Yall have trouble conceal carrying a G30? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Yall have trouble conceal carrying a G30?

Judge Roy Bean
06-23-2011, 04:53
Darn thing is just too wide/heavy for summer conceal carry. Any suggestions?

BuckyP
06-23-2011, 05:45
Really, just find the right holster. I had a VM-2, which many think is THE holster, for my my G30 and it printed badly. Went to a lower in the waistband model and the gun disappears under a t shirt. As for heavy, it's still lighter most .45s.

Old pic, don't use the laser anymore.

http://www.pollardfamily.net/al/edcg30.jpg

lethal tupperwa
06-23-2011, 05:56
it would be hard to find a smaller, thinner more adjustable holster than this one.

J-hook

grip level with the belt in the appendix position.

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/K7.htm

dancingwolf
06-23-2011, 06:17
A Comp-Tac MTAC using a Wilderness 5-Stitch Instructor Belt at 3:30 works for me in concealing my G30 - everyday, all day.

DWARREN123
06-23-2011, 07:58
I carry a G22 or G20 and do not have much if any problem concealing them. Dress for it.

cowboy1964
06-23-2011, 10:33
A Glock 36, if you want to stay with ACP. A Glock 38 or 39, if you want to stay with .45 but can live with GAP.

A fully loaded G30 is almost 34 oz. That's my upper limit for a carry piece.

GunHo198
06-23-2011, 10:41
I just use the Fobus Paddle with a Polo shirt over it. If they can see an outline, then too bad. LOL Honestly though. My wife and friends hardley notice when I'm carrying.

CertifiedGunNut
06-23-2011, 10:51
I carry my government model 1911 in an alabama holster 360 model 16 hours a day. Very comfortable and conceals well with just a t-shirt. I waited a month and a half or so for it but it was well worth it. My friend carries a G29 which is the same size as yours in the 360 as well.

DarkBlade1000RR
06-23-2011, 11:04
I use either a Comptac Minotaur IWB or Crossbreed IWB when I carry my G30 or G29....lighter shorts I use Uncle Mike sidekick size 15 w/ my compact versions.....

tango44
06-23-2011, 11:12
http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/large/594/594181.jpg

No problems at all, here in sunny FL!

randyc74
06-23-2011, 16:46
I have no problem comfortably carrying and concealing a Glock 30. I do carry my G30 with a nine round magazine to cut down on butt length.

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy117/BulldogCustomGunLeather/Website%20Holsters/Glock30wBulldogSummerSpecial.jpg

GunHo198
06-23-2011, 16:56
I was lucky enough to find a 9 round mag just for that reason as well. Haunt used it yet. But it's a great thing to have a choice depending on the clothes your wearing.

tankermw
06-23-2011, 17:34
I carry my government model 1911 in an alabama holster 360 model 16 hours a day. Very comfortable and conceals well with just a t-shirt. I waited a month and a half or so for it but it was well worth it. My friend carries a G29 which is the same size as yours in the 360 as well.

GREAT company!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great product!!

Maine1
06-23-2011, 17:53
G-20, actually. No real problems.

swinokur
06-23-2011, 18:37
CBST. Maximum cant. no problem,

Phantom465
06-23-2011, 18:56
It depends on the individual body type. I carry my G30 at the 1:00 position with one of these. I have to remember to stand up strait and tall. If I slouch, my belly will stick out a little, which pushes the butt of the gun out, making it print.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Public_Secret_w_clip/public_secret_w_clip.html

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/Public%20Secret%20Clip%20HH%20Miva.jpg

Judge Roy Bean
06-24-2011, 04:56
Sorry yall, thought this thread got burried.

I should have stated what holster and/or how I carry.

G30

Comptac infidel holster

1.50 thick leather belt.

It may just be the way my body is set up (have no ass). Or the fact that I have to wear athletic type polo shirts, which print really bad. Constantly having to pull my pants up, and I sinch the belt really tight.

Looked at some 26's and 19's yesterday, but really like my 30.

Yall think one of their mtac's or other more substantial holsters will help me out?

Thanks to yall for the suggestions.

swinokur
06-24-2011, 05:17
What brand of belt? There is a difference between a thick leather belt and a gun belt. It needs to be very stiff as well as thick.

www.thebeltman.net

IndyGunFreak
06-24-2011, 05:51
Darn thing is just too wide/heavy for summer conceal carry. Any suggestions?

My first question would be what gear are you using, mainly, are you using a GUN BELT. It's not a difficult gun to conceal.

Edit: Sorry, missed your second post.... I'd bet dollars to donuts, you're calling a "Thick Leather Belt" something you got at Wal Mart or Tractor Supply... That's your problem most likely. The differences between a 19 and 30, while it "feels" like a lot, on paper, they are very similarly sized guns...

Judge Roy Bean
06-24-2011, 05:53
What brand of belt? There is a difference between a thick leather belt and a gun belt. It needs to be very stiff as well as thick.

www.thebeltman.net (http://www.thebeltman.net)

It is a dilliards leather belt. And you are probably right. It is thick, but not that stiff.

I actually downloaded my mag to just 5 rounds of 45 ACP gold dot because I was starting to look like the saggy pants feller from another thread.

I'm sure no one really notices the printing in my normal clothes, but it is more than apparent in my work shirt.

Judge Roy Bean
06-24-2011, 05:55
My first question would be what gear are you using, mainly, are you using a GUN BELT. It's not a difficult gun to conceal.

Edit: Sorry, missed your second post.... I'd bet dollars to donuts, you're calling a "Thick Leather Belt" something you got at Wal Mart or Tractor Supply... That's your problem most likely.

You sir have a shipment of donuts on the way.:supergrin:

I am new to CCing. Its my first week with my liscence, and am still in the process of learning. Go easy on me guys.:wavey:

IndyGunFreak
06-24-2011, 05:57
Constantly having to pull my pants up, and I sinch the belt really tight.

Don't need to hear anymore, it's your belt,

thebeltman.net

Or if you like Comptac (I love them) they have an excellent carry belt for about the same price.

If those are out of your price range, look at a Wilderness Instructor.

http://www.thewilderness.com/storepinnacle/index.php?p=product&id=2476&parent=142

IndyGunFreak
06-24-2011, 06:01
You sir have a shipment of donuts on the way.:supergrin:

I am new to CCing. Its my first week with my liscence, and am still in the process of learning. Go easy on me guys.:wavey:

It's a common mistake, people spend money on a nice gun, and a nice holster, then can't understand why things are so uncomfortable when they are carrying it on their Wal Mart Carhart belt... This is a common thread for noobs on gun forums, and if most of us are honest, we probably did it to (I know I did)..

IGF

BuckyP
06-24-2011, 06:04
As mentioned, the belt is the first place to start. Also, if you are really slender, the location you carry may have to be considered. Have a friend that is thin as a rail. Had a heck of a time concealing, until he tried the 4:30 - 5:00 position. That really works well for him. Could work well on an "assless" body shape too. YMMV.

BailRecoveryAgent
06-24-2011, 12:05
It's a common mistake, people spend money on a nice gun, and a nice holster, then can't understand why things are so uncomfortable when they are carrying it on their Wal Mart Carhart belt... This is a common thread for noobs on gun forums, and if most of us are honest, we probably did it to (I know I did)..

IGF

Me too, it took me several years before I bought a gun belt, and now realize that a gun belt is far more important than what holster you use.

I just dealt with the sagging pants problem by doing the walk and pull...walk a few steps, pull up pants, walk a few more steps, pull up pants again. With my CompTac belt, I only have to adjust it when I've been sitting in the car or at church for a while. But with a butt that is proportionately smaller than the rest of me, I've always had to readjust my pants when I stand up after sitting a while.

Glock21sf-miami
06-26-2011, 21:24
I have a suggestion: G36

I got made at work wearing my G30 in a CB Supertuck. I had to change to a G36 in a Smartcarry and have never had a problem. I carry it everyday....