View Full Version : white dot or fiber optic vs. Tritium
I am currently choosing the best sight combination for my Para Ord mostly for recreational and competitive shooting purposes.
Do white dot sights have larger "white dot" circumference compared to a fiber optic sights?
Are tritium sights the same size? I was thinking of combining fiber optic front with tritium rear or perhaps white dot rear?
Has anyone tried to have fiber optic front sights and white dot rear sights?
I shoot IDPA and prefer a fibre optic front and plain black rear.
You can get white dot, white outline, or even fibre optic rear sights.
Few do, but if it helps you get on target, fine. A friend is looking at the possibility of white dots now. Easily tried with a spot of white paint on existing sight.
Tritium is of no advantage unless your club shoots a lot of low light matches.
Our club would not likely shoot in very low light situation however since we have an outdoor range, we still do shoot even if the weather is crappy.
I have encountered most shooters preferred FO front and black rear and was wondering why is it that majority preferred black rear rather than say white dot or FO rear.
I was thinking of combining fiber optic front with tritium rear or perhaps white dot rear?Why not tritium and fiber optic all in the same sights? I use TruGlo sights (TG-131s I think) on all my Glocks and they are superb in day light conditions as well as night. That was my biggest gripe with previous night sights, they were a lot harder to see than just the standard sights at anything other than near to total darkness. These combo sights are great in just about every light condition. They are a bit harder to see in very cloudy or indoor light but still better than most night sights I've tried and not that far behind standard white dot sights. Most of my shooting is actually indoors/competitive and I never have a problem picking these up.
I have white dots... they are good enough for government work. I don't think fiber optics look too sexy on a 1911. A brass or gold bead, on the other hand, gets my vote for a front sight with a plain black rear.
1) I am currently choosing the best sight combination for my Para Ord mostly for recreational and competitive shooting purposes.
2) Do white dot sights have larger "white dot" circumference compared to a fiber optic sights?
3) Are tritium sights the same size?
4) I was thinking of combining fiber optic front with tritium rear
5) or perhaps white dot rear?
1) If that's the case I would go with dedicated target sights.
2) It depends. White dots vary in size and fiber optic rods vary in size.
3) No, they vary a bit as well, in terms of the white markers surrounding the lamps.
4) This makes no sense. Why would you pair a blind-in-the-dark front sight with a self-luminous rear sight?
5) This is doable, but again, with the rear sight being closer to your eye(s), it may compete with the front sight.
Here's my additional input...
Good luck! :wavey:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.