Picked up a Palmetto State Armory dissy [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a Palmetto State Armory dissy

bmoore
06-20-2011, 10:15
I have always liked the looks of the 16" Dissipator guns, so when I saw that PSA has a new A3 dissy model I snagged one. Yes this is a mock dissy using a carbine length gas system which is fine for me. I appreciate the rifle length handguards, its nice to have a little more room to drop the rifle into the shooting sticks while coyote hunting.....sicne your usually having to adjust right or left. Should be here in 10 or so days. Im not going to promise a range report due to the fact that I have a new baby at home, the only thing Ive been popping the last 6 weeks is the tops on bottles. Anyways check them out on the PSA website, they come with MOE handguards which I have not exactly warmed up to yet.

jing1117
06-20-2011, 10:36
They look like a good buy for the the money. I have been looking at it as well. If you would please give a range report on the upper when you get the chance that would be great.

bmoore
06-20-2011, 10:39
No problem

ravenkeeper98
06-20-2011, 11:10
I saw they have the stripped lowers on sale now for $50. Been debating a trip there soon.

They are only an hour from me, no shipping!!!!

bmoore
06-20-2011, 11:24
I saw they have the stripped lowers on sale now for $50. Been debating a trip there soon.

They are only an hour from me, no shipping!!!!

I would go buy 3. Best ive done around here is JD lowers for 89 bucks.

faawrenchbndr
06-20-2011, 11:35
:needspics:

bmoore
06-20-2011, 11:39
:needspics:

Look it up on their website, it will take you 12 seconds!!!!!!!:supergrin:

ColdBlooded
06-20-2011, 11:51
I bought 2 LPKs a stock kit and a lower. I was interested in the mock dissy. But i really want a middy dissy. Congrats.

faawrenchbndr
06-20-2011, 11:53
You know the rule,......new gun, must post pics! :dunno:

Anmyrate,......Dissy's are very cool. I've had a few of them!

B.Reid
06-20-2011, 12:38
:wow:

faawrenchbndr
06-20-2011, 14:34
I bought 2 LPKs a stock kit and a lower. I was interested in the mock dissy. But i really want a middy dissy. Congrats.

The original Bushmaster Dissipator was a carbine length gas system, so it's not a MOCK.

BCM is now making a mid length Dissy. ADCO can modify any mid length to a Dissy.

ColdBlooded
06-20-2011, 15:03
The original Bushmaster Dissipator was a carbine length gas system, so it's not a MOCK.

I got the "Mock" from PSA's own lingo. Look for yourself.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/2243.php

Palmetto State Armory 16'' 5.56 Nato Mock Dissipator MOE Upper with carbine gas system

faawrenchbndr
06-20-2011, 15:30
Yes,.....I understand.

ScrappyDoo
06-22-2011, 15:15
Hey I JUST saw these on Saturday and really looked on Sunday- These look AWESOME. I have been more of a "whole rifle" type guy but- this looks like a snazzy snazzy piece of equipment at a snazzy snazzy price. Perfect for me really... I have my AR set up for CQB. My AR is not the best name brand but it's the best for me and it pleases me very much. Anyway, having this upper in the family with this, perfect. I can put a slightly different spin on this, and set it up for a little different use. With a quick click and fast tap and a snap of the fingers I'm sporting a different look and a completely different setup is pointing down range. In a SHTF this is invaluable. QUICK- change from CQB/house defending mode to Medium range mode!

bmoore
06-22-2011, 19:25
Hey I JUST saw these on Saturday and really looked on Sunday- These look AWESOME. I have been more of a "whole rifle" type guy but- this looks like a snazzy snazzy piece of equipment at a snazzy snazzy price. Perfect for me really... I have my AR set up for CQB. My AR is not the best name brand but it's the best for me and it pleases me very much. Anyway, having this upper in the family with this, perfect. I can put a slightly different spin on this, and set it up for a little different use. With a quick click and fast tap and a snap of the fingers I'm sporting a different look and a completely different setup is pointing down range. In a SHTF this is invaluable. QUICK- change from CQB/house defending mode to Medium range mode!

Awesome, thanks for the update. Im hoping mine will ship this coming Monday. I like your thinking, I have a Smith M&P15, a JD lower with a DPMS 20" A2 Government upper on it and they work just fine. The PSA dissy will be my 3rd build and will also be on a JD lower with a Model 1 A2 stock. Gonna do a flat coyote tan (Krylon camo spray) on the stock and A2 handguards I ordered for it, then dab in dark earth green with an art sponge over the tan. Gonna make it a coyote gun. My 22-250 hits hard but the 16" AR platform is just so handy in the field.