Get rid of the f-ing popups [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of the f-ing popups

leadcounsel
06-20-2011, 12:59
This darn Chevy Siverado popup comes on 1/3rd of my page and I cannot get rid of it. Turning off the popup blocker doesn't seem to work. And there's no X to close it. Seriously?!!?!?!?!

By the way, popups do nothing to influence me to buy a product and work in the opposite because they annoy and irritate me and push me AWAY from the brand frankly.

eracer
06-20-2011, 13:04
You have the power to get rid of them. Pony up for a membership.

(You can also click on the 'X' on the far right of the ad...)

If you can't see the 'X' on the far right, you may have your monitor set for too low a resolution to see the entire frame. Upgrade - monitors are cheap.

leadcounsel
06-20-2011, 13:11
The X is cleverly hidden and not visible on my machine. When I scroll right I cannot get to the far right of the advert.

Gunshine
06-20-2011, 13:31
You have your screen size magnified. Resize to 100% and you will see the X.

kf4zra
06-20-2011, 20:10
I gave up on going on the site on my mobile phone, the ad overwhelms the whole screen and you cant scroll over to "x" it.

I am waiting for another lifetime membership with a cool item like the endura that was offered a year or so ago before i buy the lifetime membership.

I figure I have been here almost 10 yrs, and contributed a few times, i might as well by a lifetime membership.