Bought a sr9c used.? Was it dry fired w/o magazine? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bought a sr9c used.? Was it dry fired w/o magazine?

James Markov
06-20-2011, 16:43
How can u tell?

1911gobang
06-28-2011, 23:05
It would be difficult to tell. I have dry fired mine probably 100 - 200 times practicing and such with no issues.

Chup
06-30-2011, 08:16
I think it was the 345 you had to worry about. ???

gdiddy
07-09-2011, 18:15
The manual cautions against dry firing without the magazine. The magazine disconnect will prevent the gun from firing by engaging the firing pin block. When done repeatedly, damage to the firing pin will result. Dry firing with the magazine in place is perfectly OK. The best way to test your gun is to shoot it. If it functions as it should you have one of the best compact 9's available.

ForeverGlock
07-22-2011, 12:13
The manual cautions against dry firing without the magazine. The magazine disconnect will prevent the gun from firing by engaging the firing pin block. When done repeatedly, damage to the firing pin will result. Dry firing with the magazine in place is perfectly OK. The best way to test your gun is to shoot it. If it functions as it should you have one of the best compact 9's available.

Exactly right on all counts. :thumbsup:

Wolfdad
07-26-2011, 19:47
My SR9c functions beautifuly dispute having been dry fired a few times by unknowing friends when the mag was out. I do believe its true about the possible damage to the firing pin.

B.Reid
08-02-2011, 10:00
My SR9c functions beautifuly dispute having been dry fired a few times by unknowing friends when the mag was out. I do believe its true about the possible damage to the firing pin.

Read the manual it says that it may damage the firing pin block not the firing pin. BTW you can remove the firing pin block and the gun will function just fine.