Anyone using the Troy 1-point sling? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using the Troy 1-point sling?

cooden
06-21-2011, 20:40
Anyone using this sling?

http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?cPath=62&products_id=423

If you have it, is it comfortable? Do you like it better than the Magpul MS2? If I have the ASAP plate, can I attach it to that? Does it seem well built?

It appeals to me because of that heavy padding that looks comfortable. That MS2 is just not comfortable for long periods of time. When I shoot the AR side matches for IPSC, if a lot of guys are shooting it, I take my rifle off because that MS2 just digs in. I never go to 2-point, just use the 1-point setup the whole time.

JASV.17
06-22-2011, 06:35
I do not have it, but yes, it will attach to your ASAP.

cooden
06-22-2011, 10:19
Thanks for the info! I am going to order one and see how it feels.

Mayhem like Me
06-22-2011, 17:35
I liked it but went to a Voodoo tactical single point because it has some give for muzzle strikes. You may not need that capability, the Troy is well built and a good value.

cooden
06-22-2011, 17:51
I liked it but went to a Voodoo tactical single point because it has some give for muzzle strikes. You may not need that capability, the Troy is well built and a good value.

When you say muzzle strikes, do you mean whacking someone with the muzzle? I dont have a need for that, but does the voodoo have any better cushioning than the Troy? I really want something comfortable to wear during my shoots & also something that I can move with when shooting the stages.

Mayhem like Me
06-22-2011, 18:46
yes the voodoo has elastic give to allow strikes on non compliant subjects. it is not as padded as the Troy, but I wear it over armor so it's a moot point.
here is a link, it is comfortable for me teaching all day when not wearing a vest.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/voodoo-tactical-single-point-sling.aspx?a=504888

cooden
06-22-2011, 20:32
allow strikes on non compliant subjects.

Non compliant, lol!! :nutcheck: I appreciate the suggestion. For my application, I want more padding--so the Troy is being ordered.

Mayhem like Me
06-23-2011, 13:35
Gotcha, I find the stifness of the Troy makes transitions a little awkward at times try it out.