Help me choose a sling [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose a sling

polishnightmare
06-16-2011, 09:53
Researched this site and others on 1/2 point sling and have it down to 2.

I plan to attach sling to Magpul ASAP and RSA.

1. Savvy Sniper HD Quad Saw Sling http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMna1_JobBo

Pros - Like the thicker webbing and HK Hooks.
Cons - Con on the cost. Bungee?

2. Tac-Strap http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFBg9W7CwbM

Pros - Like the thicker webbing, appears to be thicker, and HK Hooks. Positive on the cost.
Cons - Looks like have to reach under arm to adjust strap in some situations.

Question -
How are they and how well do they appear to hold up? Enough strap adjustability? What is your opinion of slings with bungee? How do bungee slings feel on the shoulder? Opinion of bungee/ no bungee? Is it better to have to pull or push the adjustment strap when tightening/loosening the sling?

Opinion on HK Hooks vs. snap shackles? Which do you prefer and why?

Comments.....

SOLIDSNAK3
06-16-2011, 09:58
tactical link?

BBJones
06-16-2011, 13:03
Non of the above if it were me.

VCAS padded or unpadded.

mixflip
06-16-2011, 14:11
They both make logical sense after watching the videos.

I guess it just matters what is most important to you and your needs. I like the idea of the quick length adjustments (similar to my Vtac sling) and I like the HK hooks for quick transition from 2 point to single point sling setup which is a little harder to do with QD mounts.

So between those 2 I'd go with the SAVVY.

Btw, I am buying HK hooks and a single point sling adapter plate for my Vtac which will make it exactly like the SAVVY sling.

boomhower
06-16-2011, 14:45
I've got a VCAS and love it. Mine has the QD swivels as I don't see me using 2->1 transfers much if ever, just pick one or the other for the situation and be done with it.

Black Smoke Trail
06-16-2011, 15:26
You might consider a Tactical Intervention Specialties (TIS) sling.

I have purchased several of various versions of this slings and I can vouch for their excellent quality and workmanship. Mike Miller is a very knowledgable guy in this are as well as very customer oriented.

Take a look at the TIS slings and see what you think?

I use these sling on my M1 and other long distance rifles.

http://www.tacticalintervention.com/index.html

WayaX
06-16-2011, 16:08
The VCAS and VTAC set the standard for 2-point slings. Single points come in and out of fashion with the magpul MS2 and SKD's PIG sling being the top contenders now.

Airborne Infantryman
06-16-2011, 16:15
I recommend a Viking Tactics sling. They are standard issue for my unit, and I spent 12 mounts in Afghanistan with one of my M4. They are great.

I also just bought one to run on my LWRC. Threaded one end through my VLTOR stock, and then used a Troy Rail Mounted QD Mount to attach it to the rail. Works great!

scromer
06-16-2011, 17:38
VCAS, Boonie Packer, or IDF sling......I have and use them all on various rifles.

VCAS would be my favorite of the three.

bullittmcqueen
06-16-2011, 19:26
Viking tactics two point or Larry vickers two point

dukeguy
06-16-2011, 19:32
+2 on the VTAC - 1 on my AR and 1 on my Rem 870.

TedG
06-16-2011, 20:50
Idf.........kiss