g17 sight suggestions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : g17 sight suggestions

Dubble-Tapper
06-17-2011, 21:51
ive fired about 1,500 rounds through my gen 3 g17, and would now like to make my first modification. the fixed plastic sights came from the factory with a small ding on the rears, i gave them a chance but would like to try some new sights.

i would like an all around sight: self defense, maybe some GSSF or IDPA in the future, and the main purpose of just leisure target shooting.

i would like accuracy, quality, and good CS if possible. ive looked at the heine sights, i like the design, anyone tried them? also warren sights as well, and of course all the regulars like meprolights, trijicons, ameriglow, and etc...

what would you guys suggest, and why? and if you have a sight pic of them on your pistol that would be cool as well

MrVvrroomm
06-17-2011, 21:55
Warren/Sevigny with fiber optic front

Dubble-Tapper
06-17-2011, 22:09
ive always enjoyed the idea of a fiber optic front, do they melt? ive been shooting quite a bit and i dont want it to look like crap after 2k rounds

MrVvrroomm
06-18-2011, 19:30
ive always enjoyed the idea of a fiber optic front, do they melt? ive been shooting quite a bit and i dont want it to look like crap after 2k rounds
They only melt if you hold a flame to them. They take less than a minute to swap out the fiber optic rod, literally.

RayB
06-22-2011, 16:37
They only melt if you hold a flame to them. They take less than a minute to swap out the fiber optic rod, literally.

I've seen compensated Glocks melt FO rods. That aside, VR's right! Keep spare rods and a lighter in your range bag! ;)

Attached are pics of my G17 which has over 14,000 rounds on it, and has yet to even hiccup! :hearts:

The sights shown are Dawson Precision with a fully adjustable rear sight.

Note the bulbed red dot on the front sight. I spun this myself using heat, but they now sell bulbed FO rods from the OEM.

That front FO really pops in that rear sight notch! :wow:

Note too how the serrations on the rear sight really do absorb light and reduce reflections. :cool:

This is the best sight set up I have for range use! :thumbsup:

--Ray

P.S. I have yet to break a FO rod at range practice!

Skipper Bob
07-05-2011, 23:58
I have the Tru Glo TFO`s on my G-17 4th gen and really like them . Great for older bi-focual aided eyes. Very bright in daytime and good as any other nite sights@ nite ! Zero problems with sights and G17 (1,200 rounds so far)

JimD303
07-24-2011, 22:45
Used the Warrens for a few years, great sights!

I'm switching to the Defoor's now, but I'm holding on to the Warrens in case I decide to switch back.