Falling Skies anyone? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Falling Skies anyone?

oily_oink
06-21-2011, 02:45
Did anyone catch the start of new TNT series "Falling Skies"?

FatBoy
06-21-2011, 05:22
DVR'ed it. I'll try to watch it later this week. Also, DVR'ed Outcasts on BBCA. Honestly, I'm not sure I'll have time to get into too many shows.

FB

Riggs83
06-21-2011, 06:10
I caught the show and it was pretty good I plan to watch it again next Sunday. I expected there to be more aliens and the show to be more like Terminator or Battle LA where it was very dangerous to be visable outside.

Bilbo Bagins
06-21-2011, 08:31
I DVR'ed it and watched it last night. I liked it, and its not bad for a cable TV show. I'm not sure it going to last. Remind me of Jericho in the sense that its a great story , but will it have wide appeal, and can the writers keep it going for more than one season.

In terms of S&P I can see a situation where all that is left is small roving bands of humans after an alien invasion. Sort of like the American Indians, the Aliens come and kicked the heck out of us, then force what is left of the humans to move into places the Aliens have not settled yet. It seems the goal of the aliens is to keep hitting large groups of human resistance. They mentioned that the aliens are able to pick up groups larger then 300 and are attacking them, but so far are ignoring smaller groups. In terms of a military invasion, that makes sense. The Aliens are killing what can be a threat and they can always get the small stuff later.

I wonder what the enslavement of the kids means, and what the story is going to be behind that. Are they going to keep some humans around as a slave population, or will the kid slaves be used as weapons against the rest of the humans?

MajorAmby
06-21-2011, 08:42
Yeah watched it. From an S/P standpoint its actually not too bad. The story is pretty good too. We'll have to see, the previews for the rest of the season makes it look better than the pilot itself.

Donn57
06-21-2011, 10:23
Watched it. Liked it. Past experience therefore dictates it won't be around long.

Riggs83
06-21-2011, 11:05
Thats the shame of the show....how long can the writers keep the audience entertained and the story going? I can see the show only going a few seasons but I guess we never know. Eventually you would have to conclude with the humans winning. I will support it by watching this and The Walking Dead when it comes back :)

Akita
06-21-2011, 11:36
My main problem with it was all those adults that considered themselves noncombatants.
GET A RIFLE and fight for your lives, you miserable sheep!

Riggs83
06-21-2011, 11:52
Akita, that is so true!! I thought about that while watching the show and I forgot to mention it. You have a 13 year old fighter and then you have middle aged men who are just sheep!!! :wow: It was very ridiculous! Of the 300 people or so atleast 200 should be able to fight. The only ones who shouldn't are those who are really not physically able to but I'm sure they can provide other assistance to the fighters.

Bilbo Bagins
06-21-2011, 11:53
My main problem with it was all those adults that considered themselves noncombatants.
GET A RIFLE and fight for your lives, you miserable sheep!

You sound like that one leader on the show when he gave the remarks to the Doctor chic. Remember EVERY military has non combatant support personnel. I think the Ratio in the US military is something like 8 support personnel to every 1 combat soldier. They showed a lot of kids and old folks who are simply unfit for combat. Also you still need people to cook, repair clothing, provide basic defense of home base while the other guys are fighting, care for the soldiers kids, etc.

Honestly if it really happened today, I would say more then half of the adult population of the USA would be completely unfit for combat. They are better off staying behind and being support. Stay out of the way, it would only slow the fighting force down.

What I like to see is what is up with that 13 year old boy, who was part of the soldier team and freaked out over the dog. Is he one of those airsoft kids that has a fast education on the real thing when the invasion started , or is he the son of someone in the military who gave him a lot of hands on firearms training prior to the invasion.

MajorAmby
06-21-2011, 13:26
What I like to see is what is up with that 13 year old boy, who was part of the soldier team and freaked out over the dog. Is he one of those airsoft kids that has a fast education on the real thing when the invasion started , or is he the son of someone in the military who gave him a lot of hands on firearms training prior to the invasion.
He probably qualified by playing too much COD.

Chuck TX
06-21-2011, 14:03
Did anyone catch the Tactical Wheelbarrow at the beginning? :rofl:

Between that and mag/clip thing you'd think the writers were from GT.

I DVR'ed it and watched it last night. I liked it, and its not bad for a cable TV show. I'm not sure it going to last. Remind me of Jericho in the sense that its a great story , but will it have wide appeal, and can the writers keep it going for more than one season.

Jericho, I think, could have had at least 3 good full-length seasons in it had it been allowed to run its natural course. The only season that was a real season was the first. The second was only a partial (not even a half season) where they brought it back for them to rush it through for a wrap up. Then they wrote that whole portion with a wide open ending hoping it would be picked up again. Which, of course, it wasn't. Hell it was just starting to get good. Would have liked to have seen what it would have been had it never been canceled in the first place.

cowboy1964
06-21-2011, 15:22
It's like The Walking Dead but with aliens instead of zombies.

I'll be watching it.

fx77
06-21-2011, 15:57
Liked it so far. We will see.

88MPH
06-21-2011, 17:34
Loved it. Jericho meet Independence Day.

Stupid side note, did anyone notice the sound of the main characters full auto AK? It was way off.

Second stupid side note, why is it that everyone was able to obtain an exotic full auto weapon? I saw a UMP, Uzi, full auto AK, full auto m4s (possibly taken from police and .mil as suggested by the hero). I didn't see many average-Joe guns.

Akita
06-21-2011, 17:54
You sound like that one leader on the show when he gave the remarks to the Doctor chic. Remember EVERY military has non combatant support personnel. I think the Ratio in the US military is something like 8 support personnel to every 1 combat soldier. They showed a lot of kids and old folks who are simply unfit for combat. Also you still need people to cook, repair clothing, provide basic defense of home base while the other guys are fighting, care for the soldiers kids, etc....
I cant believe this is an item for a debate. I guess I should have known; it IS the internet.

powder86
06-21-2011, 18:22
caught part of it. thought it was ok... but trying to avoid getting into another show. i'm eagerly awaiting walking dead's next season!

bcowen22001
06-21-2011, 21:06
Its pretty funny. We will be at war with aliens. Think about it!!!!

oily_oink
06-22-2011, 02:10
Jericho, I think, could have had at least 3 good full-length seasons in it had it been allowed to run its natural course.

I agree! My Family loved watching "Jericho". We really wanted to see more!!! :crying: But at least we have more "The Walking Dead" to look forward to. It's a definite hit with my household!!!

I'm still up in the air with "Falling Skies" though. Camping out in the open & playing soccer, with Aliens flying around? Hitting an Armory that should have been 99.9% looted when all that started? Then going back again??? :faint: Better yet, what about that store that looked to be very well stocked with food? I'm sure that place would have been 100% looted after any kind of disaster! I could keep going on about this, but we'll see what happens in future episodes before I do. :whistling:

cowboy1964
06-22-2011, 06:12
Yeah I liked the scene where they're all out in the daytime walking up the street to get out of town and you can clearly see in the background the big "mothership" or whatever that was and all the little alien craft flying around. What, the aliens don't look out their windows? LOL. I think they tried to explain that by saying the aliens only go after groups of people of 500 or more, so that's why they were splitting into smaller groups.

oily_oink
06-22-2011, 07:08
I think they tried to explain that by saying the aliens only go after groups of people of 500 or more, so that's why they were splitting into smaller groups.

OH! I must have missed when they mentioned that. But then again, the Aliens did set up an ambush. I do know one thing though... Don't use any road flares!!! :rofl:

lawman800
06-22-2011, 09:54
Do the aliens count to 300 first before the attack? What if you are at like 299 or 298 and then a guy or a family runs up to you while your band was walking down the street? I mean, you would be pretty screwed and you have to run off in the other direction, not to be a dick, but to stay alive.

Also, what proximity do you have to be within each other for it to be considered a group? If we stand 50 yards apart, would that work? I mean, that's half a football field, dammit! Can I have 200 on one side and 200 50 yards away? It might be kinda like soccer hooligan gangs in England before a fight but if it works, I'm all for it.

Bilbo Bagins
06-22-2011, 13:29
Do the aliens count to 300 first before the attack? What if you are at like 299 or 298 and then a guy or a family runs up to you while your band was walking down the street? I mean, you would be pretty screwed and you have to run off in the other direction, not to be a dick, but to stay alive.

Also, what proximity do you have to be within each other for it to be considered a group? If we stand 50 yards apart, would that work? I mean, that's half a football field, dammit! Can I have 200 on one side and 200 50 yards away? It might be kinda like soccer hooligan gangs in England before a fight but if it works, I'm all for it.

It remind me of something I read about the airforce guys in Iraq running the OODA targeting loop . 700 Iraqis soldier were gathered in a soccer stadium during the early stages of the invasion. BOOM, no more Iraqis. The AF guys literally watched and waited until that Rally point filled up to capacity, then they hit it. You don't waste a 2000lb bombs on four irregulars sitting in a foxhole.

Its not that the aliens are ignoring groups because they are at 499 people. They hit the military bases, then the largest cities, then the medium size cities, then any small towns that are still occupied, then roving bands of humans 1000 or more, then 500, 300, 100, 50, 25, then its mop up time. Proper allocation of resources, follow the plan, act being kill the target, and start the loop all over again.

http://www.spartancops.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/simple-ooda-loop.png

daydreamer
06-22-2011, 18:17
I watched it and enjoyed it. It was nice to see armed "refugees" as opposed to unarmed masses shown on the War of the Worlds remake. More realistic IMHO. :wavey:

lawman800
06-22-2011, 19:35
I watched it and enjoyed it. It was nice to see armed "refugees" as opposed to unarmed masses shown on the War of the Worlds remake. More realistic IMHO. :wavey:

Depending on the city and the prevalence of liberals, unarmed masses of sheeple would be accurate.

Donn57
06-22-2011, 21:59
I cant believe this is an item for a debate. I guess I should have known; it IS the internet.

Didn't you bring it up originally?

lawman800
06-22-2011, 22:03
It's the internet, logic has no place in it.

JimBianchi
06-22-2011, 23:29
It was surprisingly good.

I'll keep watching.

lawman800
06-22-2011, 23:43
It remind me of something I read about the airforce guys in Iraq running the OODA targeting loop . 700 Iraqis soldier were gathered in a soccer stadium during the early stages of the invasion. BOOM, no more Iraqis. The AF guys literally watched and waited until that Rally point filled up to capacity, then they hit it. You don't waste a 2000lb bombs on four irregulars sitting in a foxhole.

Its not that the aliens are ignoring groups because they are at 499 people. They hit the military bases, then the largest cities, then the medium size cities, then any small towns that are still occupied, then roving bands of humans 1000 or more, then 500, 300, 100, 50, 25, then its mop up time. Proper allocation of resources, follow the plan, act being kill the target, and start the loop all over again.

So... we trained the aliens and now they are using our tactics against us just like how we armed the Iraqis and the Afghani Taliban when they were the Mujahadeen?

Or did we train the aliens in the College of the Americas like we did with all the South American tyrants and dictators?

Another scandal just like the Iran-Contra or the UN weapons for oil scandal.

Bilbo Bagins
06-23-2011, 07:00
Didn't you bring it up originally?

He did, didn't he? :whistling:

:dunno:

Bilbo Bagins
06-23-2011, 07:19
So... we trained the aliens and now they are using our tactics against us just like how we armed the Iraqis and the Afghani Taliban when they were the Mujahadeen?

Or did we train the aliens in the College of the Americas like we did with all the South American tyrants and dictators?

Another scandal just like the Iran-Contra or the UN weapons for oil scandal.

Nahhh. You figure any advanced alien civilization, with military tech more advance then ours, probably has advanced military strategy and systems. They probably pull out the old "how to invade a planet" playbook, look over the intel on Earth, and the alien generals sit around a table or whatever and systemically plan the invasion.

That is what gets me about Sci Fi movies. Here you have an advanced alien military that is smart enough to travel across space, and build weapons better then our, yet they are so stupid that they don't wash their hand while on earth and die of the common cold, or they have one vunerable mothership that controls their entire invasion force.

Imagine if the US military had one mega sized truck that controled every tank and aircraft in our military. What would have happened in Saddam hit it with a scud during Desert Storm.

racerford
06-23-2011, 08:23
Nahhh. You figure any advanced alien civilization, with military tech more advance then ours, probably has advanced military strategy and systems. They probably pull out the old "how to invade a planet" playbook, look over the intel on Earth, and the alien generals sit around a table or whatever and systemically plan the invasion.

That is what gets me about Sci Fi movies. Here you have an advanced alien military that is smart enough to travel across space, and build weapons better then our, yet they are so stupid that they don't wash their hand while on earth and die of the common cold, or they have one vunerable mothership that controls their entire invasion force.

Imagine if the US military had one mega sized truck that controled every tank and aircraft in our military. What would have happened in Saddam hit it with a scud during Desert Storm.

You assume advanced equals more intelligent. i don't. It only takes a few really smart people to develop really advanced and highly auto amted things. Maintenance may not be differ=cult, and may involve plug and play repair. They may use eugenics to solve certain population control issues.Soldiers might be bred for their fighting and order taking ability, not their thinking and improvisation ability. A single control point would seem silly, unless you expect no effective resistance.

So you have computer controlled forces, with algorithms based on logic and past experience. They attack earth and we are not logical and many times irrational.

Do you boil your water before you drink it at your home? Anybody else's home? You assume it will be safe, at least in the US. Aliens may do the same thing,

Aceman
06-24-2011, 08:32
Wow - lot's to say. Let's hit the high points:

#1 Alien invasion series, what's not to like?
#2 Definitely riding on success of Walking Dead / Battle LA style things.
#3 Ripping on problems in logic/reality: Waste of time, but dang it FUN!
#4 I REALLY think more people would be armed to the teeth...
#5 Lawman800: I am extremely liberal IMO. But I draw the line and defend it with an Arsenal 106 when you invade my planet!
#6 Remember, Aliens are Alien. Maybe in their universe having a central control unit is the most insanely brilliant thing they can do for some reason. Just because we don't think so doesn't mean there is not a reason.
#7 The control things on the back. Shades of???? Can't think of the movie.

Overall, I'm watching it. But it's way too early to make a call on it.

DaScotsman
06-24-2011, 08:46
Wow - lot's to say. Let's hit the high points:
7 The control things on the back. Shades of???? Can't think of the movie.

The Puppet Masters (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111003/)

TangoFoxtrot
06-24-2011, 16:32
Watched it. Liked it. Past experience therefore dictates it won't be around long.

Ahhhhh.....Are you refering to Jerricho? Now that show had potential.

Fanner50
06-24-2011, 16:39
I watched it. Don't plan to watch it again.

All these aliens and 300 people can move around at will during daylight?

Gas doesn't seem to be a problem?

Every week the aliens will try to get the good guys and the good guys will just barely manage to get away. Been there, seen that countless times in other shows. Way too predictable. I have better things to waste my time on. :wavey:

arabianights
06-24-2011, 19:18
i did.

very boring though

Donn57
06-24-2011, 21:47
I watched it. Don't plan to watch it again.

All these aliens and 300 people can move around at will during daylight?

Gas doesn't seem to be a problem?

Every week the aliens will try to get the good guys and the good guys will just barely manage to get away. Been there, seen that countless times in other shows. Way too predictable. I have better things to waste my time on. :wavey:

Countless shows where aliens take over the earth? Really?

lawman800
06-24-2011, 22:33
#5 Lawman800: I am extremely liberal IMO. But I draw the line and defend it with an Arsenal 106 when you invade my planet!

Yeah... I know liberals who own guns too, but it's just strange how you can be both a liberal and a gun owner unless you are a Jeffersonian liberal who actually believes in the "liberty" part of being a liberal.

Wouldn't it be more consistent with liberal ideology to run away and cry while your trusty big government comes in with their bad, evil guns wielded by the bad and evil military who would be off murdering third world babies and women if it weren't for the alien invasion?

Fanner50
06-25-2011, 07:11
Countless shows where aliens take over the earth? Really?

Pretty much. Really.

Stevekozak
06-25-2011, 08:06
Watched a few minutes of it. Have it DVR'd to watch when get some down time. Was not over impressed so far. Little hard to follow thus far. Was expecting more sequence. Maybe it gets more on track further into the pilot.

Stevekozak
06-25-2011, 08:14
You sound like that one leader on the show when he gave the remarks to the Doctor chic. Remember EVERY military has non combatant support personnel. I think the Ratio in the US military is something like 8 support personnel to every 1 combat soldier. They showed a lot of kids and old folks who are simply unfit for combat. Also you still need people to cook, repair clothing, provide basic defense of home base while the other guys are fighting, care for the soldiers kids, etc.

Honestly if it really happened today, I would say more then half of the adult population of the USA would be completely unfit for combat. They are better off staying behind and being support. Stay out of the way, it would only slow the fighting force down.

In my opinion in a TEOTWAWKI situation like this, alien invasion, if you can pull a trigger, you are fit for combat. Combat does not have to be running around with 50 pounds of gear, jumping running flinging oneself into foxholes. In this situation, you best get your hands on any rifle/shotgun/handgun available and start shooting. Only the infants and comatose are non-combatants in this situation. IMHO. Actually might be a better show if so.

FireForged
06-25-2011, 09:10
Well at least its better than the "hammer head shark man running around in the woods" which is on the sci-fi channel.

wrenrj1
06-25-2011, 09:59
I checked the TNT website but no go. Where can the original episode be found on the net?

Chuck TX
06-25-2011, 10:14
I checked the TNT website but no go. Where can the original episode be found on the net?

The pilot is replaying again tonight at 9pm Central. Don't know if it's on hulu or the like.

lawman800
06-25-2011, 11:11
What Hammerhead Shark Man in the Woods show? That sounds sweet!

Chuck TX
06-25-2011, 11:27
What Hammerhead Shark Man in the Woods show? That sounds sweet!

It's already over. I'll never go swimming in the woods again.

Black Smoke Trail
06-25-2011, 11:36
Did anyone catch the start of new TNT series "Falling Skies"?

Thanks for the heads up! Looks very interesting. Got it set on the DVR.

Aceman
06-25-2011, 12:47
Well at least its better than the "hammer head shark man running around in the woods" which is on the sci-fi channel.

That movie was AWESOME! Seriously - if it wasn't for bad sci-fi, you wouldn't know what good sci-fi was.

Aceman
06-25-2011, 12:50
Yeah... I know liberals who own guns too, but it's just strange how you can be both a liberal and a gun owner unless you are a Jeffersonian liberal who actually believes in the "liberty" part of being a liberal.

Wouldn't it be more consistent with liberal ideology to run away and cry while your trusty big government comes in with their bad, evil guns wielded by the bad and evil military who would be off murdering third world babies and women if it weren't for the alien invasion?

I have no idea what liberal ideology is. I don't think liberals do either - or at least they can't agree themselves, which is funny. I also don't agree with conservatives or moderates. Whatever their ideologies are. At least conservatives can agree that they have one stand, no matter how dumb@$$ or wrong it may be.

So if I am a Jeffersonian Liberal - so be it! I am actually shopping for a political party (non-dem/repub). any good sights that summarize the ofierings?

Aceman
06-25-2011, 12:51
I'm really afraid of the move/aliens catch up/barely escape potential of this show. Or even worse - the BIG surprise....that isn't or is so dumb the Aliens don't even buy it.

racerford
06-25-2011, 13:55
Pretty much. Really.

I am doubtful there "countless" shows of this type. Name 10 thousand shows where aliens take over the earth.

Or can you just not count very high?

:supergrin:

lawman800
06-25-2011, 15:11
Maybe not tv shows but you have the theme repeated quite often.

V
War of the Worlds
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Red Dawn (the Russians/Cubans are technically illegal aliens)
They Live
Independence Day
Battlefield LA
District 9
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Mars Attacks
E.T. the extra terrestrial

Donn57
06-25-2011, 16:52

V
War of the Worlds
They Live
Independence Day
Battlefield LA
District 9
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Mars Attacks

Yeah, well he specifically stated TV shows as the same plot is repeated week after week. Not only are there not countless such shows, I can't really think very many. V comes to mind. There may be a few others that I can't think of, but you can probably count them all on one hand. If that's "countless" someone needs some serious ejicashun.

Donn57
06-25-2011, 16:59
I have no idea what liberal ideology is. I don't think liberals do either - or at least they can't agree themselves, which is funny. I also don't agree with conservatives or moderates. Whatever their ideologies are. At least conservatives can agree that they have one stand, no matter how dumb@$$ or wrong it may be.

So if I am a Jeffersonian Liberal - so be it! I am actually shopping for a political party (non-dem/repub). any good sights that summarize the ofierings?

Well, if you're a Jeffersonian Liberal, then the Libertarian party is probably the closest to your beliefs, but somehow I don't think that's the case. If you're a modern liberal the following parties are probably a better reflection of your ideology:

http://socialistparty-usa.org/

http://cpusa.org/

racerford
06-25-2011, 16:59

V
War of the Worlds
They Live
Independence Day
Battlefield LA
District 9
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Mars Attacks

I count 11. So far not countless:whistling: Well, at least for me. It could be 13 if you count the 3 versions of War of the Worlds. However, in ET the aliens do not "take over the world" so that doesn't count and neither does Red Dawn or District 9. Red Dawn is not global nor is district 9. In District 9 they get herded to a camp, hardly taking over the world...... yet.

lawman800
06-25-2011, 17:06
I know. Just trying to help.

Donn57
06-25-2011, 20:34
I count 11. So far not countless:whistling: Well, at least for me. It could be 13 if you count the 3 versions of War of the Worlds. However, in ET the aliens do not "take over the world" so that doesn't count and neither does Red Dawn or District 9. Red Dawn is not global nor is district 9. In District 9 they get herded to a camp, hardly taking over the world...... yet.

Besides, except for V, none of them are TV shows. I also thought of "The Event". The other problem is that with both V and The Event, the plot was not the same each week - with the earthlings narrowly escaping the aliens.

So the count of "countless" TV shows where aliens invade the earth is currently at three. Of the three, 2 do not follow the designated weekly plot and the third is an unknown regarding weekly plot. Hmmm...

Donn57
06-25-2011, 20:38

But if we are critiquing the movie list, we also have to remove "The Day the Earth Stood Still". One alien and a robot attempting to warn earth of the dangers of nuclear war (original) or ecological disaster (remake) doesn't really constitute aliens taking over the world.

lawman800
06-25-2011, 21:18
I know the plots aren't all exactly the same but the underlying theme of an alien threat is common to all the movies. There is always some way that the aliens are going to wipe us out or threaten us. Even in District 9 there is a theme of an unknown threat in the form of the infection and their advanced weaponry and what that alien was going to do once he gets back to his planet.

As for more alien movies, how about adding Cloverfield, MIB, and The Abyss to the list?

Donn57
06-27-2011, 09:12
I know the plots aren't all exactly the same but the underlying theme of an alien threat is common to all the movies. There is always some way that the aliens are going to wipe us out or threaten us. Even in District 9 there is a theme of an unknown threat in the form of the infection and their advanced weaponry and what that alien was going to do once he gets back to his planet.

As for more alien movies, how about adding Cloverfield, MIB, and The Abyss to the list?

I get it, but this whole discussion was based on the comment that countless television shows where aliens invade the earth had the same weekly plot. Since many of the movies don't feature aliens actually taking over the earth, the weekly plot can't possibly be found even if the movie was made into a series. The whole point being that even combining movies and television series, there just aren't that many where aliens actually take over the earth and have to be battled by humans. Certainly the term "countless" overstates the number.

1 old 0311
06-27-2011, 11:48
Akita, that is so true!! I thought about that while watching the show and I forgot to mention it. You have a 13 year old fighter and then you have middle aged men who are just sheep!!! :wow: It was very ridiculous! Of the 300 people or so atleast 200 should be able to fight. The only ones who shouldn't are those who are really not physically able to but I'm sure they can provide other assistance to the fighters.

+1 I have a 12 year old daughter that is REAL tough with a .223.

wjv
06-27-2011, 13:50
Anyone remember "Land of the Giants" TV show. .

Every week one of the good guys got captured and then had to be rescued.

Same plot week after week after week. . .

Problem with shows like Falling Skies is that the good guys can never win. Once that happens the show ends.

Jericho could have been continued for years. Season 3 find the evil bad guys who cause the attack and kill them. Season 4->infinity, the trials of survival and the re-building of the country.

Stevekozak
06-27-2011, 20:07
Watched Week 2. Still on the fence, but it looks like it has some potential. I just want someone to scream "Wolverines" as they attack a skitter!! :)

Bilbo Bagins
06-27-2011, 21:04
Watched Week 2. Still on the fence, but it looks like it has some potential. I just want someone to scream "Wolverines" as they attack a skitter!! :)

+1

The show has potential.

Haldor
06-27-2011, 21:57

Personally I thought Falling Skies was boring. I had great hopes, but it was pretty flat and not interesting at all.

Since I am bored by Falling Skies I am going to continue Aceman's hi-jack, I agree with Aceman. I believe a person should have all the personal freedom they are willing to accept the consequences for and I too am looking for a party that gives individual freedom more than lip service.

That means I'm against:

- Gun control. The NFA act of 1934 was unconstitutional and every gun control law enacted since is also. If you lose your civil rights (felony conviction) then you lose your gun rights too, otherwise totally open season.

- War on drugs, treat all of them the same as alcohol and let every non-violent drug offender out of jail. The war on drugs hasn't kept one person from getting their hands on drugs and it corrupts and poisons our criminal system and our neighboring countries. If you want to kill yourself with drugs that is your business.

- Social Engineering of any sort. The government has no business deciding who gets bonus points for anything (loans, jobs, college admission). Sex and marriage between consenting adults is nobodies business except the participants. You don't need a government license to enter into a legally binding contract, why do you need one to get married?

- Spending money you don't have. I don't do it and I don't want the government doing it for me. 100% of government spending should be re-authorized every term. As soon as the appropriations = income, no further appropriations are allowed. Why does our government do 90% of what it does? Because somebody once passed a law saying do it, and nothing ever goes away after being made into law. Why on earth do we still have federal wool and mohair subsidies?

I am totally for the 10th amendment. The federal government is limited to the powers enumerated in the Constitution and that is it. The commerce clause as currently interpreted is like an insurance company claiming that skin, bones and organs are pre-existing conditions that are not covered.

I also believe our governments foreign policy and military adventures should have one objective. Supporting the security, political and economic aims of the USA. Allies who are on our side matter so supporting them is in our best interest. Otherwise? Sorry you and your country sucks, but that is your problem to solve, not ours. Make it our problem and we will solve it in whatever manner benefits us the most.

I feel like I am at the end of a very long branch and there too many monkeys sawing if off behind me. I would very much like to climb down off of that tree. I wonder if anyone else feels the same way.

lawman800
06-27-2011, 23:31
So you guys are pretty much old school liberals or roughly modern day libertarians. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson would approve.

Dexters
06-28-2011, 09:33
I'm not warming up to the show. I think it is that the characters/actor are too predictable and each is obviously aimed at a specific demographic group.

Then there are some of the dumb things:
The 'skidders' look like they run around naked (do they even have a weapon?) yet the 'mechs' are armored. The 'skidders' can travel across the universe yet they haven't developed protective clothing like we have?

They captured a 'skidder' yet it doesn't have what our troops have - communications.

Steff1
06-28-2011, 10:03
Whats up with them collecting scrap metal in a style similar to the weekly garbage pickers ? Not very "high intelligence" like....

MajorAmby
06-28-2011, 10:21
Whats up with them collecting scrap metal in a style similar to the weekly garbage pickers ? Not very "high intelligence" like....
That's because they came to Earth to take over our recycling because we weren't doing such a great job.

Donn57
06-28-2011, 11:21
I'm not warming up to the show. I think it is that the characters/actor are too predictable and each is obviously aimed at a specific demographic group.

Then there are some of the dumb things:
The 'skidders' look like they run around naked (do they even have a weapon?) yet the 'mechs' are armored. The 'skidders' can travel across the universe yet they haven't developed protective clothing like we have?

They captured a 'skidder' yet it doesn't have what our troops have - communications.

You want aliens to just be weird looking humans. The skitters have no need for protective clothing. They have natural armor and small arms fire has little effect on them except at extremely close range. Wearing protective clothing is only necessary if you need protection.

Perhaps the skitters don't need any external communication devices because they communicate differently than humans - telepathy or a group consciousness, maybe. Or perhaps they have some type of implant that isn't visible externally.

I'm not even sure that the skitters are the aliens that developed the technology to travel across the universe. They could just be trained animals of the actual aliens. In the first show, someone questioned why the mechs are bi-pedal and skitters have six legs. Perhaps the actual aliens are bi-pedal as well and we just haven't seen them yet. Or not. Who knows?

Bilbo Bagins
06-28-2011, 11:57

Are you sure about that. Look at Battle LA, they came to take salt water from our oceans, since thjey can use it as a power source. Who knows what uses they have from scrap metal. Use slave labor to collect metal to make more mechs, to kill more humans.

crimsonaudio
06-28-2011, 12:05
Personally I thought Falling Skies was boring. I had great hopes, but it was pretty flat and not interesting at all.

Since I am bored by Falling Skies I am going to continue Aceman's hi-jack, I agree with Aceman. I believe a person should have all the personal freedom they are willing to accept the consequences for and I too am looking for a party that gives individual freedom more than lip service.

That means I'm against:

- Gun control. The NFA act of 1934 was unconstitutional and every gun control law enacted since is also. If you lose your civil rights (felony conviction) then you lose your gun rights too, otherwise totally open season.

- War on drugs, treat all of them the same as alcohol and let every non-violent drug offender out of jail. The war on drugs hasn't kept one person from getting their hands on drugs and it corrupts and poisons our criminal system and our neighboring countries. If you want to kill yourself with drugs that is your business.

- Social Engineering of any sort. The government has no business deciding who gets bonus points for anything (loans, jobs, college admission). Sex and marriage between consenting adults is nobodies business except the participants. You don't need a government license to enter into a legally binding contract, why do you need one to get married?

- Spending money you don't have. I don't do it and I don't want the government doing it for me. 100% of government spending should be re-authorized every term. As soon as the appropriations = income, no further appropriations are allowed. Why does our government do 90% of what it does? Because somebody once passed a law saying do it, and nothing ever goes away after being made into law. Why on earth do we still have federal wool and mohair subsidies?

I am totally for the 10th amendment. The federal government is limited to the powers enumerated in the Constitution and that is it. The commerce clause as currently interpreted is like an insurance company claiming that skin, bones and organs are pre-existing conditions that are not covered.

I also believe our governments foreign policy and military adventures should have one objective. Supporting the security, political and economic aims of the USA. Allies who are on our side matter so supporting them is in our best interest. Otherwise? Sorry you and your country sucks, but that is your problem to solve, not ours. Make it our problem and we will solve it in whatever manner benefits us the most.

I feel like I am at the end of a very long branch and there too many monkeys sawing if off behind me. I would very much like to climb down off of that tree. I wonder if anyone else feels the same way.
I hate to quote a huge post just to agree with it, but you nailed it top to bottom, thanks.

crimsonaudio
06-28-2011, 12:10
That's because they came to Earth to take over our recycling because we weren't doing such a great job.

:rofl:

Dexters
06-28-2011, 15:47
You want aliens to just be weird looking humans. The skitters have no need for protective clothing. They have natural armor and small arms fire has little effect on them except at extremely close range. Wearing protective clothing is only necessary if you need protection.
Maybe we're watching different shows. In the one I'm watching the "Skids" can have their head and leggs blown off.

Perhaps the skitters don't need any external communication devices because they communicate differently than humans - telepathy or a group consciousness, maybe. Or perhaps they have some type of implant that isn't visible externally.

Then why doesn't the 'Skid' captured communicate with its friend or have a location device on it?

I'm not even sure that the skitters are the aliens that developed the technology to travel across the universe. They could just be trained animals of the actual aliens. In the first show, someone questioned why the mechs are bi-pedal and skitters have six legs. Perhaps the actual aliens are bi-pedal as well and we just haven't seen them yet. Or not. Who knows?

And maybe if you bring the 'Skids' across the universe you would go to great lengths to protect it. I mean it takes time and resources to get it here.

Dexters
06-28-2011, 15:54

Since I am bored by Falling Skies I am going to continue Aceman's hi-jack, I agree with Aceman.

I agree with Steve Martin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBFrYGCU460

Dexters
06-28-2011, 16:02

There are only 7 plot lines in literature.

http://www.suite101.com/content/the-seven-basic-plots-a58402

lawman800
06-29-2011, 04:15
I don't know how you can fit a skid into that mech and how you would control the mech. Also, why would the mech have such great firepower while the skids are unarmed and use their claws or arms or whatever? They never heard of infantry? It's all unarmed combat with skids or heavy armor (tanks) with the mechs? Unless as someone said, the skids aren't the real aliens who are the intelligent ones in charge, but rather like a grunt class, sorta like HALO with all the different types of aliens. I don't think the skids are pets or hunting dogs or whatever, just a lower infantry class, maybe.

I also don't buy the convenient plot line where the son gets to live as a witness to the atrocity just because the director thinks killing the son this early would ruin the show. It shows how the aliens are just killing people left and right and they even dropped a big bomb on the outlaws in the field just because they sensed flares. So they see 2 more people with firearms after they assault a recycling group, and grab a kid, shoot at the mech, and yet, they just knock them out and send one back with a message that they kill humans? Gee... I didn't know they killed humans or used children as slaves... wow... that's a new one, those damn aliens!

It appears there is at least some type of rudimentary telepathic link. The drugged black kid wakes up when the alien wakes up, puts the harness back on, and you see him standing in front of the skid telling the dad to kill him in a semi-monotone (hypnotized?) voice, in the best robotic acting that the kid can muster up to simulate mind control. Then again, we'll find out more about this plot line next week.

Dexters
06-29-2011, 09:18
I don't know how you can fit a skid into that mech and how you would control the mech. Also, why would the mech have such great firepower while the skids are unarmed and use their claws or arms or whatever? They never heard of infantry? It's all unarmed combat with skids or heavy armor (tanks) with the mechs? Unless as someone said, the skids aren't the real aliens who are the intelligent ones in charge, but rather like a grunt class, sorta like HALO with all the different types of aliens. I don't think the skids are pets or hunting dogs or whatever, just a lower infantry class, maybe.

I also don't buy the convenient plot line where the son gets to live as a witness to the atrocity just because the director thinks killing the son this early would ruin the show. It shows how the aliens are just killing people left and right and they even dropped a big bomb on the outlaws in the field just because they sensed flares. So they see 2 more people with firearms after they assault a recycling group, and grab a kid, shoot at the mech, and yet, they just knock them out and send one back with a message that they kill humans? Gee... I didn't know they killed humans or used children as slaves... wow... that's a new one, those damn aliens!

It appears there is at least some type of rudimentary telepathic link. The drugged black kid wakes up when the alien wakes up, puts the harness back on, and you see him standing in front of the skid telling the dad to kill him in a semi-monotone (hypnotized?) voice, in the best robotic acting that the kid can muster up to simulate mind control. Then again, we'll find out more about this plot line next week.

You hit on some good points.
I think all the inconsistencies mentioned subtract/distract from the story.

For all the money they spend on the production of TV and movies it is not a good system for the actual writing. They pitch a TV show with a thin story line. When they begin production they might have 2 episodes written. While in production they write the others and do re-writes even as the episode is being taped. So, the details can get missed.

MajorAmby
06-29-2011, 09:52
I don't know how you can fit a skid into that mech and how you would control the mech.
That's because they're harnessing kids so that they have mech drivers. At least, that's my theory. Remember how the professor told the guy that one of the students was telling him about how we envision robots being like us (2 arms, 2 legs), and how their robots are nothing like them? Hmmm interesting... I'm sure there's some foreshadowing in there somewhere.

Donn57
06-29-2011, 10:22
Maybe we're watching different shows. In the one I'm watching the "Skids" can have their head and leggs blown off.

But only at extremely close range. And so far I haven't seen any skitters get their heads blown off. Our combat troops don't wear any protective clothing to protect their arms and legs either.

Then why doesn't the 'Skid' captured communicate with its friend or have a location device on it?

Maybe it does communicate but has no idea where it is. It was unconscious when brought in. But with the location device, you're changing the discussion. Do our troops wear location devices?

And maybe if you bring the 'Skids' across the universe you would go to great lengths to protect it. I mean it takes time and resources to get it here.

Maybe, maybe not. Perhaps they are grown quickly in the ships. But again, they seem to be at least as well protected as our own combat troops. Shoot a human arm at very close range with some 00 and see what happens to it.

Donn57
06-29-2011, 10:35

I never got the impression that there was actually anyone inside the mech. It is simply a robot. It either has artificial intelligence or is being controlled remotely. Apparently the skitters are quite effective against humans without the need for advanced weaponry.

This I agree with, but it is so common both in TV shows and movies that I can't really be too surprised or hold it against the writers. To your other point, the apparent reason behind letting the son live is so that he can warn the resistance that if one child is taken, the rest in that group will be killed. It wasn't to show that they kill humans or use children as slaves. As you said, that was well established.

I try not to read too much into previews. They often are not at all what they seem to be.

Donn57
06-29-2011, 10:40
That's because they're harnessing kids so that they have mech drivers. At least, that's my theory. Remember how the professor told the guy that one of the students was telling him about how we envision robots being like us (2 arms, 2 legs), and how their robots are nothing like them? Hmmm interesting... I'm sure there's some foreshadowing in there somewhere.

An interesting theory. I was under the impression that the mechs were just robots (thus the comparison with our robots to the mechs), but they could have drivers. They've blown up a couple, but don't seem interested in checking out the "remains". Time will tell.

My theory on the foreshadowing is that the skitters are not the actual aliens and that the aliens are more human like.

Dexters
06-29-2011, 12:40
My theory on the foreshadowing is that the skitters are not the actual aliens and that the aliens are more human like.

I would agree with that. There was dialog to the effect that the mechs are bipeds so maybe the designers are bipeds also. However, a robot biped locomotion is not the best for stability/balance or redundancy.

Dexters
06-29-2011, 12:48
But only at extremely close range. And so far I haven't seen any skitters get their heads blown off. Our combat troops don't wear any protective clothing to protect their arms and legs either.
Close range? You're pointing out another inconsistency. What difference does the range make?

But with the location device, you're changing the discussion. Do our troops wear location devices? No change - Our troops had real time video back to the White House in the Osama operations. If the aliens can cross the universe they can figure out their own GPS tracking or another location devise.

Maybe, maybe not. Perhaps they are grown quickly in the ships. But again, they seem to be at least as well protected as our own combat troops. Shoot a human arm at very close range with some 00 and see what happens to it.

They seem less protected, less supported, less well equipped, than our troops currently and especially when you consider the space travel and its related technology.

MajorAmby
06-29-2011, 13:11
An interesting theory. I was under the impression that the mechs were just robots (thus the comparison with our robots to the mechs), but they could have drivers. They've blown up a couple, but don't seem interested in checking out the "remains". Time will tell.

I like that theory. Maybe that also explains why the skitters are more like drones or grunts and don't really have weapons.

lawman800
06-29-2011, 13:32
Here's another angle on it. We are bipedal. But yet, what is out major obstacle when we make robots? Stability and locomotion. We have not been able to make a bipedal robot that can move with any sense of true bipedalism. That Honda robot can barely walk at a snail's pace.

So what do the aliens do? They make bipedal mechs that run and jump like the mechs in Avatar, which are piloted. Maybe I'm just used to the cartoon definition of mech which are piloted armor vehicles and not autonomous robots like the teminiators.

Dexters
06-29-2011, 17:48
I like that theory. Maybe that also explains why the skitters are more like drones or grunts and don't really have weapons.

When the children were killed by Mech, it appeared to me that the Mech started killing the children after the Skid got there - gave the order?

Donn57
06-29-2011, 22:42
No change - Our troops had real time video back to the White House in the Osama operations. If the aliens can cross the universe they can figure out their own GPS tracking or another location devise.

Come on, really? You're going to compare a mission like taking out OBL to everyday combat operations? I'm sure the aliens could easily figure out GPS tracking and a location device. They choose not to, just as our troops don't have tracking devices.

They seem less protected, less supported, less well equipped, than our troops currently and especially when you consider the space travel and its related technology.

They are no less protected. Their legs are vulnerable just as our soliders' legs, arms, neck, and face are vulnerable. The skitters' bodies seem to be impervious to small arms fire. The skitters don't need equipment. They are lethal without it. They are supported by the mechs.

Are the aliens waging the war the way humans would? No, but maybe that's part of what makes them A-L-I-E-N-S. Perhaps this way of doing things has been effective in the past for them. This is, after all, science F-I-C-T-I-O-N.

If I just wanted to see two armies battling it out using conventional warfare, I'd pick up a war movie.

Of course, we're also assuming that it is their main objective to wipe out the humans. Perhaps that's not the case. Perhaps wiping out the humans is secondary and they just use as few resources as necessary to keep the humans from interfering in whatever else it is they're trying to accomplish. A few mechs and a handful of skitters seems to be plenty to keep the humans at bay.

Anyway, if a few errors or inconsistencies were going to stop me from watching a TV show, I'd just throw my TV out the window because all shows suffer from that particular problem.

Dexters
06-30-2011, 08:59
Come on, really? You're going to compare a mission like taking out OBL to everyday combat operations? I'm sure the aliens could easily figure out GPS tracking and a location device. They choose not to, just as our troops don't have tracking devices.

Of course, things like GPS were unusual in the past but is everywhere now. If the aliens could navigate across the universe they should be able to track their personnel.

They are no less protected. Their legs are vulnerable just as our soliders' legs, arms, neck, and face are vulnerable. The skitters' bodies seem to be impervious to small arms fire. The skitters don't need equipment. They are lethal without it. They are supported by the mechs.

They don't even wear a helmet. What weapon do the skids have with them - I don't remember? They aren't always with the mechs.

Are the aliens waging the war the way humans would? No, but maybe that's part of what makes them A-L-I-E-N-S. Perhaps this way of doing things has been effective in the past for them. This is, after all, science F-I-C-T-I-O-N.

The inconsistencies subtract from drawing the viewer into the story.

Of course, we're also assuming that it is their main objective to wipe out the humans. Perhaps that's not the case. Perhaps wiping out the humans is secondary and they just use as few resources as necessary to keep the humans from interfering in whatever else it is they're trying to accomplish. A few mechs and a handful of skitters seems to be plenty to keep the humans at bay.

They could want small groups of adult humans around to have more children that the aliens could then take away and use. Something like H.G. Well's "Time Machine"

emt1581
07-16-2011, 22:06
I'm watching it now and I caught the end of another episode (where the guy jammed a rifle barrel into the caged alien's mouth).

Honestly, I'm not a fan of it. It's okay...but pales in comparison to The Walking Dead. October needs to hurry up and get here and I hope it's more than just a half-dozen episodes this time!!

Back to Falling Skies. If we're watching something with parasitic aliens attacking Earth and the S&P card is being played with any accuracy, I'd expect a LOT more in the way of homemade explosives, traps, etc...rather than a bunch of candid folks running around with rifles...

-Emt1581

FireForged
07-17-2011, 09:27
I am a sci-fi guy for sure but I just cant watch this show anymore. I mean, I realize its tv but things usually make sense within the context of the subject matter. Its like in one scene they use technical advisor to maintain believable continuity and then the next scene they just wing it. I would rather watch reruns of the old cartoon StarBlazers.

humanguerrilla
07-18-2011, 00:51
Watching it on demand, no appointment television the way I work. Good show. Moon Bloodgood as post apocalypse honey-doctor...say no more.

I can see where the aliens could be experimenting and it is hinted that there is likely another alien type and that this could even be just the first waves of an invasion force. The use of kids against the population is interesting.

TangoFoxtrot
07-18-2011, 02:33
I will be watching it for the first time today..DVRed it.

Longhammer
07-18-2011, 03:31
To me the best part of any alien, or zombie movie for that matter. Is when they get to my reflexes, and make me jump in my seat. I wonder if anyone has done a scientific study on the effects of getting spooked? Maybe they have already. And now they are doing more character development, based on some network attorney's legal advice. Still I watch.

Steff1
07-18-2011, 08:12
I am a sci-fi guy for sure but I just cant watch this show anymore. I mean, I realize its tv but things usually make sense within the context of the subject matter. Its like in one scene they use technical advisor to maintain believable continuity and then the next scene they just wing it. I would rather watch reruns of the old cartoon StarBlazers.

That ship was the bomb! What was it, a plasma drive cannon ?

FireForged
07-18-2011, 09:04
That ship was the bomb! What was it, a plasma drive cannon ?

Yeah, I liked that ship. It was "wave motion drive engine " and "primary pulse cannon". They even made a movie that was released around the same time as StarWars.

lawman800
07-18-2011, 09:19
The explosions on this show are some of the worst cgi ever.

Also, that's a lot of full auto weapons and ammo in the hands of the 54th Massachusetts, or whatever they are called.

Bilbo Bagins
07-18-2011, 09:27
Watching it on demand, no appointment television the way I work. Good show. Moon Bloodgood as post apocalypse honey-doctor...say no more.

I can see where the aliens could be experimenting and it is hinted that there is likely another alien type and that this could even be just the first waves of an invasion force. The use of kids against the population is interesting.

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking the the aliens need our kids. Last week when the saved the kids, they showed the one "Skidder" pet and get all motherly with the kids in the harness. Maybe the harness is the way they breed. They are parasites, and they need a host. They mentioned that some kids that were abducted for a short time, that have had the harness removed lost those spikes, while the ones who wore them longer still have them and seem more sympathic to the aliens.

Last night's episode was kind of cool with the other unit member suggesting they move the kids, then being a turncoat and trading them off to aliens.

lawman800
07-18-2011, 15:13
I think the harness actually starts a reaction which culminates in the kids becoming a skid sorta like how Wikus becomes a prawn in District 9.

That's why they hate us. We remind them of their lost humanity. Which is also the reason why all sorts of monsters which were once human, such as vampires or various ghostly manifestations, hate us.

Steff1
07-19-2011, 05:49
Yes, this is why they are so careful to acquire the kids without excessive harm. The aliens could have easily wiped out the "strong hold" at the school, but instead created a diversion with the mech. This also explains why the aliens are dealing with the guy from the other militia unit instead of destroying them too.

Steff1
07-19-2011, 05:52
The rescued kid even suggested that the aliens felt like "family" while he was tethered.

lawman800
07-19-2011, 14:12
So what you're saying is that the aliens flew millions of light years to start a war so they can bypass our byzantine and onerous adoption laws?

TangoFoxtrot
07-22-2011, 03:28
Yes, this is why they are so careful to acquire the kids without excessive harm. The aliens could have easily wiped out the "strong hold" at the school, but instead created a diversion with the mech. This also explains why the aliens are dealing with the guy from the other militia unit instead of destroying them too.

The guy dealing those kids out to the aliens should be skinned alive. This was the first episode I watched and I think I'll keep taping it.
I'll bet $20 that this show gets canceled like Jericho did on CBS.

emt1581
07-22-2011, 05:17
The guy dealing those kids out to the aliens should be skinned alive. This was the first episode I watched and I think I'll keep taping it.

I agree but it should be much quicker...unless Jericho only lasted one season as well. But if they just made the storyline somewhat more believable and allowed folks to in some way relate and connect to it I think it would do well. Maybe even use some disaster that already took place like Katrina and such... :dunno:

All I know is little green men doesn't work for a survival drama...especially a bunch of little green men that all look like Yoda.

-Emt1581

Dexters
07-22-2011, 06:51
I agree but it should be much quicker...unless Jericho only lasted one season as well. But if they just made the storyline somewhat more believable and allowed folks to in some way relate and connect to it I think it would do well. Maybe even use some disaster that already took place like Katrina and such... :dunno:

-Emt1581

I agree with you. The characters and situations in "The Walking Dead" seem more realistic (except for the zombies) than "Falling Skies".

Some of the things are just stupid. The humans shoot at the "mechs" yet shooting the mechs does not affect them. Why do they continue doing it? Would you? Didn't they read anything about IEDs used in Iraq and Afghanistan? How about using a pipe bomb. Things like that just take you out of the story.

lawman800
07-22-2011, 14:33
The zombies in Walking Dead are more realistic than some of the caricatures in Falling Skies. Is it just me or are Noah Wyle's kids getting annoying? The self-righteous oldest son can't act, the middle son (BEN) that just got rescued can't act, and the youngest son doesn't have to act.

The battle-toughened grizzle female character that ran with Pope is a rip off of Linda Hamilton's character in Terminator... tough but has a heart, but not given to socializing, but still has a tender backstory, but has to survive and has no time for BS... caricatures, I tell ya.

TangoFoxtrot
07-23-2011, 17:27
The zombies in Walking Dead are more realistic than some of the caricatures in Falling Skies. Is it just me or are Noah Wyle's kids getting annoying? The self-righteous oldest son can't act, the middle son (BEN) that just got rescued can't act, and the youngest son doesn't have to act.

The battle-toughened grizzle female character that ran with Pope is a rip off of Linda Hamilton's character in Terminator... tough but has a heart, but not given to socializing, but still has a tender backstory, but has to survive and has no time for BS... caricatures, I tell ya.

Zombies?...Realistic?????

lawman800
07-23-2011, 18:15
Zombies?...Realistic?????

In my hood, i see people that resemble those zombies way more than anyone in falling skies.:whistling:

wrenrj1
07-23-2011, 18:40
I'm gonna have to wait till the season comes out on Blu-Ray. I keep missing when it's on. By the way, when is it on?

Dexters
07-23-2011, 18:49
I'm gonna have to wait till the season comes out on Blu-Ray. I keep missing when it's on. By the way, when is it on?

You can watch it on line - search for Failing Skies full episodes.

TangoFoxtrot
07-25-2011, 02:48
I did, and now I'm all caught up.

Chuck TX
07-25-2011, 09:26
In my hood, i see people that resemble those zombies way more than anyone in falling skies.:whistling:

There are plenty of folks wandering around like the harness kids. Then again the harness kids are capable of performing at least menial tasks.

DoctaGlockta
07-25-2011, 09:47

Picked up for a 2nd season.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/07/falling-skies-picked-up-for-season-two/

fx77
07-25-2011, 12:53
Aren't the Harness Kids just young Democrat Libs?

Bilbo Bagins
07-25-2011, 12:59
So what you're saying is that the aliens flew millions of light years to start a war so they can bypass our byzantine and onerous adoption laws?

No Just like Porno for Pyros song, We Make Great Pets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpkmtweNQ-U

Skidders don't want old dogs, they want puppies :rofl:

Bilbo Bagins
07-25-2011, 13:08
Last night episode was kind of lame. So the ex-con criminal has an M1a, The Dad has a Ar, and the kid had an AK, and they had 6 bad guys in a cross fire. Ohh no we can't win, we need to surrender :whistling:

DoctaGlockta
07-25-2011, 14:20
Last night episode was kind of lame. So the ex-con criminal has an M1a, The Dad has a Ar, and the kid had an AK, and they had 6 bad guys in a cross fire. Ohh no we can't win, we need to surrender :whistling:

I thought the same thing. I liked the teaser about the half human/half skid creature during the next episode preview. I only caught the first bit of that as my DVR cut off the rest.

Black Smoke Trail
07-25-2011, 16:13
Aren't the Harness Kids just young Democrat Libs?

Highly likley HOWEVER they could just as easily be RINO-Republicans too. Same difference. :supergrin:

lawman800
07-25-2011, 21:42
The kids are young mind being molded by the supreme overlord aliens sort of like the self styled socialist dems who want to control everything. We do their menial tasks and they feed us and house us and pet us. It's just like our welfare system.

TangoFoxtrot
07-26-2011, 02:56
WOW I thought this was a thread about a TV show....sorry wrong thread.

lawman800
07-26-2011, 08:29
Life is a tv show.

Dexters
07-26-2011, 08:58
The kids are young mind being molded by the supreme overlord aliens sort of like the self styled socialist dems who want to control everything. We do their menial tasks and they feed us and house us and pet us. It's just like our welfare system.

The show is by S. Speilberg. I'm guessing he will come around to the idea we have something to learn from the aliens.

Remember what the kid said at his father's funeral? Something to the effect that we (the aliens) would not kill one of our own.