New(ish?) Trijicon nights sights on Glock 19 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New(ish?) Trijicon nights sights on Glock 19

dehughes
06-14-2011, 21:10
Hello all,

I just had "new" Trijicon night sights installed on my Glock 19 today, and when I got home I noticed the front sight is '09 and the rear sight is '10. I don't mind '10, but '09??? Is that normal, or did they pull a fast one on me?

Z1232K
06-14-2011, 22:01
Hello all,

I just had "new" Trijicon night sights installed on my Glock 19 today, and when I got home I noticed the front sight is '09 and the rear sight is '10. I don't mind '10, but '09??? Is that normal, or did they pull a fast one on me?

I'd call Trijicon and ask them if there is any chance they packaged them that way, just to be sure, before heading back to the store to demand a refund.

dehughes
06-15-2011, 11:32
I'd call Trijicon and ask them if there is any chance they packaged them that way, just to be sure, before heading back to the store to demand a refund.

Well, I called Trijicon and they said they don't package sights with dissimilar years. I suppose I'm going to head back to the store and see what's up. I'd take a '10 front sight, as the gun is a late '10/early '11 Glock 19, but '09 seems like a day old pastry....

Z1232K
06-15-2011, 21:40
LOL! Just a little stale...:rofl:

up1911fan
06-16-2011, 16:37
Considering there good for 10 years, I wouldn't be to concerned about it.

Z1232K
06-20-2011, 09:50
Considering there good for 10 years, I wouldn't be to concerned about it.

Actually, its 12 years, after 6 they're supposed to be half as bright. I see your point, but the fact that the numbers don't match would bother me too. If I'm paying full price for a new set of NS then dammit, give me what I paid for, not what you feel like giving me.

There is a lot to be said for good customer service, or lack thereof.

bentbiker
06-21-2011, 00:12
Actually, its 12 years, after 6 they're supposed to be half as bright.
Where did you find this information. Since the half-life of tritium is 12+ years, it would be surprising to me if the perceived intensity dropped off at twice the rate of the isotope's decay. I would expect the luminous flux (perceived power) to drop off at the same rate.

Z1232K
06-21-2011, 23:45
Where did you find this information. Since the half-life of tritium is 12+ years, it would be surprising to me if the perceived intensity dropped off at twice the rate of the isotope's decay. I would expect the luminous flux (perceived power) to drop off at the same rate.

:embarassed: I stand corrected.

After doing a little searching around on the web, it seems I was wrong.
I was confident that I had read on Trijicons website that the half life was 6 years. I was wrong....I apologize for my misleading statement.:scared: