Why are these so cheap? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Why are these so cheap?

GoldDot40
06-16-2011, 19:37
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.a...=186443&CAT=29 (http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=186443&CAT=29)

These were recommended to me by a fellow GT member to put on my AA conversion kit on my Glock 17. I went ahead and ordered them due to the $20 price tag, but why are they so inexpensive? Does anybody have these?

Lotiki
06-16-2011, 21:13
Plastic? Also, the glow in the dark needs to be charged, like those toys you had as a kid. They say it lasts 3 hours but its more like ten minutes unless your in almost total darkness.

DogLegArms
06-16-2011, 21:16
I'd pass on those and stick with Trijicon or Glock's night sites.

bentbiker
06-17-2011, 00:32
Plastic? Also, the glow in the dark needs to be charged, like those toys you had as a kid. They say it lasts 3 hours but its more like ten minutes unless your in almost total darkness.
The LWD description says, "Front and rear machined from bar stock steel."

I have read posts saying the phosphorescence is disappointing, but this might be an alternative to plain Glock steel sights.

HotRoderX
06-17-2011, 00:39
I think on a AA conversion kit these will work nicely. There cheap because there not true night sights. There the cheap glow in the dark stuff like on toys or remotes. At the range thought I could see these being a lot easier to acquire then plan old black on black sights.

DannyR
06-17-2011, 08:34
I use them on several of my Glocks and am completely satisfied. They glow well from ambient light, and when flashed with my Surefire for about 3 seconds they really light up. Just perfect for indoor range shooting and home defense.

And they are steel, not plastic.

dkf
06-17-2011, 10:38
The same set on Ameriglo's sight is $40 so I'd say $20 is a good deal. Honestly how can you lose, a set of steel sights for only $20? If you don't like them I'd bet you would not have a problem selling them here on GT.