Illinois Glockers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Glockers

hddave
06-24-2011, 08:16
Are there any other Il. glockers out there? Me Naperville Il. Would like to meet other like minded people. Me G 17 rtf3, G19 gen 4, G 36.

magnumsales
06-27-2011, 21:18
I am in Grayslake and Glock is my pistol of choice in most circumstances. My dad and I are working on setting up a "non-traditional" gun store. We have our FFL and are doing some online sales as well as transfers for a couple big buyers but haven't found the right place for a storefront yet. We teach NRA firearm classes at Bass Pro in Gurnee as well. Hit me up if you want to shoot sometime or if you are looking for something new to take to the range.

VN350X10
07-24-2011, 19:04
I've been here before.....
I am a member of a USPSA affiliated club, based in McHenry, IL. We're not shooting right now, as we take a summer hiatius, but shoot Sept. thru May, indoors.
Questions, PM me.

uncle albert

REDNOSEPITTBULL74
08-02-2011, 17:17
Batavia il....G23 and G19

mt920
08-03-2011, 06:27
Glock 22 and 26 for me. I'm in the burbs a few miles west of Chicago. I'm looking to add the 21 to the list.

RandyK
08-08-2011, 09:21
I'm in Plainfield (right next door) and shoot a G34.

PSYCHOFREAK3
08-08-2011, 13:27
Loves Park, IL Glock 19 gen 3. Would love to find some people around that enjoy shooting, and magnum sales, depending on where you place your storefront you may have a customer already as I don't like any of the shops around me.

RandyK
08-12-2011, 10:04
Are there any other Il. glockers out there? Me Naperville Il. Would like to meet other like minded people. Me G 17 rtf3, G19 gen 4, G 36.

I'm in Plainfield, immediately south of Naperville.:wavey: I shoot a G34.

I've been trying to find someplace I can shoot my Glock inexpensively. I hate the indoor range fees and having to buy your ammo there. Once in a while I can get on a police range with my brother and bring my ammo from Wally World.

Otherwise I get out most weekends to shoot trap at a public range in Yorkville. (Shotguns only.)

REDNOSEPITTBULL74
08-13-2011, 11:09
you try shooting at mega sports?im almost sure you can bring out your own ammo...its located in plainfield

Mochahooligan
08-14-2011, 17:36
Bloomingdale here!

volsbear
08-19-2011, 10:48
I'm in Plainfield, immediately south of Naperville.:wavey: I shoot a G34.

I've been trying to find someplace I can shoot my Glock inexpensively. I hate the indoor range fees and having to buy your ammo there. Once in a while I can get on a police range with my brother and bring my ammo from Wally World.

Otherwise I get out most weekends to shoot trap at a public range in Yorkville. (Shotguns only.)

Rink's in Lockport on Route 171 just southwest of I-55. I think it's still $8.00 to shoot.

I'm just southeast of Complainfield.

volsbear
08-19-2011, 10:49
you try shooting at mega sports?im almost sure you can bring out your own ammo...its located in plainfield

It's also like $25 and you could wait for hours to get a spot. Mega Sports has great selection, but they can be uppity at times. Ammo prices are a genuine fisting.

REDNOSEPITTBULL74
08-19-2011, 18:57
yeah there's a place in aurora also called jrs.it has indoor rifle range,but only American ammo is allowed,and they are real dickk heads there

jcsd2407
08-22-2011, 18:18
Checking in from Southern Illinois with a G22 and G27.

RLee3
11-04-2011, 01:53
Barrington here!(NW Burbs) I own Glock Krieg and specialize in Glock Parts and Accessories. I do all the local shows and work on the guns when I am there. I am a Glock armorer and a NRA Instructor so if there is anything I can do for you please let me know! Check out my website www.GlockKrieg.com (http://www.GlockKrieg.com) I will be at the show in Wheaton on 11/6 I hope to see you guys there!!!

varmint6
11-05-2011, 22:53
Hey R. Lee You sell any refurbs? Im just east of Joliet.

Mochahooligan
11-06-2011, 17:52
Varmmint I saw at a LEO store last week some police trade ins. G21's Gen 2 and 3 with NS and 3 mags for $325.00 plus tax! I didnt get one got a few other things going. But they said that they are trade ins and they can sell to non LE! Just lettin you know. FYI it is Ray O' Herron co in Lombard on Roosevelt rd.

VN350X10
11-06-2011, 19:10
I met RLee3 a few gun shows ago....seems like a good dude !
I'll look him up next show I see him & formally introduce myself

uncle albert

ChadN.
11-16-2011, 12:16
Chicago here, with a gen4 G19. Yes, I've had to go thru hoops to legally own one in my house for self-defense. :steamed:

jbp84
11-20-2011, 21:05
Looks like me and jcsd2407 are the only Glockers not in the Chicagoland area. I come up to that area quite a bit though. My best friend from college lives in Elgin and has family in Crystal Lake. I've got friends in Aurora and Plainfield, too.

I just bought a G17 OD. Patiently awaiting it's arrival!

Reaper19
11-22-2011, 15:28
I recently moved down from MN, currently in Bolingbrook.

I have tried a few ranges, JR's, Mega, and Rinks. Now Rinks is the only one I go to. The only down side, it's a smaller range that doesn't allow rifles. But the price is right, and with the exception of one guy there is nice helpful people there. (Theres always "that guy" at any gun store/range.)

G19

volsbear
11-23-2011, 01:12
I recently moved down from MN, currently in Bolingbrook.

I have tried a few ranges, JR's, Mega, and Rinks. Now Rinks is the only one I go to. The only down side, it's a smaller range that doesn't allow rifles. But the price is right, and with the exception of one guy there is nice helpful people there. (Theres always "that guy" at any gun store/range.)

G19

Rink's is definitely good people.

You can always try Midwest Sporting Goods in Lyons, IL. Ok people, ok range. And if you like used stuff, they turn over quite a few used guns at really reasonable prices.

Colt452zigzag28
11-23-2011, 01:56
Lombard, IL and I have a Gen4 G22..Rinks is by far my favorite place to go. $9.00 to shoot and bring your own ammo. The people are iffy from time to time. I also get many weird looks for wearing a holster while on the range but hey I don't care. I buy almost all my ammo from walmart and just head there. Lombard is actually opening up a range off of North Ave. Nice older guys running it. It will be $21 to shoot which is kinda pricy but If you have rifles as well definitely worth it. I've been to most of the ranges out by the burbs and by far rinks is the best for the price. JR's is pretty expensive and haven't been back there in a few years. Midwest Sports is full of knowledgeable people but haven't had the chance to get on their range. Once I get done with school I will probably be at rinks a good amount starting in Jan.

Colt452zigzag28
11-24-2011, 00:37
New update...I guess it's against the rules to wear a holster on the range at Rinks and just told yesterday after I've been wearing it every time I went. Like I said People are iffy...

RLee3
12-01-2011, 08:41
I do but I am very selective on what I bring in. The refurb I have now is a G21 with N/S and looks brand new...
Robert@GlockKrieg.com
561-351-6177

volsbear
12-01-2011, 18:11
Rink's got popped a couple of weeks ago for 12 AR-15s and a large number of pistols.

pm666
12-01-2011, 18:15
Does "popped" mean stolen?

cola490
12-01-2011, 20:17
Hello from Vernon Hills,good luck with the store.

CaptainXL
12-07-2011, 12:25
MY PERSONAL OPINIONS
Rink's (N of Lockport on IL 171) is a cheap place to shoot but the ventalating system sucks. Gets real smokey in there when there are more than just a couple of shooters. The lighting on the range is VERY DIM. I am personnally undecided if the dim lighting is a plus or minus. Manual rope target returns that are getting pretty worn out. Nice people in the store and the prices are very fair on pretty much everything.

Mega Sports (US Route 30 between I55 & Plainfield). Very nice range with good lighting and electric target returns. Clean and well ventilated without any smoke no matter how many shooters are on the range. Pricey. $24 (Note - ISRA newspaper always has a $2 off coupon for the range on the Mega Sports Ad.) YOU MUST BUY AT LEAST ONE TARGET FROM THEM. (When that target gets shot up I tape my own target over the Mega Sports target.) You are not required to buy ammo from them but if you buy a box you get a discount off of the range fee ($2 I think). Reloads not allowed. Store prices have come down in the past year but are not as good as Rink's. Mega Sports has started construction on a HUGE addition to the building.

CaptainXL
12-07-2011, 12:44
I didn't hear about Rink's missing firearms. Iassume you meant they got burgalurized. They're going to have a ton of ATF paperwork to do. Feel sorry for them and what they will have to go through.

CrookCounty
12-18-2011, 13:33
New Glock 19 Gen 4 guy here...well I will actually have it when my FOID finally comes in! Just got my GSSF card in the mail which included the rebate card so I am all set....just waiting on ISP once again! Living in Chicago so will be at Midwest Guns and Maxon range in Des Plaines (where I will be storing my Glock so I don't have to jump through the Chicago hoops)

jbp84
12-18-2011, 18:29
New Glock 19 Gen 4 guy here...well I will actually have it when my FOID finally comes in! Just got my GSSF card in the mail which included the rebate card so I am all set....just waiting on ISP once again! Living in Chicago so will be at Midwest Guns and Maxon range in Des Plaines (where I will be storing my Glock so I don't have to jump through the Chicago hoops)

Welcome! Good luck with the ISP. It took me 3 months to get my FOID. I was happier than a kid at Christmas when I finally got mine.

volsbear
12-18-2011, 18:38
MY PERSONAL OPINIONS
Rink's (N of Lockport on IL 171) is a cheap place to shoot but the ventalating system sucks. Gets real smokey in there when there are more than just a couple of shooters. The lighting on the range is VERY DIM. I am personnally undecided if the dim lighting is a plus or minus. Manual rope target returns that are getting pretty worn out. Nice people in the store and the prices are very fair on pretty much everything.

Mega Sports (US Route 30 between I55 & Plainfield). Very nice range with good lighting and electric target returns. Clean and well ventilated without any smoke no matter how many shooters are on the range. Pricey. $24 (Note - ISRA newspaper always has a $2 off coupon for the range on the Mega Sports Ad.) YOU MUST BUY AT LEAST ONE TARGET FROM THEM. (When that target gets shot up I tape my own target over the Mega Sports target.) You are not required to buy ammo from them but if you buy a box you get a discount off of the range fee ($2 I think). Reloads not allowed. Store prices have come down in the past year but are not as good as Rink's. Mega Sports has started construction on a HUGE addition to the building.

I was at Rink's for about 90 minutes on December 9th. There was a full house with only one open lane and I didn't notice the smoke. And that was with some pretty big calibers being fired including .357 and a .44. With all the Blazer that my buddy was shooting with his .357, I expected lots more haze in the range. But also, I'm not picky. As for the lighting, I actually prefer it compared to places like Mega. Environments like MegaSports simply do not give shooters an opportunity to improve their skills in low light situations. At Rink's, I purposely position targets in the dark and I always spend about 5-8 magazines doing work with the flashlight. While both ranges prohibit "rapid fire," the boys at Rink's seem okay with a responsible double tap. And speaking of the boys at Rink's - they're just good people. While I dig the selection at MegaSports, I've only met one salesman who wasn't a pretentious prick. They all seem to think their poop don't stink, even the one that lectured me on the proper way to assemble a 1911 despite the idiot mark he so deeply engraved on it. And in the end, $9 at Rink's is just damn reasonable.

I didn't hear about Rink's missing firearms. Iassume you meant they got burgalurized. They're going to have a ton of ATF paperwork to do. Feel sorry for them and what they will have to go through.

Yes, burglarized. About a dozen AR-15s and almost as many handguns. Old man Rink will go blind on the paperwork.

Actually, shortly after Rink's got a hit, a small shop in New Lenox got hit for about a dozen or so guns (mostly pistols).

I have not heard anything about whether or not any paperwork was stolen during those burglaries, but hopefully they'd advertise it if some was taken. That would be a HUGE problem.

CrookCounty
12-18-2011, 22:53
Welcome! Good luck with the ISP. It took me 3 months to get my FOID. I was happier than a kid at Christmas when I finally got mine.

Oh man...I am itching to get that FOID card...already stocked up on WWB from Wisconsin trip this weekend!!! This ISP crap is a drag...everyone else I tell about the FOID card laughs at me and just says...MOVE!!! I wish I could :(

jbp84
12-19-2011, 11:19
If it takes longer than 30 days after the check clears your bank, call your ISP district headquarters and ask for the records office. They can patch you directly to the FOID office. I tried calling the number on their website every day for a week and all I got was a dial tone.

Not to scare you...lol. I hope yours goes through sooner than mine did!

CrookCounty
12-19-2011, 14:22
If it takes longer than 30 days after the check clears your bank, call your ISP district headquarters and ask for the records office. They can patch you directly to the FOID office. I tried calling the number on their website every day for a week and all I got was a dial tone.

Not to scare you...lol. I hope yours goes through sooner than mine did!

Thanks for the info...just checked the mail again hoping to get a nice SURPRISE...but no luck Gotta love IL, wait over 30 days for the FOID then once you get it..pay for your new firearm and THEN wait another 3 days...kinda takes the fun out of it :steamed:

the iceman
12-19-2011, 18:15
Thanks for the info...just checked the mail again hoping to get a nice SURPRISE...but no luck Gotta love IL, wait over 30 days for the FOID then once you get it..pay for your new firearm and THEN wait another 3 days...kinda takes the fun out of it :steamed:

The FOID card can suck the fun out of anything. What's ironic is we have to pay $10 and wait a few weeks before we get a card that gives us pemission to exercise our 2nd amendment rights.

Mine expires in about 6 weeks and I haven't gotten around to renewing it yet. Should it expire while I am waiting, that automatically makes me a criminal. God forbid I have to use it for home defense during that time.

This state is so backwards. :faint:

jbp84
12-19-2011, 19:38
The FOID card can suck the fun out of anything. What's ironic is we have to pay $10 and wait a few weeks before we get a card that gives us pemission to exercise our 2nd amendment rights.

Mine expires in about 6 weeks and I haven't gotten around to renewing it yet. Should it expire while I am waiting, that automatically makes me a criminal. God forbid I have to use it for home defense during that time.

This state is so backwards. :faint:

Yeah, that's a chitty situation. I hope you get yours in time. In fairness, part of why my FOID took so long is because I forgot to sign it when I first applied back in September. But, I signed it and mailed it back, then waited almost 2 months after that to get it. When I finally got a hold of a real human being they said that basically my application was "forgotten about". WTF? I think most people do get it in 30 days, more or less, but that's still an enormous PITA.

What I don't get is the schizophrenic nature of gun laws in Illinois. We get criticized for being the worst 2nd amendment state, but other than no CCW, which I admit is probably the MAJOR reason we get criticized so much (and rightly so), our gun laws don't seem as bad as some other states. There are states with much longer waiting periods, some states have requirements for registering your specific guns, Illinois doesn't have any restrictions on magazine capacity, etc. Heck, we even have adopted the "Castle Doctrine", and some states haven't.

Other than not allowing CCW, some of Illinois' gun laws seem better than California, Hawaii, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Massachusetts...and quite a few states have what seems like similar FOID-style permits for purchasing weapons. So is it our statewide lack of CCW, and Cook County's messed up laws, that gives the whole state a bad name?

CrookCounty
12-19-2011, 22:37
So is it our statewide lack of CCW, and Cook County's messed up laws, that gives the whole state a bad name?

Pretty much...but also like living in Chicago and I have have my firearm in "Broke Down" condition when I enter the city limits, then I can reassemble it in my home. But if I want to go to the range I will have to break the gun down again, before i walk out of my home, put it in the car, then drive out of the city to find a range, then reassemble and continue the cycle every time...thats sucks!

but whatever...soon we will have CCW just like everyone else and all will be well....nothing lasts forever

as400guy1
12-20-2011, 17:56
Renewed my FOID this past summer. Took only three weeks. I just jhate the picture though....they use your DL picture even though you send one in with your application.

bobcatseger
12-20-2011, 19:08
Hello, From 35 miles NW of Peoria, IL..........I sport a G19, G23C and soon a G21 Gen4.................................

the iceman
12-21-2011, 08:03
Yeah, that's a chitty situation. I hope you get yours in time. In fairness, part of why my FOID took so long is because I forgot to sign it when I first applied back in September. But, I signed it and mailed it back, then waited almost 2 months after that to get it. When I finally got a hold of a real human being they said that basically my application was "forgotten about". WTF? I think most people do get it in 30 days, more or less, but that's still an enormous PITA.

What I don't get is the schizophrenic nature of gun laws in Illinois. We get criticized for being the worst 2nd amendment state, but other than no CCW, which I admit is probably the MAJOR reason we get criticized so much (and rightly so), our gun laws don't seem as bad as some other states. There are states with much longer waiting periods, some states have requirements for registering your specific guns, Illinois doesn't have any restrictions on magazine capacity, etc. Heck, we even have adopted the "Castle Doctrine", and some states haven't.

Other than not allowing CCW, some of Illinois' gun laws seem better than California, Hawaii, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Massachusetts...and quite a few states have what seems like similar FOID-style permits for purchasing weapons. So is it our statewide lack of CCW, and Cook County's messed up laws, that gives the whole state a bad name?

Yeah, you're right. We have it better than some states which is completely surprising. The CCW thing really bothers me. Us citizens cannot protect ourselves because Chicago can't control their residents. And because Chicago is so big, it's a no win situation for the rest of Illinois. I can't imagine how people in the southern part of the state feel about it. Besides the CCW, I would really like to have an SBR and that will never happen here.

I'm going to get my application in this week. The photo is what is holding me back. The FOID is still a pain though.

ilovemyglock.com
12-21-2011, 20:58
glockpolishing checking in from Homewood, IL
http://stores.ebay.com/glockpolishing

jbp84
12-22-2011, 09:26
And because Chicago is so big, it's a no win situation for the rest of Illinois. I can't imagine how people in the southern part of the state feel about it.

I'd tell you in graphic detail how we feel, but I might get kicked off of GlockTalk. :whistling: And you're right, Cook county drives what happens in the rest of Illinois. It's why people who live north of I-80 aren't aware of the rest of the state the people south of I-80 wish Chicago would become it's own state.

Good luck with your FOID. I think Walgreens does passport photos, which would work. But the ISP ends up using your DL photo anyway. I guess they do that to make sure you look like you?

CrookCounty
12-22-2011, 14:57
glockpolishing checking in from Homewood, IL
http://stores.ebay.com/glockpolishing

Drop off and pick up available? What's the turnaround time? Looking to use your service for barrel polish When I get my glock 19.

CrookCounty
12-22-2011, 15:09
. I think Walgreens does passport photos, which would work. But the ISP ends up using your DL photo anyway. I guess they do that to make sure you look like you?

Yes they do $9.99 but make sure you trim it down to fit the application form as the cut they give you is to big. You get 2 pics for the price. CVS does the same

CrookCounty
12-24-2011, 22:58
ITS A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!! My FOID arrived today!!! Off to the dealer on monday to start my paperwork on the new Glock 19 Gen 4....still gotta wait the 3 days after though :crying:

VN350X10
12-25-2011, 08:21
at least you'll have it before New Years !

uncle albert

jbp84
12-25-2011, 08:49
Congrats!

CrookCounty
12-26-2011, 15:10
Just got back fro Midwest Guns in Lyons IL...they were super busy today.

Shot a Walther P22 rental (Sucked, jammed all the time but I goes it was due to it being a rental and dirty as swamp water)

Shot a Glock 19 Gen 4 rental...only 1 FTE but brass was all up in my grill!!! Seriously I got hit by my own brass more than not. I don't think they changed the ejector like advised.

Anyways I paid for my new Glock 19 Gen 4 with the GSSF discount and total with tax and background check was $470. Getting the 10 round magazine to be legal in all the surrounding cities that don't allow 15 round, plus I don't need 15 round mags right now

Going back on Friday to pick up my new girl and put some round through her!

VN350X10
12-26-2011, 18:29
besides dirty, that Walther P22 is known to be ammo finikey. Seems like no 2 of them like the same ammo.Only downside to an otherwise decent little pistol.

Word of advice on your new Glock. Shoot it at least 500 rds. BEFORE you clean it, for real ! Let it break in properly & seat itself, frame to slide.
DON'T take it apart & remove the copper colored lube no matter WHAT anybody else tells you. It's a Mil-Spec anti sieze compound that helps the pistol break in without excessive wear. When they get here from Austria, it gets put on in GA during final inspection & test firing.

Congrats & good shooting

uncle albert

uncle albert

CrookCounty
12-27-2011, 14:00
Word of advice on your new Glock. Shoot it at least 500 rds. BEFORE you clean it, for real ! Let it break in properly & seat itself, frame to slide.
DON'T take it apart & remove the copper colored lube no matter WHAT anybody else tells you. It's a Mil-Spec anti sieze compound that helps the pistol break in without excessive wear. When they get here from Austria, it gets put on in GA during final inspection & test firing.

Congrats & good shooting

uncle albert

uncle albert

Hey thanks for the advice I did not know that. I am sure I will put at least 200 rounds through her that day and my friend is coming with so I guess he will do about 100..so I will take your advice and wait until after the second shooting day to clean it, we will be over 500 then.

Just ordered my TFO night sites also, coming from Amazon.com only $85 shipped and I will get those on Thursday so I will have the GS put them on while I am there Friday...SOOO EXCITED!!!!

Ohh by the way, where in McHenry are you at...my sister lives near Crystal Lake Road and 120...I want to check out the shooting clubs up there next time I visit them

VN350X10
12-27-2011, 20:35
Right now, there's only 1 range up here in McHenry Co. that's avaliable to the public.
H.P.Shooting Center is on Rt.120 about 1/4 mi. E of the Fox River.
The local U.S.P.S.A. club shoots there on 1st & 3rd Thursdays, starts about 6:30 P.M.
M.I.S.S. (Mchenry IPSC Shooting Society)
I'm a charter member, but am not currently shooting due to artritus(sp) in my hands.
There's a shoot on Dec.29, as we also shoot on the 5th Thur. if there is one.

uncle albert

Mochahooligan
12-29-2011, 11:35
Yo Crook County, You might want to check out a LEO storwe in Lombard they have some used Glocks in stock last time I was round there. $325.00 for a 21 W/NS and 3 HC mags.

pm666
12-29-2011, 14:23
When transporting a firearm in a car (through Chicago/Cook County/IL, I know the gun has to be locked and in a case.
Does the ammo have to be in a case and locked as well?

Thanks,
p
<!-- / message -->

VN350X10
12-29-2011, 15:39
IL state law does not require that the ammo be seperate from the firearm. They may be carried in the same case.
The firearm must be unloaded & to be on the safe side, if it's a semi-auto, have your magazines empty also.
State law doesn't require it, but honestly, most cops DON'T KNOW THE STATE FIREARMS LAWS.....so it's better to be on the safe side. And if at all possible don't stop in Crook Co. just pass thru as un-noticable as possible.

uncle albert

(yes, I work in a gunshop & have to know the laws to help my customers)

pm666
12-29-2011, 16:46
The gun has to be locked in a case or with a cable lock, etc....correct?

Thanks.

VN350X10
12-29-2011, 17:58
case does NOT have to be locked, nor cable lock. But like I said, cops don't know the gun laws....play it safe.

uncle albert

PhatAlbert
12-30-2011, 10:58
An hour south of Springfield in Litchfield il

Posted from an iPhone

VN350X10
12-30-2011, 11:58
PhatAlbert....

Know right where you're at....I hunt deer outside of Taylorville.
I believe that there is an IPSC/USPSA club in the area, a good friend & shooting bud lives in Taylorville.

uncle albert

ps Your screen name was my highschool football nickmane, I was the only guy on the team under 6' that was over 200# (5'9", 235)

Welcome to GT !

PhatAlbert
12-30-2011, 12:01
PhatAlbert....

Know right where you're at....I hunt deer outside of Taylorville.
I believe that there is an IPSC/USPSA club in the area, a good friend & shooting bud lives in Taylorville.

uncle albert

ps Your screen name was my highschool football nickmane, I was the only guy on the team under 6' that was over 200# (5'9", 235)

Welcome to GT !

Oh ic.. I got my glock 23 about two weeks ago. Bought a fobus double mag pouch and already had fobus gl2 holster for it. I'm attending the jan Idpa match at sportsman. It will be my first

Posted from an iPhone

VN350X10
12-30-2011, 12:08
Shoot Well !

Don't try for fast, keep it smooth.
Smooth will get you TO fast !

uncle albert

PhatAlbert
12-30-2011, 12:26
I have been dry firing and practicing reloads and pulling from the holster almost every day. Just hoping I can get trigger squeeze good.

Posted from an iPhone

VN350X10
12-30-2011, 18:33
do it in front of a mirror....watch for slight differences that feel smoother.
When you beat your reflection, you've got it.
(beating your reflection don't come easy!)

Let us know how you shoot.

uncle albert

PhatAlbert
12-30-2011, 18:51
Well I went out and shot it when I got it.. I was shooting mainly left but some up and left I assume deeper trigger finger but waiting to see what I learn from the guys

Posted from an iPhone

VN350X10
12-30-2011, 19:01
Concentrate on using the pad of your trigger finger, not the first joint. This is a very common problem for first time Glock shooters, due to the design of the safety lever built into the trigger.
It feels better but causes inconsistant trigger control.

uncle albert

Marked3
12-30-2011, 20:13
Morton, Il. Here! Fish Gill Glock 17. Enjoy shooting at Darnall's near Bloomington, il. Also very excited about American Firearms's indoor range in Peoria, Il. which just recently opened up.

pm666
12-30-2011, 20:17
Any idea's as to who are the Top 10 instructors in Illinois and their approximate locations?

CrookCounty
01-03-2012, 16:33
WOOOHOO just finished my Chicago Permit Class today and now all I have to do is pay the Crooks of CHicago $100 fee and than I get my permit...Ohh I almost forgot about the other $15 to register my Glock....Ohh well at least I will be legal!!! This city SUCKS!!!

dsa1115
01-03-2012, 16:47
Western suburbs here. I met RLee3 of Glockkrieg at the Kane County Gun Show. He installed Meprolights on my G26 and G21 gen4 while I waited. Great price and instant service. Nice doing business with RLee3 from GlockKrieg.

CrookCounty
01-05-2012, 11:06
Well just wanted to chime in and say I finally submitted my CFP today at 4770 S Kedzie and I gotta say that the people on a lot of message boards give the officers there a bad name. The people that I chatted up with at the Gun Reg Desk were nothing more that 100% polite, friendly and helpful. I asked a bunch of questions concerning transportation and purchase/registering and they covered ever aspect 100%. I give the boys/girls in blue at this location a A+ :cool:

VN350X10
01-05-2012, 17:12
Glad to hear that.
Most times dealing with beuerocrats(sp) is a royal pain !

uncle albert

Icer 10
01-06-2012, 04:17
Sycamore Illinois here! :wavey:

CrookCounty
01-06-2012, 11:40
Glad to hear that.
Most times dealing with beuerocrats(sp) is a royal pain !

uncle albert

This is normally the case which is why i made a point to give praise to the guys that actually help out when you need something....I think most people only post negative stuff so we never hear about it when things go right....just a change I pace i figure :supergrin:

ChicagoRSX
01-07-2012, 13:40
I don't see a forum for introductions I guess I'll do it here. I'm Dave, I live in Des Plains currently and have a G17 for my duty weapon. I love it and have just begun teaching my wife to shoot it and taking it to the range to fire it. Her first time firing a gun was actually last weekend. I plan to pick up a G30 soon as my off duty weapon. So hey all, happy to be here with fellow Glockers.

VN350X10
01-07-2012, 18:14
Dave, you'll love the G30 as long as it fits your hands. Might want to check out a "SF" version, as it is a bit shorter than a standard 30 as far as trigger pull length.
But the 30's shoot as well as the full size 21 does.
I've carried a 29 in the gunshop for ever, at least since they came out, & in a proper holster, you don't really know it's there.
My personal holster is a Galco Concealable, very comfy.

And welcome to GT !

uncle albert

CrookCounty
01-07-2012, 22:18
I don't see a forum for introductions I guess I'll do it here. I'm Dave, I live in Des Plains currently and have a G17 for my duty weapon. I love it and have just begun teaching my wife to shoot it and taking it to the range to fire it. Her first time firing a gun was actually last weekend. I plan to pick up a G30 soon as my off duty weapon. So hey all, happy to be here with fellow Glockers.

Welcome Dave.... :milestone: Congrats on your first post

fisma
01-08-2012, 05:40
McHenry here, normally go to gat guns or hp shooting center.

ChicagoRSX
01-08-2012, 09:40
Welcome Dave.... :milestone: Congrats on your first post

Thanks!

jbp84
01-08-2012, 11:54
Welcome Dave! Always good to see more Illinois Glockers!

jpa
01-08-2012, 12:59
I used to live in Chicago right by Midway airport. Now I'm in the far sw burbs...like 1400 miles southwest in Las Vegas. Not missing the snow and politics at all but it's fun watching the conservatives here try to "out conservative" each other. :)

CrookCounty
01-14-2012, 14:41
I am happy to say my Chicago Permit came in today only after waiting 9 days. Now all I have to finish register it and pay my $15 fee and I no longer have to worry about jail time when I Bring my glock into city limits. Sure it was expensive and a lot of hoops to jump through but I would rather pay the $215 in fees than spend time in jail!!!

VN350X10
01-14-2012, 19:23
Congrats on having the patience to put up with all the beaurocratic BS !

Jes gotta love living in the "Demokratik People's Workers Republik of ILL"

Oh yeah, a shooting bud just emailed me a pic of his new WI CCW permit. had to rub it in...

uncle

CrookCounty
01-14-2012, 20:19
Congrats on having the patience to put up with all the beaurocratic BS !

Jes gotta love living in the "Demokratik People's Workers Republik of ILL"

Oh yeah, a shooting bud just emailed me a pic of his new WI CCW permit. had to rub it in...

uncle

You should go out with him and take it from his wallet and BURN IT!!!!! Doesn't it suck...living so close to the WI border and you can't get that same permit...it's like living on the border of mexico and not being able to find decent Taco!!!

VN350X10
01-14-2012, 21:21
I've done worse already....since I'd be grandfathered in by WI statute(there are several ways) I've threatned to move in with his family. And EAT !!!
But then he's threatned to sell me his gunsmithing business, complete with his moron customer list !
Yeah, he's a good shooting bud & hunting companion.

uncle

SteadyGlock
01-16-2012, 07:40
Greetings All.

I'm in the city, Logan Square. Just got my FOID, eager for carry law...someday soon, I hope. G30, G17RTF2, Beretta PX4 Storm SubCompact(.40). Glad to meet y'all.

CrookCounty
01-16-2012, 12:43
Greetings All.

I'm in the city, Logan Square. Just got my FOID, eager for carry law...someday soon, I hope. G30, G17RTF2, Beretta PX4 Storm SubCompact(.40). Glad to meet y'all.

Ahh not to far from me I am in Edgewater :wavey:

ChicagoRSX
01-18-2012, 10:29
Is there anyone in the northern suburbs(niles, skokie, etc) that would want to meet and go shooting at a range?

CrookCounty
01-18-2012, 14:02
Is there anyone in the northern suburbs(niles, skokie, etc) that would want to meet and go shooting at a range?

I am just east of there (on the lake 3 miles south of evanston)and shoot at Midwest guns in Lyons il

ChicagoRSX
01-21-2012, 00:21
I am just east of there (on the lake 3 miles south of evanston)and shoot at Midwest guns in Lyons il

when are you available? I'm free on weekends and Mornings till like 12:30-1.

CrookCounty
01-21-2012, 21:30
when are you available? I'm free on weekends and Mornings till like 12:30-1.

Shoot a couple times a month on Sunday mornings at midwest guns...will let you know new time i am heading out

CrookCounty
01-26-2012, 13:31
Well I finally did it...I jumped through all the hoops and it is now over.

Started my handgun registration on December 5th 2011 and today I got my approved registration in the mail.

Started Dec 5th when I sent in my FOID application, that took until 12/24/2011 to get back to me.

Went for my Chicago Firearms training on Jan 3rd and submitted my application for Chicago Permit on Jan 5th.

I got the Chicago Firearms permit back on Jan 13th and I submitted my Chicago Gun registration application on Jan 17th

Got the Approved gun registration today in the mail Jan 25 2012.

So from having no FOID card to getting fully approved and registered in the city of Chicago it took a total of 51 days including holidays and non-business days.

I know these are a lot of hoops to jump through but I wanted to be completely legal to bring my Glock to my house in Chicago and not have to worry if I am ever stopped. Jumping through hoops is better than going to jail.

SO...51 days...how much did it cost?

FOID-$10
Firearms Class-$115
Chicago Permit Fee-$100
Gun Registration Fee-$15
Gas-about $20
Time-about 8 hours total (So at my salary roughly $280)

So not including my time I spent $260 to get a handgun legal in Chicago.

Lets see...$260 vs 3 years in jail (Lost wages around $210,000 plus maybe $20K in court costs...so lets say $230,000 plus lost time with family, friends and dog. Plus having a criminal records.

YEP...I will never regret getting my Chicago Permit no matter what anyone inside or outside of IL says what a scam it is....the law is the law...DEAL WITH IT.

I am now a 100% legal Glock owner living in the city limits of Chicago, IL

:rock:

VN350X10
01-26-2012, 19:09
Not bad. Have you thought about moving OUT of Chi. to get lower taxes in a different Co.?
Not posed as a smartarse question, but a serious one. Lots of the outlying co's. are a lower tax rate. But you would need to figure in commuting costs.(I assume you work in ChiTown).
Glad to hear that you've completed the acrobatics necessary to be legal.:whistling:

uncle albert

4TS&W
02-09-2012, 21:21
Tell me more about this HP shooting center..

VN350X10
02-10-2012, 19:31
HP Shooting Center is the only indoor range in McHenry Co. at this time. Older range, poor lighting, almost adequate ventelation, as long as nobody's using reloads with Unique !
50', manual target carriers, friendly owner & staff, decent selection for sale & a good assortment of rental guns. 1st & 3rd Thur. local USPSA club shoots.
Closed on Mon.

CrookCounty
02-14-2012, 18:08
Not bad. Have you thought about moving OUT of Chi. to get lower taxes in a different Co.?
Not posed as a smartarse question, but a serious one. Lots of the outlying co's. are a lower tax rate. But you would need to figure in commuting costs.(I assume you work in ChiTown).
Glad to hear that you've completed the acrobatics necessary to be legal.:whistling:

uncle albert

Have I ever thought of it...yes...who hasn't. Is it practical...no. Just the way life is right, roll with it until I can move and once that happens...never look back

Erno
02-19-2012, 15:46
Have I ever thought of it...yes...who hasn't. Is it practical...no. Just the way life is right, roll with it until I can move and once that happens...never look back

I'm from Naperville and a gun neophyte. I have a Glock 23 Gen 4 and love it! Shoot mostly at Rink's in Lockport because of the price. Guys have been very helpful and friendly. Cold, poorly lit, and poor ventilation but it feels like home. :cool: Mega Sports in Plainfield is the Taj Mahal of ranges. Carpeted floors, great ventilation, electronic targets and the staff is awesome as well. But it is expensive. I shot at Midwest in Lyons once and it is in between the the other two in both atmosphere and cost. People weren't as nice but maybe I caught them on a bad day. Waiting on my Utah CCW permit. I travel quite a bit so I'm good in Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, etc. (not Michigan though). I took the gun class not because I had to but because I wanted to. I went to the Tactical Security Institute class for the Utah CCW. I am also going to do the basic pistol class as well as home defense. I can't get enough of this. :wavey:

05FLHT
02-19-2012, 18:18
I'm from Naperville and a gun neophyte. I have a Glock 23 Gen 4 and love it! Shoot mostly at Rink's in Lockport because of the price. Guys have been very helpful and friendly. Cold, poorly lit, and poor ventilation but it feels like home. :cool: Mega Sports in Plainfield is the Taj Mahal of ranges. Carpeted floors, great ventilation, electronic targets and the staff is awesome as well. But it is expensive. I shot at Midwest in Lyons once and it is in between the the other two in both atmosphere and cost. People weren't as nice but maybe I caught them on a bad day. Waiting on my Utah CCW permit. I travel quite a bit so I'm good in Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, etc. (not Michigan though). I took the gun class not because I had to but because I wanted to. I went to the Tactical Security Institute class for the Utah CCW. I am also going to do the basic pistol class as well as home defense. I can't get enough of this. :wavey:

Check out Article II in Lombard. It's just east of I355 on 64 (North Ave.). I picked up a 10 pack of range passes for $125, but I think they are up to $150 now. The good is range time is unlimited, the bad is you need to call first and reserve your time because they are always busy.

If you do have to wait, ask to check out the simulator. It's in a separate room next to the waiting area by the range. Honestly, it was almost more fun than being on the range (and free).

Erno
02-19-2012, 18:43
Check out Article II in Lombard. It's just east of I355 on 64 (North Ave.). I picked up a 10 pack of range passes for $125, but I think they are up to $150 now. The good is range time is unlimited, the bad is you need to call first and reserve your time because they are always busy.

If you do have to wait, ask to check out the simulator. It's in a separate room next to the waiting area by the range. Honestly, it was almost more fun than being on the range (and free).

Thanks! I'll check it out.

volsbear
02-28-2012, 12:59

Rinks is good people. That's where I shoot if I shoot inside. The owner actually participates in the cause too.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Erno
03-01-2012, 18:42
Illinois Conceal Carry...

Information for You on HB-148 - Family and Personal Protection Act:

How Did Your Representative Vote Yesterday?

Last night ISRA issued news on the vote that took place on the House floor yesterday on HB148. The vote was 65-52 with consideration postponed. What that means is that no record is kept of the vote by the Illinois General Assembly, and keeps the bill alive for further consideration.

Many, if not most of you, following the progress of Right-To-Carry in Illinois have strong personal feelings about the success of this effort. This has been a long road, and the mission is not complete. ISRA members answered the call of several alerts issued in this past week to reach out and communicate with your Representative, and this resulted in a great showing when the vote was taken, but that vote was short of the supermajority that was needed.

Without an official recording of the vote, some of you are left wondering how your Representative voted on the bill, perhaps depending on who your Representative is or where your district is located.

Thanks to coverage of the Illinois General Assembly by Illinois Statehouse News (http://illinois.statehousenewsonline.com/), you can see how the votes were cast yesterday before being pulled from consideration, in the image below. Green is "Yes", Red is "No" in the votes cast. This picture is taken from a screenshot of a very short video that you can watch at Illinois Statehouse News' YouTube Channel.

http://isra.org/alerts/alert_hb148_tally_05062011.html

kaptain
03-02-2012, 10:08
So they postponed it since it didn't get the majority it needed? Am I interpreting that correctly?

PS I've got a Glock 19 OD and 26 in Bloomington, IL - Looking forward to getting out and shooting this year.

I0WA
03-02-2012, 10:12

Ha! I was at Maxon last night. Great little place, range is a bit cramped though. Midwest has far better pricing though. I love both places. I also go to Gat Guns in Dundee.

Glock 17, soon a 26.

kaptain
03-02-2012, 10:16
Morton, Il. Here! Fish Gill Glock 17. Enjoy shooting at Darnall's near Bloomington, il. Also very excited about American Firearms's indoor range in Peoria, Il. which just recently opened up.

You're near me, I'm in Bloomington-Normal. Darnalls is where I purchased my RRA AR-15 a couple years back.

I go out and shoot at some private property..its nice not having to pay for going out to shoot besides ammo.

Side note: If anyone sees a good priced Glock 34 Gen 3 ($525 or so) for sale, let me know. If you see an OD model I'm looking for them as well. (9mm only)

Erno
03-02-2012, 17:20
So they postponed it since it didn't get the majority it needed? Am I interpreting that correctly?

PS I've got a Glock 19 OD and 26 in Bloomington, IL - Looking forward to getting out and shooting this year.

Correct. They needed a super majority or 2/3's vote.

4TS&W
03-02-2012, 17:22
Correct. They needed a super majority or 2/3's vote.

Of course, had Brady won, they would have only needed a simple majority.

It was a very close election... :crying:

Erno
03-02-2012, 17:24
Update....

IllinoisAnti-Gun Bills Await Further Action

Contact Your State Representative TODAY and Urge Opposition!

The anti-gunextremists are active in Springfield, with numerous bills which attack ourRight to Keep and Bear Arms poised for possible action, including floorvotes. This week, the House Executive Committee passed Chicago Mayor RahmEmanuel’s (D) bill to impose a 2% sales tax on ammunition—House Bill 5167 (http://www.nramedia.org/t/462778/65334366/10993/0/), introduced by stateRepresentative Kelly Cassidy (D-14)—and his Handgun Registration Bill—House Bill 5831 (http://www.nramedia.org/t/462778/65334366/10994/0/), introduced by stateRepresentative William Davis (D-30). Both bills are now on the Housefloor awaiting action. There have been several amendments offeredregarding HB 5831 that are clearly intended to try to attract more support andreduce opposition. However, any proposals to lower fees or lessen somepenalties will not change the fact that this bill is simply an anti-gun attackon law-abiding gun owners. It seeks to create unwarranted bureaucratichurdles and fees in order to discourage people from exercising aconstitutionally protected right and would also impose outrageous penalties forfailing to comply.

In addition to Rahm’sbills, three other anti-gun bills, all introduced by Representative Cassidy,remain poised for House committee action:

House Bill 4149 (http://www.nramedia.org/t/462778/65334366/11368/0/) would require private transfers of handguns to go througha Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder, and allow fees (gun taxes) for suchtransfers. This bill currently resides in the House Executive Committee whichhistorically has been unfriendly to the Second Amendment.

House Bill 3809 (http://www.nramedia.org/t/462778/65334366/11370/0/) would create a new felony offense for anyone whotransfers a firearm to someone the transferor "knows is a street gangmember." This bill resides in the House Judiciary II Committee.

House Bill 4457 (http://www.nramedia.org/t/462778/65334366/11371/0/)seeks to increase the penalties for any individual who is carrying a firearmfor personal protection if that person does not have a valid FOID card. Thisbill is also in the House Judiciary II Committee.

In addition to thesebills, House Bill 1294 (http://www.nramedia.org/t/462778/65334366/2239/0/), a gun banintroduced by state Representative Edward Acevedo (D-2), remains on the House floor,and could be taken up at any time.

In the Senate, Senate Bill 3218 (http://www.nramedia.org/t/462778/65334366/11629/0/), introduced by stateSenator Dan Kotowski (D-33), was held this week in the Senate Criminal LawCommittee. SB 3218 is similar to HB 3809 and equally flawed. Aftera committee hearing on the bill, where it failed to achieve the necessary votesto be reported to the Senate floor, the bill sponsor was reportedly quite upset- so much so that he allegedly called a fellow Senator on this committee whodid not support Kotowski’s anti-gun bill a rather colorful and derogatoryname. While we will not print what he said, the intended insult wasironic considering Kotowski was a paid shill for anti-gun extremists before hechose to run for the state Senate.

Your NRA-ILA will continue to keep you updated on thestatus of this legislation in Springfield.

Please be sure to continue to contact your stateRepresentative today and urge him or her to oppose HBs 1294, 5167, 4149, 3809,4457 and 5831!

Contact informationfor your state Representative can be found by clicking here (http://www.nramedia.org/t/462778/65334366/11630/0/).

This alert is postedat: http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2012/03/illinois-anti-gun-bills-await-further-action.aspx?s=&st=&ps (http://www.nramedia.org/t/462778/65334366/11631/0/)=

kaptain
03-19-2012, 18:13
Any new developments recently?

Erno
03-19-2012, 18:24
Any new developments recently?

Click on the House Bill links above for the latest. It's funny, they added this information:

Fiscal Note (Government Forecasting & Accountability)
HB 5167 would increase State revenue by approximately $869,000 to $1.2 million per year.

The number assumes that us idiots will actually continue to purchase our ammunition in Illinois. I just received my first 1,000 round order from online. No tax and Illinois received **** on my order. All they will do is hurt the Illinois small business man.

kaptain
03-20-2012, 06:53
The only ammo I've purchased in IL in the last couple years was some self defense .40 ammo..everything else is bulk online purchases from out of state.

No reason to buy it at higher cost here in IL...especially if they increase the rate on it.

battlin bulldog
03-20-2012, 23:21
Checking in from Loves Park, Rockford area. Originally from Batavia area.

VN350X10
03-21-2012, 18:40
DESPITE the graven image of a Pucker's helmet......

You're close enough. Check info in the Rockford area..."Pine Tree Pistol Club"

They've been in existance since the very early '50's. Private club, beautiful range,NRA membership req'd. to join, shoot bullseye, IDPA & USPSA.
Too far a drive or I'd be a member.
I've shot with them many times, great bunch of guys & gals !

uncle albert

CrookCounty
04-09-2012, 15:39
Anyone looking for a AA conversion kit for Gen 4 G19, check out. The ads or pm me mine is up for sale

kaptain
04-09-2012, 15:48
Does a gen 4 kit work with a gen 3? I know a gen 3 wouldn't work for a gen4, but wasn't sure if it was 'backwards' compatible.

ChicagoRSX
05-06-2012, 22:17
Any of my fellow glockers shot at Megasports in Joilet?

VN350X10
05-06-2012, 22:22
Shot there once, but it's quite a ride from McHenry.
Probably the CLEANEST range you will ever shoot on.

Staff is competent also.

uncle albert

Heifzilla
08-28-2012, 07:09
McHenry County here.

VN350X10
08-28-2012, 17:37
Heifzilla,
Where do you usually shoot ? There aren't many ranges avaliable to the public in McH.Co.

uncle albert

brianfede
08-28-2012, 17:57

I'm right near you, I shoot about every week at Bass Pro, so if you are ever looking for some company let me know.

Regards,

Brian

JTBTACTICAL
08-31-2012, 12:14
JTB Tactical here saying hello to all of our fellow Illinois residents:wavey:

We are a new dealer in McHenry and we offer a better option for the people of northern IL when purchasing your firearms.

Lower prices and better customer service.

We also offer $20 transfers.

MikeZ1967
09-10-2012, 14:08
Hi,

I've been on GT here for about a month now. I've learned a ton. I'm in the NW Suburbs of Chicago and have just gotten into shooting. My closest LGS is GAT Guns and I've purchased a few Glocks from them as well as used their range. I hope to see more activity from Illinois Glockers!

Thanks,

Mike

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1659&pictureid=6008

VN350X10
09-10-2012, 22:22
Mike,

There are a lot of shooters out here, quite a few of us are farther north & west than you are. Think almost WI & out to Rockford.

uncle albert

CaptainXL
06-08-2013, 12:32
A new gun shop has opened in Plano, IL. They have plenty of ammo and a fair inventory of guns which is growing weekly. The shop itself is open and they have a 12 lane range under construction which is due to open in August or September of 2013. BIG building and a first class operation. Really great people!!

For more info and directions visit their website: www.rkagungallery.com (http://www.rkagungallery.com) They are also on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/RKAGun?fref=ts

Lnguyen9
06-08-2013, 13:15
Hi all,
I am from Mc Henry county as well. Got G17 in Feb. and love it. I used to go to GAT but now end up in On Target in Crystal Lake.

Erno
06-08-2013, 13:28
A new gun shop has opened in Plano, IL. They have plenty of ammo and a fair inventory of guns which is growing weekly. The shop itself is open and they have a 12 lane range under construction which is due to open in August or September of 2013. BIG building and a first class operation. Really great people!!

For more info and directions visit their website: www.rkagungallery.com (http://www.rkagungallery.com) They are also on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/RKAGun?fref=ts

Thanks Captain. I'll definitely check them out!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire (http://www.outdoorhub.com/mobile/)

357Glock31
06-10-2013, 13:30
I've been there , if UR going anytime soon let me know , I'd meet up with u it's about 20 min's from me !!

CrookCounty
07-08-2013, 21:10
Hi all,
I am from Mc Henry county as well. Got G17 in Feb. and love it. I used to go to GAT but now end up in On Target in Crystal Lake.

I am in Huntley and was interested in On Target...how is that place?