this sucks [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : this sucks

cfec2008
06-23-2011, 21:37
I looked at a built upper on bcm website...16 cold hammer forged ..gas tube...a2 font sight...delta ring assembly..flash hider...bcm upper...equals 489 bucks... so i went and looked up how much it would cost me to assemble that myself and it would be at least 51 dollars more. reason that sucks is because id love to build a second ar. but id basically be wasting more that 50 dollars to do so.

ColdBlooded
06-23-2011, 21:54
It only sucks because you are looking at quality parts at some of the best consumer prices period. Order those same parts from a "typical" local shop, add tax, and any special ordering fees/wait time, and you could buy two BCMs. Blame BCM for having aggressive pricing and an excellent product.

boomhower
06-23-2011, 22:46
How is it bad? You getting quality parts for cheaper than it would cost to do it yourself and you don't have to supply the labor. If you just like putting them together, take it apart and put it back together when it comes in. :tongueout:

cyrsequipment
06-24-2011, 05:35
Buy the complete upper... take it all apart, and "build" it from those parts...

Problem solved...

BBJones
06-24-2011, 11:05
Buy the complete upper... take it all apart, and "build" it from those parts...

Problem solved...

You forgot some steps:
Order upper.
disassemble upper.
acquire 10 boxes.
Pack your parts in the boxes.
Ship the boxes to yourself.
open boxes.
then reassemble.

Only reason to build is you want to put together an upper that you can't acquire assembled or you are salvaging some parts you already have. Didn't you just assemble your first AR in the last couple weeks? Already time for another? Maybe get a 5k rounds through your first then decide what you want in a second. You can learn alot about what you like and dislike by shooting.

cfec2008
06-24-2011, 16:04
You forgot some steps:
Order upper.
disassemble upper.
acquire 10 boxes.
Pack your parts in the boxes.
Ship the boxes to yourself.
open boxes.
then reassemble.

Only reason to build is you want to put together an upper that you can't acquire assembled or you are salvaging some parts you already have. Didn't you just assemble your first AR in the last couple weeks? Already time for another? Maybe get a 5k rounds through your first then decide what you want in a second. You can learn alot about what you like and dislike by shooting.

I just wanted to do it myself.. I bought the tools to do my last build which was my first so i might as well use them. Anyway the comments are pretty funny tho. I get it.

cooden
06-24-2011, 20:19
I looked at a built upper on bcm website...16 cold hammer forged ..gas tube...a2 font sight...delta ring assembly..flash hider...bcm upper...equals 489 bucks... so i went and looked up how much it would cost me to assemble that myself and it would be at least 51 dollars more. reason that sucks is because id love to build a second ar. but id basically be wasting more that 50 dollars to do so.

I'd say $50 is pretty damn cheap! :dunno: