Arkansas/New Mexico Reciprocity??????? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas/New Mexico Reciprocity???????

Gary Slider
06-20-2011, 14:49
Arkansas is reporting that they have signed an agreement with New Mexico.
http://www.asp.state.ar.us/divisions/rs/rs_chl_law.html
New Mexico is not reporting this and it is not one of the eighteen states they have listed on the New Mexico site as having informal recognition of.
http://www.dps.nm.org/lawEnforcement/ccw/index.php

New Mexico has a bad reputation when it comes to talking to other states. They have been stating on their website for the last 14+ months that they are "reevaluating" the states they honor and nothing has been added or subtracted. I have had 4 or 5 states tell me that New Mexico has not answered inquiries about reciprocity or honoring their permit/license and they can't even get a reply.

Now Arkansas is stating they have an agreement. I am hoping this is New Mexico coming of age and that they may finally be getting their act together. But until they post that they honor Arkansas I will not add that to Handgunlaw.us. Lets hope this is a sign of more good things to come out of NM and settle a lot of confusion about who they honor and don't.

LongGoneDays
06-21-2011, 01:02
Maybe they'll add Louisiana now too, closest state going West that doesn't honor my permit. Highly unlikely I'd ever go to that part of the country but ya never know.

I think Arkansas and Louisiana linked up just around the time I got my permit in 2008.

Gary Slider
06-26-2011, 16:53
AR and NM have signed an agreement. Copy of agreement is attached.

K1500
06-26-2011, 21:35
Thanks for the update, it will make part of my vacation easier this year.

Edmo01
06-27-2011, 05:03
As a holder of an Arkansas CCW permit, this is great news for any travels to the west.

Edmo

Deployment Solu
06-27-2011, 07:53
I got the e-mail from the Lt who runs AR CHCL section last week. It is official. I don't know why it took so long.

gommer
06-27-2011, 08:18
AR and NM have signed an agreement. Copy of agreement is attached.

Is it just me - or does it look like Arkansas signed this thing with Wingdings?

Gary Slider
06-27-2011, 09:15
gommer, I received the file in .rtf format. I would say that it was converted from another format to rtf and that is what put the wingdings in there. I converted it to .pdf to post it here and the .pdf looks exactly like the .rtf file I received. But have seen those things pop up when a file format is changed.