Wisconsin's Bill hits the Assembly Tuesday! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin's Bill hits the Assembly Tuesday!

Clay1
06-17-2011, 20:50
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/123981384.html

According to this blogger this bill that passed the state senate will hit the assembly this coming Tuesday. It's been a long road, but the end or rather the beginning is just about here. It's about time Wis.

Rick

vista461
06-17-2011, 22:50
Awesome!

Lior
06-17-2011, 23:03
This is good news for good people.

BobbyT
06-17-2011, 23:49
It's also good news for the control freaks running Chicago.

In the next year or so, they'll see waves of new constituents coming across the border to this progressive city that keeps them safe to rape and pillage the citizenry.

The fight for safer working environments for thugs lives on!

IndyGunFreak
06-18-2011, 05:02
It's also good news for the control freaks running Chicago.

In the next year or so, they'll see waves of new constituents coming across the border to this progressive city that keeps them safe to rape and pillage the citizenry.

The fight for safer working environments for thugs lives on!

I doubt it, My guess is, most people are hardly going to notice a difference. CCW crime is almost statistically irrelevant. They'll scream blood in the streets, etc.. for a few more weeks, then this will go away.

You should have heard some of the hippies when Indiana went to allowing guns in your vehicle in the workplace.... One particular legislator made a complete jackass of himself....

http://www.thefranklinonline.com/city_state/article/gun_bill_moves_out_of_house

IGF

RGVGuy
06-18-2011, 13:12
I'll be interested to see what other states permits they will honor, some summers I have occasion to pass thru WI.

Vern

BobbyT
06-18-2011, 19:14
I doubt it, My guess is, most people are hardly going to notice a difference. CCW crime is almost statistically irrelevant. They'll scream blood in the streets, etc.. for a few more weeks, then this will go away.

I'm not talking about "CCW crime". I'm talking about when "honor roll students" used to robbing and attacking whomever they want realize their victims are no longer helpless, and move on to the greener pastures of Chicago...

IndyGunFreak
06-18-2011, 19:25
I'm not talking about "CCW crime". I'm talking about when "honor roll students" used to robbing and attacking whomever they want realize their victims are no longer helpless, and move on to the greener pastures of Chicago...

I still doubt it... I know CCW'ers love to tout that CCW makes cities safer/lowers crime, but it really doesn't (at least in my experience)... CCW laws really have little to no effect on crime at all, some places have even saw an uptick. As long as it's not CCW holders committing crimes though, it's irrelevant.

IGF

rfb45colt
06-19-2011, 08:12
I'll be interested to see what other states permits they will honor, some summers I have occasion to pass thru WI.

Vern

WI will honor permits from all States that required a background check for permit issuance. I've seen media reports that stated training was necessary too... but I cannot find that in the bill's language. Training IS required for a WI permit, so I believe they've mistakenly applied that to the reciprocity requirements, when in reality it's not in the bill's language.

BTW.... This will include "non-resident" permits too, for everyone except WI residents. WI residents must have a WI permit. WI will not issue non-resident permits.

BobbyT
06-19-2011, 19:44
I still doubt it... I know CCW'ers love to tout that CCW makes cities safer/lowers crime, but it really doesn't (at least in my experience)... CCW laws really have little to no effect on crime at all, some places have even saw an uptick. As long as it's not CCW holders committing crimes though, it's irrelevant.

IGF

Have you seen any of the wildings going on in Chicago lately? Blatant daytime robberies, ipad snatchings, beatings, etc?

They don't happen in places where thugs get blown away. They happen in places where the citizenry is disarmed, and the police are sparse and neutered. You can't tell me these thugs wouldn't reconsider if they started getting dropped.