Wisconsin 49th State to allow Concealed Carry [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin 49th State to allow Concealed Carry

glockbob
06-21-2011, 17:19
Just heard on the WEAU 6 o'clock news that the WI State Assembly passed the concealed carry legislation. Now it just has to get signed into law by Gov. Walker.

I read that it will take 4 months for the law to go into effect after being signed by Walker.

Shadyscott69
06-21-2011, 17:21
Congrats!

SevenSixtyTwo
06-21-2011, 17:24
Great!!! Walmart's going to be packed!:supergrin:

stgha
06-21-2011, 17:25
Go Pack GO!!!!

SheepleNoMore
06-21-2011, 17:26
Those Anti's were intent on making it as painful as possible. Good for them. One more to go.

cowboywannabe
06-21-2011, 17:50
real ccw or may issue ccw? i mean new jerseystan has ccw......

xenophon
06-21-2011, 17:52
real ccw or may issue ccw? i mean new jerseystan has ccw......

REAL ccw. Probably top 5 in the nation now. Very few restrictions, and Florida like training requirements. $50 tops for a permit, issue in 21 days of receipt of paperwork and proof of training.

Hell, can even keep it in the car on company parking lot premises, even if they ban inside. Lots of goodies inside the passed bill.

as400guy1
06-21-2011, 17:53
As an Illinois resident, all I have to say is:
ARRRRRRGH!!!!

Lockback
06-21-2011, 18:49
Good for Wisconsin.
Welcome to reality.

cfec2008
06-21-2011, 18:53
That is great news for Wisconsin. Congradulations.

milje
06-21-2011, 19:05
Congrats!

Too bad it won't take effect for a few months. Just got my permit today and live 15 miles from the border. Oh well, soon enough!

geneo696
06-21-2011, 19:39
I hope its reciprocal with Minnesota, I am in and out of Wisconsin alot!

IndyGunFreak
06-21-2011, 20:26
REAL ccw. Probably top 5 in the nation now. Very few restrictions, and Florida like training requirements. $50 tops for a permit, issue in 21 days of receipt of paperwork and proof of training.

Hell, can even keep it in the car on company parking lot premises, even if they ban inside. Lots of goodies inside the passed bill.

Yup.... You guys ended up w/ a great law, and tackled a few things many states went for "afterwards", probably for the best considering how long it took you guys to get this far.....

I love the fact you have to be denied/issued in 21 days (after the first 45 day period). That really should give you guys one of the faster turnaround times on permits. I know there's a few states that you walk in, pay money, walk out w/ a permit.. but those are few and far between.

You all should really raise a toast to each other tonight.

IGF

kensteele
06-21-2011, 20:31
Congrats!

IndyGunFreak
06-21-2011, 20:33
As an Illinois resident, all I have to say is:
ARRRRRRGH!!!!

Hey... Don't get frustrated, if WI proves anything, it's that perseverance pays off.

You guys got a good bill in front of your legislator this year, and only came up about 10 votes short of it passing (despite the fact the Gov never would have signed it)...

Honestly, given the state of affairs in IL.. that's progress to build on

IGF

xenophon
06-21-2011, 20:40
Hey... Don't get frustrated, if WI proves anything, it's that you perseverance pays off.

You guys got a good bill in front of your legislator this year, and only came up about 10 votes short of it passing (despite the fact the Gov never would have signed it)...

Honestly, given the state of affairs in IL.. that's progress to build on

IGF

That's how it started in WI...just built up more and more every year. Until the tidal wave of 2011. We all felt the same way in WI when Minnesota passed their ccw law. Around that same time is when I believe Missouri passed also. We felt left out here and hopeless.

Looking back, I'm glad Sherman flipped his override veto vote. This bill passed today kicks that bills ASS.

Also wanted to add, thank you Obama and Pelosi for helping WI get a majority Repub. in the House, Senate, and a repub. Gov.

RyanBDawg
06-21-2011, 21:16
Suck it liberals and Brady bunch...

The argument is officially over.. Obama won't touch guns and Wisconsin joins 49 other states that already have carry permit laws on the books..

jobes
06-21-2011, 21:39
Nice going guys proud of all the hard work everyone put forward.

cowboywannabe
06-22-2011, 05:23
now if only the states that already have "ccw" cough cough....would actually have "ccw"....nj, md, ma, ca,.......

beforeobamabans
06-22-2011, 06:33
Liberty.....it feels good, doesn't it?

BailRecoveryAgent
06-22-2011, 08:46

Congrats and welcome to the party Wisconsin, even if you are showing up fashionably late!

Sounds like a good law, in WA, or at least in my county, they issue real fast, as in 2-3 business days with just a background check and fingerprints with no training requirements. I've heard of another county with an anti gun sheriff who only signs permits every couple months making people wait for long periods even though we're shall issue and they pass all the background stuff, so the 21 day or less stipulation will keep the wisconsin gun grabbing sheriffs/police chiefs from dragging out the issuing of permits.

Be prepared, the media is going to claim, if not try to guarantee that blood will run through the streets now everywhere in WI, I remember reading online all the crap that was published in the media when Iowa went shall issue.

BuckyP
06-22-2011, 09:27
Way to go, congrats.

now if only the states that already have "ccw" cough cough....would actually have "ccw"....nj, md, ma, ca,.......

The title is deceiving. What number state would this be for real ccw / shall issue?

WarEagle32
06-22-2011, 09:47
Congrats as well! Im sure you guys up there are stoked!

cowboywannabe
06-22-2011, 10:31
Way to go, congrats.

The title is deceiving. What number state would this be for real ccw / shall issue?

about 35....

cowboy1964
06-22-2011, 11:25
My company has an office in Wisconsin. Company policy prohibits weapons on their property, even in personal cars in the lot. Will be interesting to see if they acknowledge anything with this new law or just stay quiet.

rfb45colt
06-22-2011, 12:08
My company has an office in Wisconsin. Company policy prohibits weapons on their property, even in personal cars in the lot. Will be interesting to see if they acknowledge anything with this new law or just stay quiet.

The new WI law makes this an illegal practice. It goes further... if you use your personally owned vehicle for work, they CANNOT prohibit you from carrying in your own vehicle on company time.

Gunnut 45/454
06-22-2011, 12:14
rfb45colt
Thats great news for Pizza delivery folk's! Suck on that Pizza Hut,Domino's!:rofl: Yep the title is decieving cause there are some states that don't issue permits unless your a LEO, politician,judge etc!:whistling: Unless it's shall issue I don't consider them a CCW state!:steamed:

IndyGunFreak
06-22-2011, 12:21
about 35....

"Constitutional Carry States" -- 4 (when Wyomings law goes into effect next month)
Shall Issue --- 37
May Issue -- 8
No issue -- 1

IndyGunFreak
06-22-2011, 12:30
Unless it's shall issue I don't consider them a CCW state!:steamed:

There's one state that is "May Issue" but it seems all the sheriffs there are fair in how they issue permits (it's more or less shall issue)... and that's Alabama... but otherwise, I agree w/ you.

Getting permits in some "May Issue" states, like Hawaii, NJ, probably Maryland, takes extreme effort.

MJB
06-22-2011, 17:26
You can read about it here.

http://wisconsinconcealedcarry.com/

I really hope this puts more pressure on IL being last and all.

Congrats to Wisconsin!

ADK_40GLKr
06-22-2011, 18:17
Way to go, congrats.

Here's the answer, but you gotta count fast.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8/Rtc.gif

sharp
06-22-2011, 18:21
Congrats Cheeseheads!

pipedreams
06-22-2011, 18:34
Be prepared, the media is going to claim, if not try to guarantee that blood will run through the streets now everywhere in WI, I remember reading online all the crap that was published in the media when Iowa went shall issue.

Yes the papers will be filled with all sorts of nonsense for a few weeks and then it will die down. Some of the sheriffs in Iowa were really upset when they lost their power to turn down applications for any reason. It has been a few months since the law was passed in Iowa and so far no blood in the streets.

philipk
06-22-2011, 18:36
Also wanted to add, thank you Obama and Pelosi for helping WI get a majority Repub. in the House, Senate, and a repub. Gov.

Congrats to WI. I know how it feels living in OH. We had 2 anti-gun Republican governors who threaten to veto a CCW so the Republican legislature never passed a bill. It took a pro-gun Democrat and split legislature to finally sign a bill.

You guys got a much better law than we have in Ohio!!!!

However don't get too smug on the anti Obama backlash. There is growing backlash nationwide to what is happening with the new Republican Governors in WI and OH. I know many independents who right or wrong regret their votes last November for OH Governor. I sure the same is true in WI.

Get as many good laws passed like your CCW because this opportunity wouldn't last long in WI.