5.11 Stitched Leather Casual Belt 1.5"-any good? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 5.11 Stitched Leather Casual Belt 1.5"-any good?

TsunamiMike
06-15-2011, 06:46
http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Accessories/Belts/Stitched-Leather-Casual-Belt-15.html

http://www.511tactical.com/images511/large/59502_019_Alternate1.jpg

Anyone have any experience with this product? The reviews are all positive so it seems like it can't be that bad for EDC w/ a G22 or G26...?

TsunamiMike
06-15-2011, 12:58
no one has any experience with these?

BailRecoveryAgent
06-15-2011, 13:33
The problem with those online reviews, is most of the time they're written by people within the company or people that have no experience with the product. Heck, you could probably find an online review of the Hi Point C9 from someone claiming its the standard issue of their police department, doesn't mean its an honest review.

With the many other leather gun belt options out there, 5.11 probably isn't the company most people turn to. Their gear, or at least some of it, is China made. Not sure of the origin of the belt, but since they don't advertise it as being made in usa, it probably isn't.

If thats the price point you like, the Aker B21 is a good option, and if you don't have to have leather, companies like Wilderness Tactical, Galco, Blackhawk, and even 5.11 make web belts that are reinforced all around the same price.

In my personal opinion, I would stick to a company already known for quality leather gun belts rather than something probably not made in house.

TsunamiMike
06-15-2011, 13:48
i was looking at a Galco until a website that i typically go to told me about this great deal for the belts. I figure if it sucks for a carry belt i can still wear them for days at work that are casual or business casual...

I got them for 9 dollars..

Walk Soft
06-15-2011, 13:57
I just got a Double Duty leather belt from Cabella's.Very stiff.Like it.

russelldehart
06-17-2011, 06:31
They're decent. I got a few when I ordered some pants from lapolicegear.com a couple of years ago and they are still holding up. Occassionaly I'll hit them with some leather dye to cover the scratches left by my Kydex holster. Leather holsters are a better choice if you want to keep it looking nice.

Edmo01
06-17-2011, 07:08
My 5.11 (Black just like the one in the OPs picture) has been a good holster belt and has stood up to my abuse. Is it a top quality all leather belt? No. Will it give great support to a holstered handgun? Yes, without a doubt.

I had a brown colored 5.11 belt originally and it was a POS. the thin outer shell would easily nick and tear leaving you with a bright white under-material exposed. The LEO shop I purchased it from had me bring it in and exchange it for this black belt which has been 100% better.

Edmo

TsunamiMike
06-17-2011, 07:49
cool, i order 3 of the brown and 3 of the black!!

madcitycop
06-17-2011, 08:06
I like mine just fine. Doesnt get daily wear but when I bust it out it does me well.

pens-66
06-17-2011, 19:23
I had three of them and they were all JUNK! I bought the first one and 5.11 replaced it twice under warranty. The leatheis just a really thin coating over their Permastiff insert. And after a few weeks that leather coating started peeling off. The third one seemed to last the longest but still only a few months. I ended up only wearing to work as it looked lik crap,eventually the end of the belt broke where you would bend it to put the little prong in the belt hole. I trashed it and moved on. If you're looking for a good leather belt try the "Beltman" they are more expensive but are well worth the money and wait. If not leather go for something like a Wilderness or a Uncle Mike's reinforced trainers belt. Hope that helps and good luck :wavey:

up1911fan
06-17-2011, 19:59
I'd pass. I really like belts from the Beltman, Kramer, Occidental and Comp Tac.

Sheepdog Scout
06-17-2011, 20:48
I just got a Double Duty leather belt from Cabella's.Very stiff.Like it.

That's actually what I use most of the time right now. I've been using one everyday for about 6 months now. It's held up very well and it supports my 2.5 pound CZ perfectly fine.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Double-Duty-Belt/733280.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProduc ts%26Ntt%3Ddouble%2Bduty%26x%3D23%26y%3D3%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=double+duty&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Toorop
06-18-2011, 04:08
Spend the money and get a Beltman belt. Don't skimp on the belt as it is the most important party of a rig.

TsunamiMike
06-20-2011, 04:41
well the 5.11's will be in today, i will let all know how they work out..

dosei
06-20-2011, 05:54
They are an okay belt, if you can get them at the right price. Here is what I consider an acceptable price:
http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-tactical-59502-closeout.html

^^^Much more than that and they are overpriced.

Wash-ar15
06-20-2011, 08:32
i got mine brand new at a gun show for 5 bucks. Brown color. looking at the seller, there was no way he could fit that size. LOL

As someone else said, the brown finish wears off easily leaving the stuff under it exposed.. And its made in China. It feels cheap. Good thing i got it cheap.

Pass on it and buy something better.

randyc74
06-20-2011, 13:20
i got mine brand new at a gun show for 5 bucks. Brown color. looking at the seller, there was no way he could fit that size. LOL

As someone else said, the brown finish wears off easily leaving the stuff under it exposed.. And its made in China. It feels cheap. Good thing i got it cheap.

Pass on it and buy something better.

A good quality gun belt is just as important as a quality holster. A quality gun belt will not tear leaving any (stuff underneath exposed) I use a belt from A&G Custom Gun Leather www.agcustomgunleather.com. The belt has worked out great. I also hear good reports about the Beltman belts.