NYC accused of putting price on 2nd Amendment [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NYC accused of putting price on 2nd Amendment

glock39
06-26-2011, 08:04
Yep, $340 for a pistol permit:wow:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=315173

Historically, many of the early Gun Control laws were part of the "Jim Crow" laws designed for the express purpose of suppressing Blacks. After the Civil War, southern Democrats couldn't come right out and make it illegal for Blacks to own weapons. But they could design laws that made it prohibitively expensive for the overwhelming majority of Blacks to afford to comply with the law.

New York City is following along in this tradition, by making it expensive enough to limit many of those who need to defend themselves the most from being able to afford to do so.

ModGlock17
06-26-2011, 10:00
That's very interesting. Does it seem to work?

I notice they don't do much reciprocity licensing with other states, since it would be cheaper to get out-of-state license.

glock39
06-26-2011, 10:45
That's very interesting. Does it seem to work?

I notice they don't do much reciprocity licensing with other states, since it would be cheaper to get out-of-state license.

Does it work at what? Preventing people from getting pistols? I'm sure it does prevent many people (single parent families, people stuck in low-income and high crime neighborhoods, etc) from being able to afford to get a legal pistol with which to defend themselves. If Republicans had done this, the Main Stream Media would already be screaming their heads off about racial discrimination. After all, if requiring people to get a photo ID in order to be able to vote is racist, then how could requiring poor people to pay unreasonable fees in order to defend themselves not be racist??

I also wouldn't hold out any hope of NYC recognizing any other state's reciprocity unless they are either forced to do so by the courts, or else get a complete change of city government.

Vic777
06-26-2011, 11:03
And with decades of Democratic rule, NYS is bankrupt and needs to steal as much of your money as it can.

nra-life-member
06-26-2011, 21:25
Time to relocate

Gunnut 45/454
06-27-2011, 19:08
Nope time for another slapping around by the SCOTUS- the fee makes there law unconstitutional! Understand that fee is just to be able to buy a pistol not carry it! That costs many thousands of dollars!:supergrin:

ModGlock17
06-29-2011, 10:52
Does it work at what? Preventing people from getting pistols? .

Exactly that.

One can easily crosses into another state and get one a driver license and get one.

Let me spell it out: feel good law, likely does not work.

But looking at it another way, allowing guns easily would likely reduce democrat voter population in NY, especially ones who were busses into voting booths and registered by ACoRN.

swinokur
06-29-2011, 11:22
How does one go to another state and buy a handgun unless it's transferred through an FFL?

ModGlock17
06-29-2011, 11:39
How does one go to another state and buy a handgun unless it's transferred through an FFL?

... Driver license.

If people want guns, they will get them, legal or not.

ICARRY2
07-03-2011, 15:00
Considering we are taking about New York, I am surprised it only cost $340 and not $1340.

Free Radical
07-03-2011, 15:50

Hoe does one buy recreational drugs?

AlexHassin
07-03-2011, 15:58
Considering we are taking about New York, I am surprised it only cost $340 and not $1340.

Thatís to apply. Also your address will make a big difference in it getting accepted or not.