GT Brain Trust: Cheapest AR Parts for building out a budget lower? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GT Brain Trust: Cheapest AR Parts for building out a budget lower?

Javelin
06-20-2011, 16:24
Anyone know any deals going on right now?

I am looking for a cheap way to build out an extra stripped lower I have hanging around. Looking at DPMS parts kit and a *milspec* buffer tube w/ spring and buffer.

Thanks in advance!

:wavey:

faawrenchbndr
06-20-2011, 16:30
Not to start any crap,.....but I've always avoided DPMS lower parts kits.

cyrsequipment
06-20-2011, 16:51
this is fairly inexpensive...
http://palmettostatearmory.com/1633.php

bmoore
06-20-2011, 17:26
Palmetto state armory is your cheapest route I believe. You can get a parts kit, stock with buffer, spring, castle nut etc for 99 bucks. Thats hard to beat. My trigger on my DPMS parts kit is way better than the Palmetto one, Ive had no problems with my DPMS parts for a plinker build.

bullittmcqueen
06-20-2011, 17:50
avoid the DPMS parts kit. cheap=crap. i used one and will never use again. the safety would not function and needed quite a bit of filing just to get it to move inside the lower.

ColdBlooded
06-20-2011, 18:23
I bought the Moe and Ergo LPK for $52 each and the Moe stock kit for $80. Pretty good deals, if their quality matches their reputation. I cannot wait until it arrives.

faawrenchbndr
06-20-2011, 18:36
.....My trigger on my DPMS parts kit is way better than the Palmetto one, Ive had no problems with my DPMS parts for a plinker build.

Carry a spare parts kit in your shooting bag. It sucks when you're 45 miles from home
and your POS DPMS trigger pin breaks in half! Good luck with that!