Wilson Combat/Springfield Armory. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Combat/Springfield Armory.

okie
06-15-2011, 07:06
I had put a Wilson Combat extended slide stop on the Springfield Loaded pistol I had, and it was very tight putting it in. Yesterday I called Wilson Combat and asked them what the chance would be if I ordered another slide stop would it fit just as tight(I sadly let that slide stop go with the Loaded model:upeyes:) The cat at Wilson said that Springfield uses Wilson slide stops on some of their pistols. I did not know that:supergrin:

knedrgr
06-15-2011, 07:27
A nicely fitted slide stop is actually pretty critical to help with barrel lock up. The optimal diameter is 0.200". Some slide stop are make oversize so they can be fitted to the hole of the frame and the link of the barrel.

The ones on both of my SA's were smaller than optimal. I had replaced one of them with a 10-8 and it's helping with a better grouping.

okie
06-15-2011, 07:39
A nicely fitted slide stop is actually pretty critical to help with barrel lock up. The optimal diameter is 0.200". Some slide stop are make oversize so they can be fitted to the hole of the frame and the link of the barrel.

The ones on both of my SA's were smaller than optimal. I had replaced one of them with a 10-8 and it's helping with a better grouping.

I didn't know that my friend:thumbsup:

deadite
06-15-2011, 15:20
Yeah, my Dan Wesson's slide stop is very tight, too. It's made by Ed Brown, but, it shoots really small groups :)

deadite

brisk21
06-16-2011, 07:08
Yeah, the slide stop on my TRP is pretty tight as well. It takes a little work to get it out. I like the one on my Mil-spec, as it just slides out nice and easy.