they couldn't figure out which guns originated here well enough to make it 99-100%. After all, they say "Made in USA" right on them.

I just imagine Dianne Feinstein yelling "The people will believe what we tell them to believe!"

engineer151515
06-14-2011, 16:21
Hopefully, this will ultimately get Holder fired.

Of course, he will be saved if he accepts "full responsibility"

Worked for Janet Reno and she managed to burn down a whole building complex full of people.

Obi Wan
06-15-2011, 06:21
As if ignoring the ATF scandal wasn't crazy enough, they once again pull out the old:

Ya, think???? Really? So if the Mexican government decides it needs to contact the USA to check US gun records for a gun recovered from a crime, there's a more than likely chance it's because there is evidence the gun came from America? really? Like maybe it says "Made in USA" on it? Notice that the statistic doesn't even tell us of the gun was exported by the manufacturers or sold to an individual in a gun shop, much less stolen from a car in Houston or Dallas. Even guns given to the Mexican military by the state department "originated in the United States" you *&%^ idiots!

Holy &^%$!!!! CNN cannot possibly get more ridiculous.
You've got that right. With the exception of 'Peach', I doubt there's an honest human working for CNN.
I am even more astounded that any reporter is willing to print the old "70% of guns the Mexicans asked the US to trace, 'originated' in the US" line - the only shock there is that they couldn't figure out which guns originated here well enough to make it 99-100%. After all, they say "Made in USA" right on them.

I just imagine Dianne Feinstein yelling "The people will believe what we tell them to believe!"
Herein lies a major reason that I don't trust Democrats, Liberals, and 'most' "Progressives". Republicans aren't doing a whole lot better in this regard either... but at least there are pockets of 'hope'.

robertoh
06-15-2011, 06:34
It's the best lie they can come up with right now.

SevenSixtyTwo
06-15-2011, 06:59
So a trio of three Democrats are pushing for more gun control because the ATF has been encouraging sales of assault weapons to Mexican drug thugs. 60 Democrats in Congress have stated they will not touch the topic of new gun control legislation. Congress has been in the business of demonizing the AK style rifle since the early 1950s. In 1989, G.H.Bush had the ATF define "assault weapon" in order to ban import of a list of weapons that fit into that category. Clinton used that list to carry it further with the "assault weapons" ban. While the Democrats hold the candle for anti-gun members, it's not totally black and white. There are a number of Republicans who also have their hands in the anti-2A mix. I prefer to look at each politician individually as I don't really trust any of them and their lip service. They'll use R or D and hot topic issues as leverage to get elected but there's not really that much difference between them.

DerekMK23
06-15-2011, 08:43
Well I am certainly glad I purchased $450 worth of MK23 mags while I have the chance looks like more AR10 and AR15 mags will be needed and a whole mess of ammo! I have recently started paying attention to 2nd amendment rights and things seem pretty grim but maybe they are always like this idk. Also the ATF intentionally letting the weapons slip in doesnt seemed to far fetched. And since when did we give a hoot what that corrupt piece of sh** Mexican President called for?

Ruggles
06-15-2011, 08:54
Not really regarding the OP but.......

The 2nd is as healthy if not more healthy as it has been in decades. I really do not see any dangers for it anytime in the foreseeable future on the national level. Not that folks will not try to damage it but I see no indicators of them having any success. Not saying not to be vigilant but no need to be over reacting as if legislation is a mere few votes from passing that would damage 2nd A rights either.

Now some of the states have some serious issues regarding firearms, course some of the states are just plain crazy to begin with :)

TexasFats
06-15-2011, 11:14
Actually, they and their buddies in the MSM are applying the Josef Goebbels Principle. They are operating on the idea that, if they tell the big lie often enough, people will eventually believe it. Of course, we know that the "Made in USA" guns mostly get in to the bad guys hands courtesy of corrupt officials in Mexico and Central America selling them to the cartels from government warehouses in those countries. The cartels have billions of dollars to play with. Anybody with that kind of money can get whatever they want, when they want it.

Carrys
06-15-2011, 13:26
I really can't imagine them doing anything else but "circling the wagons" concern this tragedy. Tragedy as in it was completely foreseeable, predictable, and even likely to happen.

They have been caught, not just with their hands in the cookie jar....but in designing the jar. I just saw a portion of the hearings held in Washington on this matter. It took the questioner several times at asking the question, but no one seems to know just who authorized the program/sting/plan (depending upon who one listens to).

That alone, based on a history of the way things work in Washington, tells me it was someone this administration simply does not want "outed" on this deal. Someone whom it does not want to harbor any blame what so ever concerning it all. And this case appears to be just a bit different from most others, They don't even have a well placed "patsy" or "scapegoat" lined up, after all this time and no one to take the/a hit for the team? Something tells me it's due to the fact that most have told them that if fingered for any blame, they'll open up on who really authorized it.

All the agents are saying that they begged them (Washington) not to do this, that something bad would happen and they had no controls on the guns after they were let go South of our Border. And something "bad" did indeed happen, an agent was murdered with one of the program guns. Just one we know of anyway.

This program was but one of many amateurish mistakes made by this administration. And this one has a murder of an American agent, doing all he could to protect his Country from the invasion of illegal immigrants it's undergoing, laying directly at the feet of the person authorizing it. And no one even knows who that is?

Can you say cover up, lying, and/or misdirection?

And they don't understand why we don't trust the people in Washington?

AZ Jeff
06-15-2011, 13:45
Congress has been in the business of demonizing the AK style rifle since the early 1950s.

Just a point of clarification here---the AK style rifle has only been available in the semi-auto variant to consumers since about 1980. It actually took a few years after that for Congress to really become aware of them.

DerekMK23
06-15-2011, 15:37
I really can't imagine them doing anything else but "circling the wagons" concern this tragedy. Tragedy as in it was completely foreseeable, predictable, and even likely to happen.

They have been caught, not just with their hands in the cookie jar....but in designing the jar. I just saw a portion of the hearings held in Washington on this matter. It took the questioner several times at asking the question, but no one seems to know just who authorized the program/sting/plan (depending upon who one listens to).

That alone, based on a history of the way things work in Washington, tells me it was someone this administration simply does not want "outed" on this deal. Someone whom it does not want to harbor any blame what so ever concerning it all. And this case appears to be just a bit different from most others, They don't even have a well placed "patsy" or "scapegoat" lined up, after all this time and no one to take the/a hit for the team? Something tells me it's due to the fact that most have told them that if fingered for any blame, they'll open up on who really authorized it.

All the agents are saying that they begged them (Washington) not to do this, that something bad would happen and they had no controls on the guns after they were let go South of our Border. And something "bad" did indeed happen, an agent was murdered with one of the program guns. Just one we know of anyway.

This program was but one of many amateurish mistakes made by this administration. And this one has a murder of an American agent, doing all he could to protect his Country from the invasion of illegal immigrants it's undergoing, laying directly at the feet of the person authorizing it. And no one even knows who that is?

Can you say cover up, lying, and/or misdirection?

And they don't understand why we don't trust the people in Washington?

More on the matter of that is the damn dems up there were trying to push their political agenda of war on the second amendment someone else please tell me they say that one?

TexasFats
06-16-2011, 11:49
Why do they keep up this beat of "it's the guns in the US and the Second Amendment's fault"? Because reducing crime is not the real goal. They could not care less about crime. These slimy politicians and leftists want us disarmed so that they can control us more completely and with less risk to their "enforcers". Every weapons law ever passed was really about keeping peasants defenseless so that they could be better exploited by a nobility or other elite, even when the reason given was "crime".

Obi Wan
06-16-2011, 12:35
Why do they keep up this beat of "it's the guns in the US and the Second Amendment's fault"? Because reducing crime is not the real goal. They could not care less about crime. These slimy politicians and leftists want us disarmed so that they can control us more completely and with less risk to their "enforcers". Every weapons law ever passed was really about keeping peasants defenseless so that they could be better exploited by a nobility or other elite, even when the reason given was "crime".
Hammer... meet Nail. :thumbsup:

Jerry
06-16-2011, 17:45
Well, they did.
They actually told the truth for once.
They just didnt mention that they ( we, the USA Government as our alleged "representative") sold them the weapons...a minor detail.

Isn’t it odd that, that “minor” detail keeps getting overlooked? I guess the media just hasn’t gotten that information yet. :rofl: :upeyes:

DerekMK23
06-16-2011, 20:00
I wrote my District Rep Raul Labrador hopefully enough people voice their opinion then we can get something done!