Lmt std16 sopmod [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lmt std16 sopmod

Airborne Infantryman
06-24-2011, 13:58
I was gonna buy a Trijicon RMR to put on an offset mount, when I came across this at what seems to be an insanely good deal.

http://www.lmtstore.com/complete-weapon-systems-firearms-guns/defender-standard-model-16-with-sopmod-stock.html

Would be purchasing from here:

http://www.topgunsupply.com/lmt-defender-standard-model-rifle-sopmod-stock-5.56-16-in..html

I've done business with TopGunSupply before, and they are amazing; even threw a box of 9mm in with the Glock 26 I purchased from them.

What say you? If I got this, I wouldn't do anything to it; it would be a KISS gun; lightweight, simple. Just pick it up and shoot the heck out of it. Might swap out the SOPMOD for a CTR though. What are your opinions on LMW, and specifically, this model? Is it worth the $1200 asking price?

ETA: This would be my first DI gun; all my ARs (2) are piston LWRCs. You can never have too many ARs, right? :supergrin:

M&P15T
06-24-2011, 14:12
Jeeze dude, you're on an AR tear!!! I'd suggest looking at BCM for $1200.00, you might get a bit more for the money. Then you can build it exactly the way you want. Just go to their site, add together what you want, and see what the money comes out like.

Airborne Infantryman
06-24-2011, 14:15
Jeeze dude, you're on an AR tear!!! I'd suggest looking at BCM for $1200.00, you might get a bit more for the money. Then you can build it exactly the way you want. Just go to their site, add together what you want, and see what the money comes out like.

This deployment money keeps burning a hole through my pocket......its ok though; I bought Kinect for my Xbox 360 for my wife, and she's too busy dancing like a dolt in front of the TV to care about all the guns I'm buying. :supergrin:

BCM is back-logged like a son-of-a-gun. I was interested in this because its an LMT, which people over at ARFCOM seem to think are the holy grail of DI, and its simple and at a good price.......not only that, but I get a SOPMOD stock with it, which is too expensive for me to justify buying separately. :whistling:

boomhower
06-24-2011, 14:23
It's decent but the stock is what makes it such a good deal. If you are going to change it out anyways I would look at the Colt LE6920 for $995 from GT Dist and add the stock of your choosing.

Airborne Infantryman
06-24-2011, 14:27
It's decent but the stock is what makes it such a good deal. If you are going to change it out anyways I would look at the Colt LE6920 for $995 from GT Dist and add the stock of your choosing.

Oh, I want the stock; its just that it'll most likely find a new home on my LWRC SPR....:supergrin: Just can't justify spending $200 on a stock alone.

pag23
06-24-2011, 14:36
I personally like the Magpul CTR, locks in place with no issues, my $.02

I just ordered a BCM 16" Midlength a few minutes ago as I am going to piece together an AR over a few months (need to sneak it past the CFO=wife). It Might save you some coin if you get parts in components, which leaves you more $$$ for ammo.

glock031
06-24-2011, 21:51
Someone just posted for sale three used gen-1 LMT sopmod stocks on the EE @ ar15. $100 ea + sh.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=159&t=885835

Durden
06-24-2011, 23:38
It's an awesome carbine. I have the exact same model and couldn't ask for any better reliability, function, durability or accuracy.

I had a Colt M16-A2 in the USMC and my LMT is as good if not better, with an infinitely better stock.

Having said all of that, I would have no problem whatsoever with a Daniels Defense, Colt, BCM, Noveske, and if I get a chance to handle and fire one, based on what I've been reading and hearing...a Spikes.

But yes, the SOPMOD is the best stock for me, and I couldn't do without now.

thisaway
06-25-2011, 11:42
LMT makes good stuff...you won't regret getting it!

daddysnapmuffins
06-27-2011, 11:16
LMT STD16 is as good as they get. The Sopmod is my favorite stock.

mixflip
06-27-2011, 11:48
Gotta love the spending spree's...you guys deserve it!

At that level of craftsmanship its really personal preference more than "this is technically better than that".

I wish I had spent my deployment fun money more wisely back in my day? I was young, single, no kids, no car payment and no mortgage...yet I still have nothing to show for it lol!!! Except maybe a few less brain cells.

jrs93accord
06-27-2011, 16:38
LMT STD16 is as good as they get. The Sopmod is my favorite stock.

Amen brother!

The LMT SOPMOD stock is fantastic. You would really like the LMT Defender. I had one up until early last year and traded it for a Beretta BM-59. The LMT was one of the best ARs I have owned. I still have eighteen others to play with.

Airborne Infantryman
06-27-2011, 16:41
Thanks for all the input, guys. I decided to go with a piston AR. I have a thread about it.