Face lift on my Noveske N4. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Face lift on my Noveske N4.

Alaskapopo
06-20-2011, 21:46
Before.
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/AR%20style%20rifles/NOveskeN4.jpg

After.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/AR%20style%20rifles/NoveskewithTR24.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/AR%20style%20rifles/NoveskeN4withAimpoint.jpg
I had Steve at ADCO install the TRX rail (13 incher) and the pig. I love the way it looks. The noise and blast is less but I do have recoil again and muzzle jump but the trade off is worth it in a patrol rifle. The gun is also lighter with the TRX rail. I am never going to use a normal heavy quad rail system again.
Pat

mjkeat
06-20-2011, 21:52
Does the pig bring it to 16"?

Airborne Infantryman
06-20-2011, 22:06
Looks nice! I like it!

Alaskapopo
06-20-2011, 22:16
Does the pig bring it to 16"?

Yeppers.
Pat

mjkeat
06-20-2011, 22:40
Yeppers.
Pat

I just realized I might have come accross like I was picking, sorry. I was just curious as to the mechanics seeing as I like to get as short as possible w/o going NFA.

Alaskapopo
06-20-2011, 23:16
I just realized I might have come accross like I was picking, sorry. I was just curious as to the mechanics seeing as I like to get as short as possible w/o going NFA.

No no problem I did not take it like that. You need to cut the barrel to 13.7 with a Pig to get the OAL to 16.
Pat

surf
06-21-2011, 03:22
I like the Troy TRX rails also. I actually prefer to keep the AFG2 (chopped down) with the Troy rail to give it a little more circumference where I grip it but the light rail without covers etc is a very good thing. I do accept the weight trade off here on the front end but again I have chopped the AFG2 in half as far as size and weight is concerned.

Don't like the double mag cinch. I have run everything from old school duct tape to a redi-mod. I do understand what you are trying to accomplish with the 20/30 combo and it might be what you need. Just not my preference. Again if it suits your needs no problem.

I also use the EMOD on mine that is set up just like yours. A bit too heavy / bulky for my tastes especially with a lighter front end. Just haven't taken the time to pick up a different stock.

Curious as to your selection in opting for the Pig?

BBJones
06-21-2011, 10:23
Completely agree with rail choice. I have an 11" VTAC TRX Extreme on my LW setup. I only worry that they are not as rock solid as say a DD Lite. Time will tell. I would love to try out the new DD tube rail, but alas all my rifles are nicely setup already.

4 rails I would consider if I were doing a new build: Centurion, DD Lite, TRX Extreme, or DD's new tube (I figure DD's reputation alone makes this worth trying).

Pat - would love to see some accuracy testing out of that post cut-down compared to its original length. I thought Centurion and Noveske used taper bores (at least according to Centurion). Curious if cutting it affects anything. Looks real nice.
I have no experience with a Pig so can't comment on that.
Not sure if you like handstops but IWC's is excellent on that rail. Because you don't need to add a rail section to mount it, it is a super lightweight option.

RMTactical
06-22-2011, 11:42
Sweet looking machines. :cool:

Alaskapopo
06-22-2011, 12:05
I like the Troy TRX rails also. I actually prefer to keep the AFG2 (chopped down) with the Troy rail to give it a little more circumference where I grip it but the light rail without covers etc is a very good thing. I do accept the weight trade off here on the front end but again I have chopped the AFG2 in half as far as size and weight is concerned.

Don't like the double mag cinch. I have run everything from old school duct tape to a redi-mod. I do understand what you are trying to accomplish with the 20/30 combo and it might be what you need. Just not my preference. Again if it suits your needs no problem.

I also use the EMOD on mine that is set up just like yours. A bit too heavy / bulky for my tastes especially with a lighter front end. Just haven't taken the time to pick up a different stock.

Curious as to your selection in opting for the Pig?

I used to run a Surefire muzzzle brake which was great for shooting but very loud. I was worried about having to fire the gun indoors so I opted for the pig plus I like the way it looks.
Pat

faawrenchbndr
06-22-2011, 12:23
I LIKE it! How is the ballance?

SigFTW
06-22-2011, 12:26
Very very nice!!!

Alaskapopo
06-22-2011, 13:49
I LIKE it! How is the ballance?

Very well the balance points is just in front of the mag well.
Pat

AK_Stick
06-22-2011, 14:51
I think if you fire that indoors, its not going to be any better than the surefire it replaced.

I LOVED my 10.5 with a pig, till I got the chance to shoot it in one of the shoot houses.

It no longer resides in my safe.

Alaskapopo
06-22-2011, 15:00
I think if you fire that indoors, its not going to be any better than the surefire it replaced.

I LOVED my 10.5 with a pig, till I got the chance to shoot it in one of the shoot houses.

It no longer resides in my safe.

Well I no longer have to wear plugs and muffs when firing it in the shooting shack at the range. So it has to be some what better.
Pat

AK_Stick
06-22-2011, 15:21
Oh, yeah in a case like that, they help alot. I absolutely loved my pig for everything except shooting it in enclosed areas.

I.E. buildings and/or cars. The first time I fired it indoors, I was in a room about 8 1/2 feet from the wall when I touched it off. The concussion hit me in the face like a rock. I was completely un-prepared for that kind of abuse. For a outdoors weapon, they do a phenomenal job of directing the sound/blast away from you.

Victoriagotagun
06-22-2011, 16:42
Any reason why you went with the off-set BUIS vs. a RDS?

M&P15T
06-22-2011, 16:55
I used to run a Surefire muzzzle brake which was great for shooting but very loud. I was worried about having to fire the gun indoors so I opted for the pig plus I like the way it looks.
Pat

How well do the pigs do in moving the sound/blast forward with your 13.7" barrels? That really seems like a neat combo if it works well.

ETA: Never mind, I see you've answered already!

Alaskapopo
06-22-2011, 16:56
Any reason why you went with the off-set BUIS vs. a RDS?

Yes because of the cold weather issue. Glass fogs on the outside due to condensation that happens when you go from having your rifle outside for a long time (say on perimeter) to going inside (making entry) its a problem up here in the cold months. The off set irons are available for instant use and you don't have to take the optic off the gun to use them.
Pat

agtman
06-22-2011, 16:56
Oh, yeah in a case like that, they help alot. I absolutely loved my pig for everything except shooting it in enclosed areas.

I.E. buildings and/or cars. The first time I fired it indoors, I was in a room about 8 1/2 feet from the wall when I touched it off. The concussion hit me in the face like a rock. I was completely un-prepared for that kind of abuse. For a outdoors weapon, they do a phenomenal job of directing the sound/blast away from you.

Pat, very nice set up. Steve @ ADCO does excellent work.

Having shot my 10.5" with Pig both in training class shoot-houses and out on the firing line, what Stick said is correct. Running a shorty suppressed is almost obligatory indoors.

Even though the Pig still operates to deflect away some of that blast, the limits of moving through a confined space while engaging targets means there's nowhere for the repeated blasting to go, so you definitely feel the concussive return. Outdoors on the firing line, or while running drills outside, it's great.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo166/agtman/MRP-4-1.jpg

:cool:

Alaskapopo
06-22-2011, 17:01
Pat, very nice set up. Steve @ ADCO does excellent work.

Having shot my 10.5" with Pig both in training class shoot-houses and out on the firing line, what Stick said is correct. Running a shorty suppressed is almost obligatory indoors.

Even though the Pig still operates to deflect away some of that blast, the limits of moving through a confined space while engaging targets means there's nowhere for the repeated blasting to go, so you definitely feel the concussive return. Outdoors on the firing line, or while running drills outside, it's great.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo166/agtman/MRP-4-1.jpg

:cool:

Thanks that is not what I wanted to hear but sometimes the truth hurts. I guess I will have to save some money up for a SBR and suppressor build.
Pat

Victoriagotagun
06-22-2011, 19:03
Yes because of the cold weather issue. Glass fogs on the outside due to condensation that happens when you go from having your rifle outside for a long time (say on perimeter) to going inside (making entry) its a problem up here in the cold months. The off set irons are available for instant use and you don't have to take the optic off the gun to use them.
Pat

I didn't even think about the glass fogging up and your location. How awkward is it to flip up the BUIS in the off-set mount? I'm used to seeing RDS or fixed irons in the off-set mounts in 3Gun.

Alaskapopo
06-22-2011, 19:12
I didn't even think about the glass fogging up and your location. How awkward is it to flip up the BUIS in the off-set mount? I'm used to seeing RDS or fixed irons in the off-set mounts in 3Gun.

If I have time I deploy the back up irons as soon as I take the rifle out of the bag. If not its not that slow to get them up. Just hit the tab on the side and the sights spring up.
Pat