Bushing - Barrel Fit [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bushing - Barrel Fit

joemannnnn
06-15-2011, 09:19
Hey guys,
My bushing to barrel fit is loose when I have the barrel out of the gun. It free spins, and there is even some wiggle side to side. While in battery, if I grab the muzzle, it seems to tighten up, little movement. Should I be worried? What is acceptable in your opinion for a high end production gun? Is there a tolerance in terms of measurement difference that people like to see? As always, thanks for the help
Joe

knedrgr
06-15-2011, 09:29
There shouldn't be any delta between the OD of the barrel and the ID of the bushing.

knedrgr
06-15-2011, 09:30
For reference, my DW CCO has no movement between the slide/bushing/barrel.

faawrenchbndr
06-15-2011, 10:40
Hey guys,
My bushing to barrel fit is loose when I have the barrel out of the gun. It free spins, and there is even some wiggle side to side. While in battery, if I grab the muzzle, it seems to tighten up, little movement. Should I be worried? What is acceptable in your opinion for a high end production gun? Is there a tolerance in terms of measurement difference that people like to see? As always, thanks for the help
Joe

A loose barrel bushing in not necessarily something to be worried about.
Here's the important questions.......How does it shoot with QUALITY ammunition?
What size groups are you shooting at 15 yards?

joemannnnn
06-15-2011, 11:27
I haven't shot the pistol yet, hope to one of these nights or this weekend. It's something I noticed while performing my first cleaning. I started to do some research online. I see a lot of people talk about a nice tight fit between the bushing and barrel and how it can help with accuracy. After that I then fired off an email to the manufacturer to see what they thought. They asked me to check the fit while in battery, said that is what is most important, and then to shoot and see if it's accurate. So that's what I have on my agenda for now. Thing that worries me is it may be accurate I guess, but could it be even more accurate if it was tighter? I don't have a lot of trigger time with a 1911, and have never shot for groupings, just plinking. I want to start with this gun, and want to make sure I get off on the right foot.

faawrenchbndr
06-15-2011, 11:34
I've seen 1911s with rather loose bushings that shot very well.
It's got to do with the barrel's lock up when loaded.

Les Baer fits his bushings tight as heJJ,.....they shoot well.
Ed Brown fits his a tad less tight, they shoot as well as a Baer.