Civil Immunity 4.5lb connectors [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Civil Immunity 4.5lb connectors

NAC
06-23-2011, 14:38
Mas,
This question is somewhat linked to another here in GATE, I know your answer in regard to just using a 4.5 connector without the NY1 spring for CCW. I personally just carry the factory connector.

My question is, in a state such as mine AZ, there is a civil immunity statute on the books. ARS 13-413 stipulates that no person will be subject to civil penalty when force has been deemed justified under state statute. If one was in a good, clean shoot ruled justifiable would it matter that one had a 4.5 connector in based on our immunity statute?

My particular county (Maricopa) is very pro-self defense. We've had several SD shootings here within the last year that would probably have been prosecuted in less enlightened municipalities, but have been good shoots here.

Regards
NAC

Mas Ayoob
06-23-2011, 18:11
NAC, if the plaintiff's lawyer presents a theory of negligence in which he claims you unintentionally discharged the gun, he's through the loophole in most of the civil liability protection legislation. Having installed or having caused to be installed a trigger lighter than the factory recommends, would play right into his hands.

I think you were wise to stay with the stock trigger.

best,
mas