Looking for a holster... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a holster...

BigJoe13
06-18-2011, 18:43
I have a S&W model 65, chambered in .357 magnum with a 3 inch barrel. Anyone doing OWB rigs for 3" barreled revolvers. I looked at a few name brand makers websites but did not find anything. Most of them had 4" holsters available and I have a bit of a problem paying $65+ just to cut it down to size. I recently talked to a local maker about an hour away who can do kind of what I would like, decent price.

Specifically looking for something made of leather for discrete or concealed carry under a untucked shirt. The custom maker pointed me toward his pancake style holsters with or without a retention strap.

I want to look at some other options before deciding.

Any useful help is appreciated.

Seraph
06-18-2011, 18:46
I have a S&W model 65, chambered in .357 magnum with a 3 inch barrel. Anyone doing OWB rigs for 3" barreled revolvers. I looked at a few name brand makers websites but did not find anything. Most of them had 4" holsters available and I have a bit of a problem paying $65+ just to cut it down to size. I recently talked to a local maker about an hour away who can do kind of what I would like, decent price.

Specifically looking for something made of leather for discrete or concealed carry under a untucked shirt. The custom maker pointed me toward his pancake style holsters with or without a retention strap.

I want to look at some other options before deciding.

Any useful help is appreciated.

I'd give that local guy a shot.