LaRue or J P Enterprises [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LaRue or J P Enterprises

TexasVine
06-24-2011, 07:55
About to order a Larue and came across a brand new J P Enterprises AR15. Any opinions on how the two compare against each other? What quality is J.P Enterprises versus LaRue?
Thanks

Clint-M
06-24-2011, 08:08
Which LaRue are you talking about and what do you want to do with it?

CM

Hoser
06-24-2011, 08:08
If your end use is IPSC type shooting I would grab the JP as they are a little more tailored to that type of shooting. I own two CTRs and love them. But I do own an OBR in 556 and 308 and they are also fine rifles for IPSC once you add a brake.

TexasVine
06-24-2011, 08:28
Which LaRue are you talking about and what do you want to do with it?

CM

A this point I have decided on a model other than a 16 inch in 223/556. I was wanting to know how the two in general stacked up against each other. As far as application plinking and hog hunting for now, maybe competing later.
Thanks

Clint-M
06-24-2011, 08:52
I don't know much about JP, but here's my thoughts on LaRue.

For a competition rifle a LaRue would not be your best bet. I'm a huge LaRue fan, but their two complete rifles, the OBR and predatAR, are not designed to be competition rifles. The OBR is a precision rifle and has 10 MOA built into the top rail while the predatAR is a lightweight designed more for hunting, not rapid fire heating up the barrel and possibly effecting accuracy. Depending on your level of experience with rifle shooting, these differences could make a difference in your ability as a shooter, but they are negligible to a new shooter.

Now with that said, LaRue's rifles are still top of the line and can compete with any other brand in quality and customer service. For a hunting rifle they are both fantastic shooters and for plinking you won't find a much more reliable weapon system.

Another company you might want to take a serious look at is BCM. Just search the forum and their website and you'll find tons of information on them.

CM

jem375
06-24-2011, 13:01
Get the JP, very good rifles and a good company to deal with....

TexasVine
06-24-2011, 14:54
Decided to go with the JP-15/VTAC Kyle Lamb Signature Rifle from J.P. Enterprises. Found one on the shelf, so no wait. Will pick up the gun Tuesday! Thanks for the feedback.

MrMurphy
06-24-2011, 14:54
JP's are good competition pieces. I know JP personally though not well and his company builds solid stuff.

LT rifles will do anything you want to do assuming it meets the original specifications.

The 5.56 OBR does not have the 20 MOA cant. 10 MOA is somewhat annoying but not 'bad' and don't forget the Stealth uppers. Finishing off a Stealth lower would give you a complete rifle just not all at once.

G27RR
06-24-2011, 16:03
Why would 10MOA be annoying? If you are using irons, the rear fits on a 0 MOA portion of the rail and it doesn't affect aything. If using a scope or other optic, it gives you additional elevation range. You shouldn't have to be changing your zero all the time, so it's a one or maybe a few time deal. :dunno: