EOTech & RR [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : EOTech & RR

STI
06-26-2011, 10:15
Just a note about my EOT 512 I could not be more pleased with it, in the last 3 weeks I have 6 - 1 shot hits on coyotes, with 5&6 this am, most about 125 yds todays were some farther, for me it works great for my intended useage. The round count on my RR is 3642, not 1 problem with the EOT or RR. I dont recommend either to anyone but for me they work well, if I had it to buy over I would do the same thing again. This is turning into my favorite rifle real fast.

Clint-M
06-26-2011, 10:26
:cool: Glad your set-up is running like a champ for you. Those are some damn fine shots considering the lighting at 5 or 6 AM.

CM

STI
06-26-2011, 10:37
The 5 & 6 I mentioned were coyote number 5 and 6, they were about 7 am today, 55 gr Nosler BT with 26.2 gr ww 748 and win sr primers. I know there are per the advice given here much better setups but I could not be more pleased with my RR and EOT......................☺ You can just see the entrance hole in shoulder.

I did not even get to use my "Tactical flashlight, grenade launcher,bayonet,laser or combat knife"

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/LenaHorse/coyote6_26_11.jpg

Clint-M
06-26-2011, 14:19
Haha, I was too busy thinking "RR, I didn't see that on the chart!" to read your post fully.

Did your rifle even come with a MS2 Sling attached? Just in case you needed to switch to your weak shoulder for the shot?

CM

STI
06-26-2011, 15:22
No Clint I dont use a sling, it just gets in the way, I even use 20 rd mags, they dont get hung up on heavy brush etc as much.

Clint-M
06-26-2011, 23:56
I was joking, but I'm now unsure if you are. :whistling:

Obviously you wouldn't need to switch to your opposite shoulder for a shot on a coyote.

CM

BlackPaladin
06-27-2011, 04:28
You are joking, really and not even a BCM, wow I never thought I would see the day......All kidding aside, supurb rifle, optic and shooting. While you would not recommend the setup, your picture and description of performance sell it on their own.

STI
06-27-2011, 06:20
Because of all the negative about Rock River here, it shoots moa or less with a good scope on it, never had any problems at all, short easy to use and the EOT works great. I would buy the same setup again in a minute, it works. I tried slings but they just get in the way for me, if I knew what kind to get I probably would do so. I like all brands of AR's, I do prefer my RR over my old Colt. With the lifetime warranty on the RR I have no regrets at all. I have $1249.95 total in the rifle and EOTech and very pleased with both of them. I had an FN before I retired and the RR will out shoot it accuracy wise.

mjkeat
06-27-2011, 06:43
Because of all the negative about Rock River here, it shoots moa or less with a good scope on it, never had any problems at all, short easy to use and the EOT works great. I would buy the same setup again in a minute, it works. I tried slings but they just get in the way for me, if I knew what kind to get I probably would do so. I like all brands of AR's, I do prefer my RR over my old Colt. With the lifetime warranty on the RR I have no regrets at all. I have $1249.95 total in the rifle and EOTech and very pleased with both of them.

Good shooting. Ive been real interested in doing some coyote hunting but haven't been able to find anywhere to do so around here.

To comment on what you said about people being negative toward RR. No one was being negative. In fact what I read was RR makes a decent rifle. Just because someone says there is something better doesn't mean RR is bad.

STI
06-27-2011, 07:10
My mistake if I read it wrong, but the PM's sure were not pro RR, I just smile to all of it. I live in a rural area and can hunt out my back door if I wish, I have shot several off my patio table, I am out every day here with cattle and see quite a few yotes and shoot almost daily at something. I live east of Dallas about an hr or so, are you anywhere close?

HAIL CAESAR
06-27-2011, 07:18
STI,

You do know that you are risking your life without a BCM!!! The coyotes might find out you have something other than a BCM and attack you in waves!!:rofl:

Seriously that is some nice shooting! I don't love many more things than sitting out and calling some yote's in, especially with an AR.:wavey:

Which model do you have?

mjkeat
06-27-2011, 07:21
My mistake if I read it wrong, but the PM's sure were not pro RR, I just smile to all of it. I live in a rural area and can hunt out my back door if I wish, I have shot several off my patio table, I am out every day here with cattle and see quite a few yotes and shoot almost daily at something. I live east of Dallas about an hr or so, are you anywhere close?

Sorry to hear about the PMs.

I'm in S.C. KS. Its roughly a 6hr drive to D from my front door.

Id love to have a set-up similar to you. It however is a totally different story trying to talk the wife into moving outside of town.

STI
06-27-2011, 07:23
HC it is the Opr 2 RR with EOTech 512, a local shop got it in for a lady and she failed to pick it up, I debated for quite awhile of what to get but the match shooters at my club all recommended the RR guns and had no problems with them.
Here are a few more ex RR targets! It does get some use, 7 days a week.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/LenaHorse/dead20coyotes.jpg

Clint-M
06-27-2011, 07:27
I live in a rural area and can hunt out my back door if I wish, I have shot several off my patio table.

I'm green with envy of that statement. I'm young so I've still got plenty of time to do so but I have always wanted to own enough land in TX to shoot out my back door. That's how I first started shooting when I was 8, out back with dad's rifle and a wooden target we made.

For your use, it doesn't sound like a sling even could do you any good. Unless you go walking out on your land with the rifle, then a nice VTAC padded 2-point or something similar would probably be as good as it gets.

CM

STI
06-27-2011, 07:29
Clint you in Round Rock or Red River Tx?
This my daily fence fixing rig, prior to getting the EOT, iron sights then, tools,rifle and rod and reel

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/LenaHorse/4whlr.jpg

My desk! Vaccines,syringes,scalpels,notebooks,branding irons plugged in.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/LenaHorse/P1030365.jpg

It dont get much better than this.

HAIL CAESAR
06-27-2011, 07:33
STI,

That is beautiful country you have there! I hunt with a RRA too and and love it. Mine and a Annie 17 Mach II sit by the back door for targets of opportunity.

mjkeat
06-27-2011, 08:02
Thats a nice place you have STI

Clint-M
06-27-2011, 08:20
Moved to Round Rock last year from Lufkin but my dad had a few hundred acres out in Forestburg.

CM

bmoore
06-27-2011, 09:33
STI- I am extremely jelous of your situation with yote hunting! I hunt around El Centro in CA and its pretty good down there, but its an hour from my house. Theres closer places but not as many dogs. Im going to try my AR exclusively this year until I can handload for the 22-250, it just tears them up to much inside of 100 yards. Im glad you like the Eotech so much. Ive shot more coytoes with iron sites than I have a magnified scope, not sure why but I just like them better. You can typically call in coyotes pretty close out here, very few hang up past 150 yards. Some will come into your lap at a dead run. Nice pics.

STI
06-27-2011, 11:56
I got 2 early spring with my Glock 32 from my patio and from the kitchen window, a 357 sig empty case does not work well in the garbage disposal. I shot them with Ranger T ammo, they folded at about 40 yds.........Also 2 with 12 ga shotgun last winter. Before the RR my main rifle was an old Rem 788 in 243, its hard to beat.

HAIL CAESAR
06-27-2011, 12:01
I got 2 early spring with my Glock 32 from my patio and from the kitchen window, a 357 sig empty case does not work well in the garbage disposal. I shot them with Ranger T ammo, they folded at about 40 yds.........Also 2 with 12 ga shotgun last winter. Before the RR my main rifle was an old Rem 788 in 243, its hard to beat.

I have shot a couple from the crapper window over the years.lol

My favorite coyote gun is a 2506, which is just a speed is speedier 243 really.

bmoore
06-27-2011, 12:16

:supergrin:Im sure they work about as good as a shot glass in the disposal. Thats fun stuff, my friend hunts with a 243, that is fantastic round. Most of the guys out here keep a shotgun in their lap with #4 buck in it for when you cant stop them from coming in, thats very effective out to 60 yards with the correct choke. 223 works for 98% of my stands, but it is nice to have the 22-250 for the few very long open shots that my present themselves in the desert.

bmoore
06-27-2011, 12:17
I have shot a couple from the crapper window over the years.lol

My favorite coyote gun is a 2506, which is just a speed is speedier 243 really.

25-06 is ballistic

HAIL CAESAR
06-27-2011, 12:39
25-06 is ballistic

It does a job on them.:wavey:

STI
06-27-2011, 12:46
The best that I have ever used is my Rem 788 in 6mm with 3.5x10x Leupold, I load 70 gr Speer TNT's, I have never got an exit wound with this combo,(safer around cattle) they just folded in their tracks.

STI
06-27-2011, 13:36
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/LenaHorse/coyote_17_RR556.jpg

After the earlier post this was a schocker when we went to move a bull at 1 pm, he just appeared from nowhere, stopped and looked back, about 80 yds...

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/LenaHorse/MVC-475S.jpg

bmoore
06-27-2011, 13:51
You are up to your elbows in coyotes!

STI
06-27-2011, 19:48
sure put a dent in them for sure.

FreakyBig
06-27-2011, 20:01
Good shooting.

How about some pics of the rifle.

I haven't heard of a whole lot of negative about Rock River (other than from the Colt queers)

I couldn't be happier with my 16" Tactical Entry or my 20" Varmint
The 552 has worked well although I'll probably replace it with a EXPS and G23 magnifier before long.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c182/FreakyBig/IMG_5712.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c182/FreakyBig/IMG_5711.jpg

bmoore
06-27-2011, 20:23
Good shooting.

How about some pics of the rifle.

I haven't heard of a whole lot of negative about Rock River (other than from the Colt queers)

I couldn't be happier with my 16" Tactical Entry or my 20" Varmint
The 552 has worked well although I'll probably replace it with a EXPS and G23 magnifier before long.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c182/FreakyBig/IMG_5712.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c182/FreakyBig/IMG_5711.jpg

Nice looking rifle. I would also love to see some pics of that coyote stick. FreakyBig if its not a BCM it will break in half after 500 rounds.

STI
06-27-2011, 20:33
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/LenaHorse/P1030862.jpg

This is it, I spent all day with it and will again tomorrow, 1 shot today 1 coyote.

bmoore
06-27-2011, 20:40
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/LenaHorse/P1030862.jpg

This is it, I spent all day with it and will again tomorrow, 1 shot today 1 coyote.

Nice looking rig. I just got some Winchester 748 today. I am assuming you like the load your shooting? Im thinking of starting at 26.0 grains

STI
06-27-2011, 20:52
26.2 ---748 is my load ww sr primers, 55 gr BT's loaded to just fit the mag. 748 meters great, I check about every 10th round then after all charged seat all of them.

robinsok
06-27-2011, 20:53
I wasn't aware that since i bought my first RRA 5~ years ago that they had been downgraded by the online mobs from a pretty damned good rifle, and great bang for the buck to something less than that. I have two of them now and in the 5 years i have owned at least one, I can't remember having a problem out of either one. And I will give them a good cleaning occasionally, but I don't go crazy and have put them away dirty before, and they worked the next time out. I'm glad i don't read too much i guess or I'd be upgrading to something "acceptable" by now.. :)

bmoore
06-27-2011, 21:06
I wasn't aware that since i bought my first RRA 5~ years ago that they had been downgraded by the online mobs from a pretty damned good rifle, and great bang for the buck to something less than that. I have two of them now and in the 5 years i have owned at least one, I can't remember having a problem out of either one. And I will give them a good cleaning occasionally, but I don't go crazy and have put them away dirty before, and they worked the next time out. I'm glad i don't read too much i guess or I'd be upgrading to something "acceptable" by now.. :)

You have to beware of keyboard commandos. I bought my Smith M&P15 a few years ago and it along with RRA was considered very good. Now if you ask about a revolver someone will tell you to buy a BCM or LMT upper and have it machined into a revolver otherwise it wont work or it will break after 250,000 rounds.

HAIL CAESAR
06-27-2011, 21:15
You have to beware of keyboard commandos. I bought my Smith M&P15 a few years ago and it along with RRA was considered very good. Now if you ask about a revolver someone will tell you to buy a BCM or LMT upper and have it machined into a revolver otherwise it wont work or it will break after 250,000 rounds.

:rofl::rofl:

Very funny, very true, and very sad.

Can anyone find the thread were the guy asked about buying a target gun that would double as a varmint gun......and the zippies started into "You need a BMC Middy!!" Just what I want in a target gun: a 16 inch CL bore, M4 profile barrel, with a sloppy 5.56 chamber. :rofl::rofl:

STI
06-27-2011, 21:17
Same here, due to the dust I clean every 2 weeks and usually if I have not shot a match have several hundred rounds through it, I like to go to the bottomland and look for snakes on my ATV, if we could get some rain my shooting would really improve as many more targets would be out. Slow right now.

FYI my RR has shot everything I have had in it even a few Wolf just to try them to see if they ejected ok, they shot fine, just did not group as well as WCC,PMC,LC or Federal, my reloads shot the best. All but the LC193 shot semi close to each other, the LC grouped well bit always shot 2" to the right at 100 yds of everything else. The PMC Bronze shot great. AS well as my reloads. I mounted a BR36x Leupold scope on it to check the accuracy, it will easy shoot under 1"-- 5 shot groups at 100 yds with all but Wolf. Just POI was different. I sight in 1" high at 100 yds.

robinsok
06-27-2011, 21:21
I mean the biggest vote of confidence I can give a gun is to say that i wouldn't be afraid to pick it up and go down the hallway at night If someone were in my house. And i wouldn't be afraid to take the RRA.. I figure if it hasn't ever given me a problem yet, there is a pretty slim chance that it will then. I'm sure someone can break out "the chart", and tell me i'm wrong and tell me my gun is a POS or that it is assembled incorrectly, but my experience tells me that i'll more than likely continue to have good luck with it.

STI
06-27-2011, 21:23
We have a group that sometimes comes to our 3 gun matches that have everything on but facepaint, they never seem to do that good but they sure are lookers!!! If you see it in a magazine they have it!

pleaforwar
06-27-2011, 21:29
Don't know if I missed it during the thread, but whereabouts in Texas are you from STI?

bmoore
06-27-2011, 21:30
If I had some spare dough one of the first things I would do is buy a few thousand rounds of assorted ammo and start running it through my DMPS 20" standard A2 upper. Im curious to see how far it would go, and what would be the first weak link to break. One certainly not poo poo the accuracy, the groups at 50 yards were tight and kind of surprising with iron sites.......and most of all me shooting it, im not exactly rifleman of the year.

STI
06-27-2011, 21:32
plea I am just over an hr east of Dallas close to Sulphur Springs

BMoore I have broken an extractor, cam pin and my Colt is on its 3rd barrel, all on the Colt, its a pre SP1 model with green funiture, I used to get all the ammo I could shoot and took advantage of it. Many afternoons shooting a 840 rd can. In the trash dump. Lots of rats there in the late afternoon before dark.

bmoore
06-27-2011, 21:32
We have a group that sometimes comes to our 3 gun matches that have everything on but facepaint, they never seem to do that good but they sure are lookers!!! If you see it in a magazine they have it!

Im going to get a pair of operator pants to wear in the backyard

STI
06-27-2011, 21:37
see if you can get us a deal on 2 pair!!

bmoore
06-27-2011, 21:43
LOL, I will check into it.

bmoore
06-27-2011, 21:44

BMoore I have broken an extractor, cam pin and my Colt is on its 3rd barrel, all on the Colt, its a pre SP1 model with green funiture, I used to get all the ammo I could shoot and took advantage of it. Many afternoons shooting a 840 rd can. In the trash dump. Lots of rats there in the late afternoon before dark.

Ok, good to know

pleaforwar
06-27-2011, 21:44

Off I20? Near Tyler? Forgive me if I am being too intrusive.

Teecher45
06-27-2011, 23:36
I like the set-up, and I love the coyotes. Here in W. KY we don't have as many as you seem to but, we have enough to entertain ourselves with. I have two boys old enough to go with me and usually the 11 yo carries his .243, the 8 yo carries my 6920 (hated to find-out about all of us guys that carries colts are queers) and I usually am just carrying a light and a .410 for the snakes.
I really hate it when I get generalized.

HAIL CAESAR
06-27-2011, 23:40
I like the set-up, and I love the coyotes. Here in W. KY we don't have as many as you seem to but, we have enough to entertain ourselves with. I have two boys old enough to go with me and usually the 11 yo carries his .243, the 8 yo carries my 6920 (hated to find-out about all of us guys that carries colts are queers) and I usually am just carrying a light and a .410 for the snakes.
I really hate it when I get generalized.

But you got some pigs down there..donít you?

And I think he was generalizing about guys that generalize anything but Colt is junk and worthless for anything.:rofl:

Teecher45
06-28-2011, 00:01
Yeah, NOT one of those guys. And yeah, we have a lot to shoot at and are very lucky to have enough land to do it.
If I was going to be hatin' on anything it would never be anyone's choice of guns, I have several different makes and models. BUT the same cannot be said for the choice of ATV's. Do they not have Honda's in Texas?
j/k (kind of, a little bit)
Hey STI, did that handguard come on your AR? I think (?) those are only available for RR's. Am I correct? I would love to have one similiar for my 6920. I actually love my stock hadguard but I have got to figure out a way to attach a white light on it!

STI
06-28-2011, 06:00
The RR is just as it came except the EOTech and 20 rd mag. Yes RR sells the handguards in the catalog. The barrel is free float. Something I wanted.

The Yahama ATV is the last thing my father got me before he died, I will keep it forever if I can, everytime I get on it I think of him and I am on it daily. It used to be a fun toy but turned into a workhorse. I got it in 2001, and had to replace the stator last year is all that ever went bad on it other than tires & batteries.

Plea your on the wrong interstate, I am off I30 not I20, the Tyler area is much more piney woods than here, we have more open land here, I am nw of the area you mentioned.

STI
06-28-2011, 06:18
There are lots of pigs around but not right here!! Darn it!! I have hunted them alot mostly to the south and north of me, we had sign here 1 time 4-5 yrs ago but I have never seen one here. I wish we did. The last one I shot was with a 1911 45acp after my friend hit it with a 243 and it fell down into a creek bottom.

bmoore
06-28-2011, 10:39
No yotes today?

STI
06-28-2011, 11:37
Nope nothing, penned cattle all morning and took several to sale, have not fired a shot. I will make a run through the bottomland in an hr or so but I doubt it mid day that I see anything, maybe some crows. I have been wanting to try some 40 gr in my rifle as they are dynomite to crows but I am not sure the twist will stabilize them well , I have a McMillian 1 in 14 twist 223 rifle that really shoots them well with a 6x24 scope on it. Also I sure hate to lose Lapua brass that I have totally prepped for my McMillian rifle. I have never cronographed them but in the McMillian with a 26" barrel I bet they are close to 3700 fps maybe more. I have some 36gr Sisk bullets that never made it to the target at 100 yds from my 22-250 AI, just too fast for them.

SigFTW
06-28-2011, 11:37
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> STI, that is the same model I have and I picked it over the S&W. It’s a sweet and tight shooting AR.

STI
06-28-2011, 11:41
Glad to see that, I am headed out with mine right now to the bottomland, will take camera with me, see all later.

bmoore
06-28-2011, 11:56
Those 40grn are zipping. I shot a coyote last year with a 45grn JHP Winchester value pak 22-250 round. Last time I will ever do that. Id post the pics but it would be shut down quick. It didnt help that it was about a 70 yard shot.

Teecher45
06-28-2011, 13:40
STI, that's a cool story about your ATV, I don't blame you, I would keep it forever too. I'm sorry if I was out of line, or brought-up any bad memories.
Lee.

pleaforwar
06-28-2011, 19:11
STI, I asked because I know of some parts of the state where the shooters who show up appearing to be mall ninjas to you would turn out to be actually good shooters.

Have you ever considered/or participated in any form of defensive training? If you haven't, you're in luck because you aren't that far from a great instructor, Paul Howe. I don't know if you know anything about him, but he runs a school in Nacogdoches and he is a combat vet from Somalia.

I expect you to think this is going to be one of the courses where there is a ton of sh** talking about rifles like yours. Quite the contrary actually. Mr. Howe has gone on forums, like M4C, and argued about how the mindset is far more important than the rifle. He even mentioned how DPMS rifles worked well for him as loaners.

Just something to consider.

STI
06-28-2011, 20:36
Plea thanks for the info, I was a door gunner then a crewchief on a Huey in SE Asia and in the Army 6 yrs-- 30 months in SE Asia but that was along time ago, I shot on the Army Gold Pistol Team at Ft Hood TX for 2 yrs got out and went to work with the Fed Govt in the NSA before I retired. I have a bad leg and it prevents lots of movement for me which is sometimes very painful. I just shoot matches for fun now as I am no longer very competetive if there is much movement involved, but I do shoot every day here, I will be leaving for awhile going out of state for a shooting vacation ending up in TN shooting a steel match and a few IDPA matches also.
You mentioned the mindset, yes I was very much into that on the Gold team, you would not believe all we did to improve our concentration.
I know that I would really enjoy the training but would be very limited due to my knee/leg. I work with some young orphans close to here monthly letting them learn to shoot and really enjoy that.

STI
06-28-2011, 20:50
Shot at 2 crows today was all, hit the 1st and missed the 2nd, it sure was hot here. I probably misread the mirage and the wind today, the 1st crow really exploded, he was about 90 yds

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/LenaHorse/tuesday.jpg

mjkeat
06-28-2011, 22:53
Shot at 2 crows today was all, hit the 1st and missed the 2nd, it sure was hot here. I probably misread the mirage and the wind today, the 1st crow really exploded, he was about 90 yds

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/LenaHorse/tuesday.jpg

Sounds like you have it quite nice.

Good luck in your travels.

pleaforwar
06-29-2011, 02:24
Plea thanks for the info, I was a door gunner then a crewchief on a Huey in SE Asia and in the Army 6 yrs-- 30 months in SE Asia but that was along time ago, I shot on the Army Gold Pistol Team at Ft Hood TX for 2 yrs got out and went to work with the Fed Govt in the NSA before I retired. I have a bad leg and it prevents lots of movement for me which is sometimes very painful. I just shoot matches for fun now as I am no longer very competetive if there is much movement involved, but I do shoot every day here, I will be leaving for awhile going out of state for a shooting vacation ending up in TN shooting a steel match and a few IDPA matches also.
You mentioned the mindset, yes I was very much into that on the Gold team, you would not believe all we did to improve our concentration.
I know that I would really enjoy the training but would be very limited due to my knee/leg. I work with some young orphans close to here monthly letting them learn to shoot and really enjoy that.

Roger that, and thank you for your service.

Most classes I know of are willing to accommodate issues like this. I remember seeing a picture of a guy lugging an oxygen tank during a course, but I can't remember which. Another example is a shooter who goes by the sn RetreatHell. He is paralyzed from a combat wound, but has attended courses like Larry Vickers and Magpul Dynamics. He's from Texas also.

Anyways, I was just throwing it out for consideration. Good luck with your future competitions, and my hats off to you for what you do for the kids.

Cheers,
Dan

Hexx
07-01-2011, 03:05
Wait..what? RRA is a bad brand? *gasp!* i never knew! i have over 1000 rounds through me RRA Elite Carbine without one failure..wow i never knew RRA was a bad brand! I shot clean ammo, dirty ammo, wolf, federal, remington, winchester, brown bear(actuly shoots and groups damn well but smells so bad), etc etc, and I have cooked off several mags....if I had known RRA was a bad brand I would not of bothered with the research and just bought a COLT!!!
Oh wait, I did do research.
50 yards, 3 shots inside your thumbnail, open sights....."benched" over the hood of a truck with my backpack, and thats consistant.
Guess I better sell it.
STI even though I do not like shooting/killing anything unless its defense or I am going to eat it...Keep rocking that RRA.

pgg00
07-01-2011, 04:52
Hey STI, did that handguard come on your AR? I think (?) those are only available for RR's. Am I correct? I would love to have one similiar for my 6920. I actually love my stock hadguard but I have got to figure out a way to attach a white light on it!

Yankee Hill makes a similar free float that you can put on the colt.

mjkeat
07-01-2011, 07:31
No coyotes today?