Glock 4.5 connector and CCW [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 4.5 connector and CCW

GlockTalk9
06-23-2011, 03:59
Hi Mr. Massad Ayoob,

I have read through random sources on the internet claiming that there is a slight possibility that by altering your firearm, if used in a SD/HD situation, that it may back fire on you if the BG's lawyer finds out the "defender" was using a firearm that was modded "to easily kill". In this case, lightening the trigger. what is the truth behind all that? I am soon purchasing a baby Glock solely for CCW and love the OEM Glock 4.5 connector they offer stock in their competition models. I been shooting my G17 with the OEM 4.5 connector and I am much more accurate with it. I wanted to hear what you think on using this same connector in a G26 or G27?

Mas Ayoob
06-23-2011, 07:03
GT9, Glock recommends that the 3.5/4.5-lb connector only be used for recreational shooting, UNLESS it is combined with the NY-1 module which replaces standard trigger spring and brings total pull weight up to six pounds or so.

A lighter than factory spec trigger pull facilitates an umeritorious prosecution or a groundless lawsuit built on the false theory that you shot the attacker accidentally instead of intentionally. There is no such thing as a "justifiable accident."

In-depth discussion can be found here: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1259716

Note where the people who have experience dealing with this sort of thing in court come down on the issue.

best,
Mas