Decent low(er) cost rear sight. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Decent low(er) cost rear sight.

TnShooter83
06-18-2011, 20:23
I'm in the process of building and owning my first Flat-Top AR. (Owned A2 style)
I'm looking for a good rear sight for the money. It doesn't matter if it's flip up or solid. The sight will be the primary sight, but in the future I may add a scope/Holo setup. But for now it will be my main sight.

I don't plan to go into battle with this rifle, 99.999% of the time will be spent plinking ect. But I don't want to have to rezero it every outing either.

I wouldn't mind a carry handle, but the the huge unsightly mounting knobs are not looking to appealing. Plus, If I want a handle I would have just got an A2.

I'm looking at a budget of $75. I know, You get what you pay for...
But this is a "budget build" AR.

I'm looking at the Magpul MBUS Gen2, but it look a bit flimsy for a primary sight. Also seeing the Troy Fixed rear battle sight.

Any thoughts?

mjkeat
06-18-2011, 20:28
Look into the Daniel Defense 1.5 fixed rear

TnShooter83
06-18-2011, 20:35
I found it, thanks....

ColdBlooded
06-18-2011, 20:37
to late

White Buffalo
06-19-2011, 11:16
I prefer LaRue and Troy's fixed offerings over DD's. By a large margin. Personal preference.

boomhower
06-19-2011, 13:16
I'm very happy with my two DD 1.5's. Solid and light weight.

TnShooter83
06-19-2011, 16:26
I like the Troy because it looks like it would be easier to adjust.
But the Troy says it is only for use on a Fixed plain rail system?????

I have a Standard F-Marked Front sight will the Troy work?

K1tt3n5
06-19-2011, 16:43
^yes
troy buis or go home.

White Buffalo
06-19-2011, 16:51

yes, it'll work great. when they say fixed plain rail system, they're referring to front sights that are the same height as what you have (standard fsp, fixed rail mounted sights, etc...) versus ones that are attached to railed gas blocks, which are usually lower. You'll be fine.

As an aside, I probably prefer the Troy over all of the others with LaRue coming in a very close second, with the vfz mount. The DD offering is the lightest, but I hate the "openness" of it. Too busy for me. YMMV

Also, bare in mind that easy to adjust is easy to knock out of adjustment. If you use the Troy fixed, and you use your carbine like a carbine, make witness marks on the sight with a paint pen.

Rebel_James
06-19-2011, 17:07
Check out the Matech sight. Made of steel and decently priced.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=matech+sight+&_cqr=true&_nkwusc=matech+sifht&_rdc=1

White Buffalo
06-19-2011, 17:12
Check out the Matech sight. Made of steel and decently priced.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=matech+sight+&_cqr=true&_nkwusc=matech+sifht&_rdc=1

those are horrible. The detent holding them down will wear out when you really don't want it to and the aperture is lacking.

boomhower
06-19-2011, 17:19

The DD works fine with F-Marked FSP's, it's what they were designed for.

humanguerrilla
06-21-2011, 11:39
Wouldn't trust Ebay. Too many knockoffs/airsoft products sold as real and not just from foreign sellers.

+1 DD or Troy fixed sights. Larue is nice and QD.

AK_Stick
06-21-2011, 12:41
I'd go with a LMT fixed personally, or cut down an A2 charging handle to make my own.

bud4
06-21-2011, 13:18
I just put a new LMT rear sight on the Equipment Exchange for sale . No shipping charge. Price is $ 60.00 if you are interested.