Happy Father's Day to all you Dads!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's Day to all you Dads!!

RussP
06-19-2011, 05:37
If you're reading this, well, it is in Carry Issues, so hopefully you do carry.

Thanks for setting the example for your kids by carrying to defend yourself and them.

If of age, do they carry, too?

If too young, when will you, or when did you begin encouraging them to carry?

We have one who does carry, the rest do not, but they do have home defense firearms and know how to use them.

BK63
06-19-2011, 06:21
Not only fathers day but my bday usually falls on this day as it does today. My daughter and her boyfriend both 21 have both been asking lately about carry and said yeah you have a bunch of guns but you don't carry them all the time. I said I don't? How do you know? I then showed them the IWB Crossbreed and now they are both taking a safety class together so they can get their permits. They have been to the range with me in the past but I think will be going with me a lot more now. My son is 18 and not there yet but I'm sure he will follow by the time he's of age.

Deployment Solu
06-19-2011, 08:33
Thanks and the same to you and all father's !!!

NWGlocker
06-19-2011, 08:39
Thank you and a Happy Fathers day to you all.

My son is 7 so many years until he can decide if he wants to carry.

Aeroscoper
06-19-2011, 09:10
Thanks and you too!

Stay safe and diligent out there dads!

BailRecoveryAgent
06-20-2011, 06:56
Thanks Russ, Happy Fathers day to you too! My oldest is 5 so she doesn't carry yet, but she likes to do just about anything daddy does so I'm sure she'll be a gun nut as well.

She knows I carry, and from time to time will tell me that she knows not to talk about me carrying it in public or around other people. I had to have the talk with her about a year ago when she made a little brief announcement to the people we were with.:embarassed:

SilverBullet_83
06-22-2011, 06:56
not a father just yet, but there is a bun in her oven. So, Im going to need to start paying attention to the way people introduce to their little ones

Cream Soda Kid
06-22-2011, 09:04
Thanks Russ. Happy Fathers day to you also. Yes, I have one son. He’s 27 years old now and has been carrying since he was 21. I taught him to shoot using a Bersa Thunder .380 when he was about 16 years old. He now carries either a full size 1911, or when he wears a suit he carries a GLOCK 36.

He’s an attorney working in Arlington, VA. and he carries every day.

He and I have taken a few training classes together. Lots of fun.

redbaron007
06-23-2011, 10:31
Baketcha RussP!! :cool:

My oldest, a daughter, is 18 and doesn't carry..not of legal age, yet. She indicates she will once she hits 23, 21 if the governor signs the recent bill.

:wavey:

red