Spare M&P 9MM Pro? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Spare M&P 9MM Pro?

Linux3
06-19-2011, 17:49
I shoot IDPA and USPSA and a local club IDPA'ish thing pretty often.
I do some travel to matches like the NY IDPA and I'm planning to TRY to get a squad for the S&W Indoor.
My question is, is it a waste of money to buy a second M&P 9MM Pro as a backup?

The pistol has been rock solid but I put over 10,000 a year through it and I hate the idea of being 4 hours away and DQ because the gun broke.

Or am I just being paranoid?

RH45
06-22-2011, 17:11
Even though I only have maybe 2k through mine, I picked up another one to drag around as a backup.

It's better to have a backup, and not need it, rather than need one, and not have it!:wow:

ET.
07-13-2011, 08:53
Honestly, I don't think buying any M&P is a waste of money. A second to back up your competition gun makes good sense to me. It makes more sense than most of my gun purchases in the last three years now that I think of it.:embarassed:

RH45
07-18-2011, 05:37
I broke my striker on my primary Pro, Friday night, and our state USPSA match was yesterday.

I pulled the striker out of my backup gun, and used it in my primary gun, and a friend of mine that wasn't shooting the match yesterday, was kind enough to let me borrow the striker out of one of his M&Ps, to put in my back up gun.

My M&P ran flawless. I wish I could have said the same for me!:wow:

Linux3
07-18-2011, 19:30
I broke my striker on my primary Pro, Friday night, and our state USPSA match was yesterday.

I pulled the striker out of my backup gun, and used it in my primary gun, and a friend of mine that wasn't shooting the match yesterday, was kind enough to let me borrow the striker out of one of his M&Ps, to put in my back up gun.

My M&P ran flawless. I wish I could have said the same for me!:wow:
I think I have been talked into it.

And I've had days like that too.

RH45
07-19-2011, 16:08
I sent S&W an email on Friday night, telling them I'd broken the striker on my Pro, and I had an email yesterday saying that a replacement is on the way!!:thumbsup:

kilroy2721
07-23-2011, 17:53
When I started to shoot competition years ago I was always paranoid about my handgun breaking down during a match and not being able to finish it. So I started to buy a backup.

Even though I am now starting to shoot revolvers and they never break I am still buying a backup.

If you don't buy a backup...then at least keep a spare set of parts.

up1911fan
07-25-2011, 11:46
I think it's a good idea to have a backup to your comp guns.

Brad737
07-27-2011, 09:35
:rofl:

I am now starting to shoot revolvers and they never break

kilroy2721
07-27-2011, 11:44
:rofl:

Well ok...I will admit I have had the fiber optic from the front sight break but I had a spare on hand.