Head of ATF Is Likely to Go [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Head of ATF Is Likely to Go

Eric SF
06-17-2011, 21:59
due to Gunwalker scandal

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304453304576392023631543738.html?mod=WSJ_hp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsSecond

But does potential new head Andrew Traver mean even worse rights for gun owners??

http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/NewsReleases.aspx?ID=14485

Traver served as an advisor to the International Association for Chiefs of Police's (IACP) "Gun Violence Reduction Project," a "partnership" with the Joyce Foundation. Both IACP and the Joyce Foundation are names synonymous with promoting a variety of gun control schemes at the federal and state levels. Most of the individuals involved in this project were prominent gun control activists and lobbyists.

The IACP report, generated with Traver's help, called on Congress to ban thousands of commonly owned firearms by misrepresenting them as “assault weapons,” as well as calling for bans on .50 caliber rifles and widely used types of ammunition. The report also suggests that Congress should regulate gun shows out of existence and should repeal the privacy protections of the Tiahrt Amendment -- all efforts strongly opposed by the NRA and its members.

JK-linux
06-17-2011, 22:23
Interesting. Does Congress need to vert and approve, or does Obama get to appoint whomever?

ETA: nevermind. It appears an "acting head" of ATF can can do as much damage as a confirmed head. Confirmation apparently means nothing?

UtahIrishman
06-17-2011, 22:26
They could save everyone a lot of headaches by simply abolishing the ATF. It has been around since prohibition. It is time for it to go.

justinsaneok
06-17-2011, 22:52
Yes I vote they go away:whistling:

mrsurfboard
06-18-2011, 20:48
They could save everyone a lot of headaches by simply abolishing the ATF. It has been around since prohibition. It is time for it to go.

Yup, it seems whenever there is a botch government agency operation, the ATF is in the middle of it. Time to go.

Babysinister
06-18-2011, 21:25
This incident was criminal activity by the ATF. The pretext that the gunwalking scheme was a ploy to identify drug traffickers is blatantly absurd. ATF is Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms. So what mission protocol could justify allowing automatic weapons for drugtrafficking gangs who are going to use it, immediately, on either side (or both) of the border? This is clearly insane. And the new guy coming in is probably even worse than the one on the way out, from what I've read. I think the purpose of gunwalking was simply to flood the border with automatic weapons so the government could justify a full crackdown on all privately sold and owned guns in the U.S. before you can say Illuminati. Yes, it was that insane and desperate. But it backfired on them (no pun intended) ....Or has it?... :quiet: :worried:

Gunnut 45/454
06-19-2011, 23:36
Screw that I want him and Holder/Obama up on murder charges! They broke Ferderal law and the guns they let the cartels get killed atleast one American if not more and hundreds of Mexicans! :steamed:

mrsurfboard
06-20-2011, 00:26
Even if he goes, his replacement will be as bad or worse.

Jerry
06-20-2011, 10:48
Screw that I want him and Holder/Obama up on murder charges! They broke Ferderal law and the guns they let the cartels get killed atleast one American if not more and hundreds of Mexicans! :steamed:

Not to mention treason. According to the gumment we are involved in a “war” against drugs. This would make drug cartels the enemy. Trading, selling, giving guns to the enemy is TREASON.

Gunnut 45/454
06-20-2011, 11:10
Jerry
Just one of many Treasonus acts by the Obamanation! Agreed!:supergrin: