My new G27 - Tactical Light or... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My new G27 - Tactical Light or...

wvyen
06-17-2011, 21:44
i may get beat for asking this but, it is better to spend $100+++ on a tactical light for my G27 or simply have a LED Headlamp with my bedside protection kit.

Please be gentle as it's my first post, but please give the pros and cons.

Note: a pro is not... "a tactical light if way freakin cool"

Mas Ayoob
06-18-2011, 03:33
I haven't seen a head lamp that's easy and intuitive to turn on and off for the short bursts of light that would be used in a high risk search.

Most get by with a powerful flashlight in one hand, pistol in the other. Since you're already ambivalent about a tactical light on your pistol, this might be your best bet for now.

Light on the pistol is most useful for fast-breaking situation where there's only time to grab the gun. Not generally recommended for ordinary search since the gun is pointing at anything the light centers on.

best,
Mas

wvyen
06-21-2011, 16:50
im not neccessarily ambivalent to a tactical light on my gun, but i alread have head lights and tactical lights seem to be extremely expensive (not saying there is a price on safety) I am just trying to make the best defense with what i have.

My rationale was that my head will be pointing towards any threat, as will the gun. I did not factor in being able to turn it on and off in short bursts.